Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2020, 07:18 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Ever place an order and find it is on back order? Or, "due unusually high demand we are experiencing delays".

Once again, just saying things, or just "ordering" them does not make them magically appear.

Do you really, truly believe if the state of WA could just press a button and order something, they wouldn't have already done that? Do you think that you have solved the crisis?

Do you think there is a lack of tests because no one told the states that some company on the internet is offering them for 20 cents?

Wanna buy a bridge?
i called IDT today and they were in stock. my workplace orders primers, probes and synthetic gene constructs from them weekly.. try it yourself. they also supply the CDC.
On the contrary, ordering things pretty much does just make them ‘magically’ appear; ever hear of a company called Amazon?

‘Some company on the internet’

Quote:
ecretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar said Thursday that he believes between CDC tests and those from a private company, IDT, there will be a nationwide capacity to test 475,000 people by the end of the week. Azar said he hopes IDT will ramp up to a million or a million and a half people by the end of next week.

He explained that the test involves examining multiple specimens from one person. For example, in order to test 400,000 people, the IDT test will process 1 million specimens.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/q13fox....s-top-200/amp/

Last edited by uggabugga; 03-05-2020 at 07:27 PM..

Old 03-05-2020, 07:19 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Does that include the lab that actually runs the tests? I would think the labs will be another bottleneck.
They are. We have a shortage of tests, and too many tests would over run the labs.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-05-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Does that include the lab that actually runs the tests? I would think the labs will be another bottleneck.
lab sold separately. Or you can buy a real-time PCR machine on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BioRad-iCyc...kAAOSwwrlcpTLY

Old 03-05-2020, 07:23 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i called IDT today and they were in stock. my workplace orders primers, probes and synthetic gene constructs from them weekly.. try it yourself. they also supply the CDC.
On the contrary, ordering things pretty much does just make them ‘magically’ appear; ever hear of a company called Amazon?
Sure, you better tell Mike Pence about this. He can make Trump look better quickly and cheaply. They won't need those billions since you know things!

You should volunteer immediately for the team in the WH.....I mean it. If you have a quick solution like this it would help millions of Americans.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Ohhhh, medical equipment off eBay. What could go wrong?

You should call the hospitals and offer yourself as a consultant.

Psst: do you not know that ebay is a huge repository of China made knock-offs?

Did you know there was a HUGE bust in Thailand of them repackaging used masks for sale in the original packaging?

Old 03-05-2020, 07:25 PM

3,826 posts, read 1,780,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Impressed with Italy? Odd flex. They decided to not suspend travel with China and brought in the virus sooner, in larger numbers, and as a result became the primary source for infection for the rest of Europe. Why in the world would you be impressed with that??
I didn't say impressed with their airline travel restrictions or lack there of. They are at least testing their people, closing schools and many towns in the Northern part of Italy are on lock down. Is any country prohibiting air travel to all other countries? Its not just China to be concerned about.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:26 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
We are real conservatives - the independent man! We need to MAKE our own machines from scratch.

But really there is little need if we can convince Jim Bakker to sell his cheaper or give away the formula. I cannot imagine that a Man of God cannot fix this stat.

My Gut, which is usually more right than Trumps, tells me Jim can come up with something....stat.

Please - go to twitter and tell Pence and Trump how they can look good. Quick!

Old 03-05-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
We are real conservatives - the independent man! We need to MAKE our own machines from scratch.

But really there is little need if we can convince Jim Bakker to sell his cheaper or give away the formula. I cannot imagine that a Man of God cannot fix this stat.

My Gut, which is usually more right than Trumps, tells me Jim can come up with something....stat.

Please - go to twitter and tell Pence and Trump how they can look good. Quick!
I have no idea why you’re bellowing about Jim bakker and making machines from scratch.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Ohhhh, medical equipment off eBay. What could go wrong?

You should call the hospitals and offer yourself as a consultant.

Psst: do you not know that ebay is a huge repository of China made knock-offs?
it’s a machine that heats and cools and measures fluorometric emissions. why would the chinese make knockoffs of years-old PCR machines? that’s sheer stupidity.

feel free to respond to #2934 if you’re able to do so.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:40 PM

Quote:
it’s a machine that heats and cools and takes measures fluorometric emissions. why would the chinese make knockoffs of years-old PCR machines? that’s sheer stupidity.

feel free to respond to #2934 if you’re able to do so.
Why would anyone make a knock off of anything? Because there are people who would buy it. YOU seem to think it is a good idea.

I'll have to go back and look at your numbered post that seems important to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies