Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2020, 02:57 PM

43,096 posts, read 18,269,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
People can't even get close to these types of prices...a good percentage of Americans have never had that much "on the side" in their entire lives!

No doubt a perfect indication of why we need universal health care like other civilized countries!

An article says don't go to the hospital to get tested......if you think you have it! So people are not supposed to get tested....because, if they try, the hospital will be overloaded.

I have - for decades - been saying our Medical System is predatory...and simply wrong. It has already largely destroyed us budget wise by being double the price it should be (debt, deficit, bankruptcies, lack of job portability).

But, the system really does not care if you live or die. What they do care about is that the Government will pay them back if they end up "putting out" for public health. After all their charge is to their stockholders or partners...period. They could be sued if they don't do right by their investors.
Our income taxes should be going to this instead of the pork that it does.

Old 03-03-2020, 02:58 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
The defense secretary has sent word to commanders to not do or say anything with respect to corona that would interfere with Trump's "messaging". Trump's messaging? What about the damn truth?

Old 03-03-2020, 03:00 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
I certainly won't be traveling to Washington state. But, we don't know how many people this person has already infected before they knew they were sick.
The flu has been particularly bad this year. I'm wondering of some of those cases that were thought to be the flu were actually misdiagnosed cases of COVID-19. I wouldn't be surprised if it's been here longer than we think. Without tests there was no way of knowing.

Old 03-03-2020, 03:00 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
"The" Doctor? Which doctor? 10's of millions of Americans don't have a GP.

Do they go to Walgreens? Or the Minute Clinic with a real doctor? How do we know those doctors have test kits? The news here says all test kits at at the hospital.

Please inform us a little better as to the proper protocol. What should a sick senior in florida that cannot drive do if they feel sick?
Well, you live in Florida. Drive them.

Old 03-03-2020, 03:01 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The defense secretary has sent word to commanders to not do or say anything with respect to corona that would interfere with Trump's "messaging". Trump's messaging? What about the damn truth?
I'm just flat out relying on the information coming out at the state government level, and ignoring any gaseous eruptions from the Swamp.

Old 03-03-2020, 03:04 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"Officials say the person traveled from Wake County to the State of Washington and was exposed at a long-term care facility where there is currently a COVID-19 outbreak"

Like I said the other day, don't travel to and from Washington state.
If the airlines and trains and busses and roads allow travel everywhere - people will travel everywhere. Whether or not you or I do doesn't mean much if someone else does and then coughs on the food we get at the restaurant, etc.

The cases around here in FL are reportedly, so far, from Italy. Millions of people travel here...to and fro....every month. I regular drive people around who travel the world...let alone the 5 or so other languages I hear regularly.

We are taking basic precautions of not crowding in with people, etc. - just the two of us right now in our own house. At the same time I will be doing my volunteer work, playing tennis and other things that bring me in contact with some others. I would only stop that if a very large number of cases were being reported nearby.

One problem is that Florida health care access is #49 in the nation..and the nation is pretty bad itself. So we are not likely to be right up on the cases....there will be quite a lag if things start spreading.

Old 03-03-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Well, you live in Florida. Drive them.
I do and I will......that's one of my volunteer jobs. But the hospitals say not to come in.

I don't know any doctors down here. I went to the local clinic "pay per visit" when I got something in my eye. But I don't suppose they are going to have test kits.

Old 03-03-2020, 03:06 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
WHO says the mortality rate of corona virus is 3.4% worldwide not 2% as earlier thought.

Old 03-03-2020, 03:06 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,308,300 times
Quote:
The cases around here in FL are reportedly, so far, from Italy.
The Manatee County FL case didn't have any known travel but the 2 sisters in the Hillsborough County FL cases were recently in Italy. Did you hear something different about the Manatee County (Sarasota) case?

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/03/0...e-coronavirus/

The Manatee County case involves a man who does not have a history of traveling to countries that have been identified for restricted travel

Old 03-03-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Is the Bradenton/Sarasota case also Italy? Last I heard this Brandenton case didn't have any known travel but the Hillsborough county FL case was from Italy. Maybe I missed the updates?
Right - I was talking about that Tampa case. I don't think they placed the SRQ person yet...in fact, it wasn't even on the map last night.

Just returned through tampa airport and the Uber driver was hacking a storm. Not good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies