Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2020, 12:09 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The FDA approval was the red tape.
Link?

39,182 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
True, I went to a long time friends wedding this weekend. I was given advice to sit at the back and away from people. They had planned for a medium size wedding, but it turned out to be a small wedding, lots of guest did not show up, and people were spread out all over a large church. I felt bad for them, and on top of that someone had a coughing fit. I didn't stuck around after that because that was after the wedding, in between the reception when this lady couldn't stop coughing. They had way more food there, than people to eat it.
I think many of us should learn to say no. I have no problems saying no. lol

My friends started texting each other, "what is your traveling history>" if they found out you recently traveled, plan would be canceled. At least, people started doing things to protect themselves now.

17,595 posts, read 6,886,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
All of Trump’s problems are of his own making. Period.
Trump didn’t make the coronavirus. Please seek help.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:11 PM

43,047 posts, read 18,205,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Link?
Just found it..was going to amend my post.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...testing-in-u-s

A problem with one ingredient in test kits that the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention distributed to labs around the country had created a frustrating bottleneck in testing, requiring most testing to occur at the CDC in Atlanta.
"The FDA has authorized the use of those tests by using just the first and second step to provide a definitive diagnostic," Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said during a congressional hearing Thursday.

Forty labs — local and state public health labs as well as select department of defense labs — across the U.S. are already authorized to start using the modified test, and all 93 labs should be able to start testing by next week, Azar said.

And another link not behind paywall:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/cd...ity-2020-02-28

Old 03-08-2020, 12:11 PM

302 posts, read 368,609 times
Default How come nobody is talking about.....

The medical community is telling people to STOP BUYING MASKS - because they need them in for nurses , Dr.s , etc. .

Why don't ALL hospitals and clinics , EMT s etc. have their OWN supply ?

Are they buying from Home Depot ? - It makes no effin logical sense to me . That's akin to telling me not to buy aspirin because the hospitals need them .

Why don't we as a country have buildings with fresh air ventilation available for ALL the people on the cruise

ships who tested positive to be quarantined ? I hear Detroit has some .

The cruise ships AND hospitals ALL have bad air circulation , hence the skyrocketing chance of you getting

infected from ANY airborne viruses ( SARS , MERS etc. ) in these closed air places .

Why aren't anyone ' in charge ' talking about these things ??? just my 2 cents and rant

One more thing , what if this dies down in the summer and comes back STRONGER LIKE THE 'SPANISH' FLU did in 1918 !!!??

Last edited by saintmj nyc; 03-08-2020 at 12:22 PM..

Old 03-08-2020, 12:13 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,571,779 times
CDC and all private labs need to get busy developing a vaccine for TDS - it is rampant on here, with lots of irrational post by the afflicted. The corona virus is not nearly as dangerous as TDS.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:13 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
It's not like a news station would have such stories, oh wait:

Ebola outbreak: Why Obama is allowing Ebolaphobia to spread
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/ebol...obia-to-spread

Is Obama doing enough to prevent an Ebola outbreak in America?
https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/i...eak-in-america

Ebola crisis: Yes, we need to help but is Obama ready to keep Americans safe?
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/ebol...americans-safe

Old 03-08-2020, 12:14 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Just found it..was going to amend my post.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...testing-in-u-s

A problem with one ingredient in test kits that the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention distributed to labs around the country had created a frustrating bottleneck in testing, requiring most testing to occur at the CDC in Atlanta.
"The FDA has authorized the use of those tests by using just the first and second step to provide a definitive diagnostic," Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said during a congressional hearing Thursday.

Forty labs — local and state public health labs as well as select department of defense labs — across the U.S. are already authorized to start using the modified test, and all 93 labs should be able to start testing by next week, Azar said.

And another link not behind paywall:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/cd...ity-2020-02-28
That hardly states that a lack of medical standards would have somehow resolved the problem.

You realize we could have simply used the WHO tests, but outright refused to do so, with no rationale whatsoever?

Last edited by subaru5555; 03-08-2020 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 03-08-2020, 12:14 PM

39,182 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintmj nyc View Post
The medical community is telling people to STOP BUYING MASKS - because they need them in for nurses , Dr.s , etc. .

Are they buying from Home Depot ? - It makes no effin logical sense to me . That's akin to telling me not to buy aspirin because the hospitals need them .

Why don't we as a country have buildings with fresh air ventilation available for ALL the people on the cruise

The cruise ships AND hospitals ALL have bad air circulation , hence the skyrocketing chance of you getting

infected from ANY airborne viruses ( SARS , MERS etc. ) in these closed air places .

Why aren't anyone ' in charge ' talking about these things ??? just my 2 cents and rant

Yeah, I posted this couple of pages ago, American doctors don't encourage people to wear mask. Asian doctors all encourage people to wear masks. Are all asian doctors morons?

I say people who use public transportation, please wear mask.

I don't buy hundreds of them, i have two reusable ones, and 50 regular surgical mask, that is all I need, and I don't even use public transportation.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:17 PM

43,047 posts, read 18,205,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintmj nyc View Post

Cause they are all busy fighting with each other over who is in charge.

Is the FDA in charge of the CDC or is the CDC in charge of the FDA and then HHS wants in as well.
They are tripping over each other to "be in charge" but when confronted with hard questions (why no test kits) then no one is in charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.