Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2020, 04:09 AM

1,199 posts, read 638,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
She should be arrested on charges of terrorism. Falls under the exact same category of "you can't yell fire in a crowded movie theatre". Not covered under free speech, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Arrest her today and make an example.
You’re not good at Constitutional Law. You can call for her arrest, because it’s just what you people do, but leave the First Amendment analysis out of it... you’re out of your depth.

Old 03-04-2020, 04:11 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,244,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
You’re not good at Constitutional Law. You can call for her arrest, because it’s just what you people do, but leave the First Amendment analysis out of it... you’re out of your depth.
Again: you can't yell fire in a crowded theatre. It is not covered under the first amendment.

Old 03-04-2020, 04:20 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Liberal Denver city council member is encouraging people to go to President Trump's rallies with coronavirus.

Rather than President Trump's positive and unifying messge, liberals like the council member in Denver go negative and partisan.

President Trump's rallies are incredibly positive and uplifting events where our commander and chief focuses on his accomplishments and talks about his plans for his next 4 years as President.

She is shameful with her negativity with those who she disagrees with.

The negative rhetoric out of liberals is truely amazing these days. Rather than joining President Trump to unite the country, she and many liberals are using negative rhetoric.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/if-i-do-...rity-to-tweet/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-trump-rallies
Like they'd actually give her a ticket.

Old 03-04-2020, 04:25 AM

1,199 posts, read 638,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Again: you can't yell fire in a crowded theatre. It is not covered under the first amendment.
I’m familiar with the 1919 Schenck case, which established the “can’t yell fire” rule that you’re parroting. Are you aware that it was effectively overturned 50 years ago, when the Supreme Court held in Brandenburg, a case involving the KKK, that speech advocating violence is punishable only if it is intended to incite violent action AND likely to result in such action?

No, you didn’t know that. Because you’re high on opinions and low on information. Saying that you’re going to spread coronavirus IF you get it does not come close to passing the Brandenburg test.

But carry on. “Lock her up! Can’t yell fire. I know the law; I watch FoxNews!”

Old 03-04-2020, 04:51 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
I believe she CAN indeed be arrested for threatening to kill people. Either way, it is beyond disgusting that a Democrat politician has so much hate for half the voters in this country that she would like to see them dead (or seriously ill) - and announces she would do her part to see it happen.

Republican voters take notice: IF the worst happens and Democrats succeed in vilifying 60+ million Americans AND Biden wins, you will be advised to keep any reference to your political opinions under wraps in relation to employment specifically. I myself am a member of two Republican groups - one national and one local - and would never put that on a LinkedIn entry. Republican voters will demonized the same way that Germans looked upon Jews in the early to mid 1930s.

Old 03-04-2020, 04:55 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Democrats can't seem to rid themselves of the criminal mindset infecting their party !!!

Old 03-04-2020, 04:56 AM

30,349 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Liberal Denver city council member is encouraging people to go to President Trump's rallies with coronavirus.

Rather than President Trump's positive and unifying messge, liberals like the council member in Denver go negative and partisan.

President Trump's rallies are incredibly positive and uplifting events where our commander and chief focuses on his accomplishments and talks about his plans for his next 4 years as President.

She is shameful with her negativity with those who she disagrees with.

The negative rhetoric out of liberals is truely amazing these days. Rather than joining President Trump to unite the country, she and many liberals are using negative rhetoric.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/if-i-do-...rity-to-tweet/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-trump-rallies
What she is suggesting is criminal....intentionally inflicting someone with a deadly disease = jail time for that typical liberal hater.

Old 03-04-2020, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
I agree she should not have said that. But Trump did say his rallies were very safe, and he continues to have them, knowing people could get sick. Isn't actually having the rally worse (action) than a silly statement.
Actually, the Democrat hater might have been "just talkin'," but she well could have planted the idea in the warped brain of a Democrat. (Sort of like the way that deranged Democrat shot up the Republican softball game after Sanders talked **** about Republicans.)

Note: It was just reported that someone placed on self-quarantine decided to ignore it, and someone else was infected as a result. I would say that if the person infected dies (extremely unlikely, thank G-d), that the person who knowingly placed himself/herself in a position to kill someone by his/her violation of quarantine should be charged with negligent manslaughter.

Old 03-04-2020, 05:00 AM

3,535 posts, read 2,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
I agree she should not have said that. But Trump did say his rallies were very safe, and he continues to have them, knowing people could get sick. Isn't actually having the rally worse (action) than a silly statement.
Funny I could have sworn that both Biden and Sanders are both holding rallies, and supposedly they both believe in science......

Old 03-04-2020, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
What she is suggesting is criminal....intentionally inflicting someone with a deadly disease = jail time for that typical liberal hater.
Yes. I believe that during the height of the AIDS crisis, when contracting it was a certain death sentence, people who knowingly had unprotected sex without informing his/her partner - and the partner got AIDS - were charged with a crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.