Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2020, 12:51 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the trump haters here complain that trump hasnt responded to the corona virus in a timely manner, yet we ahve fewer than 300 cases in this country, and fewer than 20 deaths. why? because trump stepped up and restricted travel from countries with known outbreaks of the disease, and has quarantined US citizens brought back from countries with the disease running rampant.

and the CDC hasnt been lagging either, they continually research various viruses, some far worse than corona by the way, so its not like the corona virus is the only thing they have to deal with.

also lets not leave congress blameless in this, they took their sweet time bringing up a spending bill to help combat the disease, though they did get it passed fairly quickly once it hit the floor.

also note that trump declared an emergency at the end of january about a month after the virus was first discovered. compere that with the 2009 h1n1 outbreak where it took obama more than six months to declare an emergency, and by that time tens of thousands had been infected with that virus with over a thousand deaths.

WTF are you talking about?!

The US has NOT banned travelers from Italy or South Korea.

US declines to issue travel ban on Italy and South Korea despite coronavirus fears

Old 03-06-2020, 12:52 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what a load of feces. explain in detail how trump was responsible for a faulty reagent in the first generation CDC covid-19 kit.

did they lie or did they over-promise?

cite evidence they knew they wouldn't have the testing capability they promised.

Seriously.

If I knew, they knew.

I said at the time that they were lying, but was willing to wait until today to see if I was wrong
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-06-2020, 12:53 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
How about a link proving this “story.”
I posted it a few comments back but here it is again.

https://www.propublica.org/article/c...-covid-19-test
The federal agency shunned the World Health Organization test guidelines used by other countries and set out to create a more complicated test of its own that could identify a range of similar viruses. But when it was sent to labs across the country in the first week of February, it didn’t work as expected. The CDC test correctly identified COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus. But in all but a handful of state labs, it falsely flagged the presence of the other viruses in harmless samples.

Old 03-06-2020, 12:55 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Seriously.

If I knew, they knew.

I said at the time that they were lying, but was willing to wait until today to see if I was wrong
seriously. you didn't know.

i take it no evidence from you will be forthcoming. but cite your post where you claimed at the time they were lying.

Old 03-06-2020, 12:56 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,766,627 times
Quote:
what a load of feces. explain in detail how trump was responsible for a faulty reagent in the first generation CDC covid-19 kit.
I never said it was Trump's fault the tests were faulty.

Old 03-06-2020, 12:57 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Who is going to bring food to the people that aren't stocked up for 21 days?
You should have prepared, it’s been 3 months. If not, you won’t die without food for 21 days.

Old 03-06-2020, 12:58 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
please!

Just the other day, I read an article says

One of the things to know with COVID-19: runny nose is rarely a component of the illness,” says Dr. Marta Feldmesser, chief of medicine of infectious diseases at Lenox Hill Hospital. “So if people [around you] start sneezing, that’s not something that should trigger concerns.”

Feldmesser says that only around 5% of the first 1,100 cases in China exhibited any nasal symptoms.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/06/corona...he-difference/

Then, another article says,

Covid-19 main symptoms: high fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, and running nose

Let's not listen to the "experts" either because NO ONE is an expert.

we are really on our own

Old 03-06-2020, 01:01 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
please!

Just the other day, I read an article says

One of the things to know with COVID-19: runny nose is rarely a component of the illness,” says Dr. Marta Feldmesser, chief of medicine of infectious diseases at Lenox Hill Hospital. “So if people [around you] start sneezing, that’s not something that should trigger concerns.”

Feldmesser says that only around 5% of the first 1,100 cases in China exhibited any nasal symptoms.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/06/corona...he-difference/

Then, another article says,

Covid-19 main symptoms: dry cough, shortness of breath, and running nose

Let's not listen to the "experts" either because NO ONE is an expert.

we are really on our own
lily...springtime = allergies = sneezing

What if you are infected and have spring allergies ?

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I never said it was Trump's fault the tests were faulty.
you said trump's 'anti-science' stance was the reason we don't have enough testing.

you have some 'splainin' to do.

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
seriously. you didn't know.

i take it no evidence from you will be forthcoming. but cite your post where you claimed at the time they were lying.
You can go back and look for it, it's not worth my time. I did, I went into a whole argument that the words they were using meant it wasn't going to happen. Almost a direct quote from me "I worked for the government, I speak government" towards the end of the post.

PLUS, being able to come up with so many tests so quickly isn't really feasible. Impossible? No. Unlikely? Yes.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies