Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2020, 02:06 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times

Advertisements

I will cast my lot with the multitudes. If they go, I go. I've had a good life.

I'm flying to Florida late tonight. Those red tide toxins and the pollen should aggravate any respiratory condition I might get.

I have at least a months worth of popcorn. Maybe more. 3 weeks worth of oatmeal and maybe 1 weeks of canned goods.

Old 02-28-2020, 02:14 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,418,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Trump should not be silencing the medical experts on this. What a terrible leader he is for this country.

He's self centered and deranged. He thinks his whole world rides on the economy and the stock market. Tells them to not do anything that would shake up the stock market. Has his cronies tell everyone lies on the virus to downplay it. This turns bad, he'll look for some one to blame. Its always about him and his image, at ANY cost.

Old 02-28-2020, 02:14 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
Trump is a poor leader. He waited so long to do anything. Several months into this before he even addressed the nation on it. He'd rather talk about crowd sizes and goofball stuff than what is really important. Or go off and play golf. After watching that disappointing press conference on coronavirus and him handing it all off to Pence... it is now apparent that watching any more from him is a waste of time. He did a very bad job of it.

Democrats were pushing for the emergency money for coronavirus since early Feb. They acted. Trump dragged his heels on the money till the end of the month. That is what we can expect from this administration.
This is amusing. Trump has been dealing with the issue for months. Since at least December.He should have been supported by the house and the Senate. what were they doing while trump was trying to deal with the pending concern?

Congress - a. Impeaching Trump. b. taking a vacation to rest form impeaching trump.

Senate - locked in chambers listening to impeachment proceedings that every single person involved knew would go nowhere.

Now that people have notice the concern, what is the house doing? - Searching for ways to blame the virus on Trump. b. Trying to set up an argument that if things go really badly, they can blame Trump. While I do not love Trump, I love hypocrisy less.

If there is a crises I wish we had a better leader to address it, but we have not really had a true leader for decades.

Not long ago (2001) when faced with a crises, this country was able to put aside our differences to deal with the crises before returning to our endless bickering. It seems those days are gone. I is not really a difference in issues or positions, it is a desperate and overwhelming need for adherents on one side or the other to feel that they have "won" and dealt a total and crushing defeat to the other side so they can ridicule, or even destroy them. The issues are irrelevant, it is just about being able to tell themselves "I won! I am the winner! Hooray!. It is a sickness prevalent throughout our society and one that I am not certain where it came from or how and if it can be cured. Lots of speculation about both, no real reasoned conclusions or determination. Although few people seem to doubt that our country is sick, we probably cannot even figure out what the cause or solution is, because any effort to do so would devolve into petty bickering with each side obsessing over winning rather than finding a solution.

This "crises" will probably fizzle, but if it doesn't I seriously doubt we will be able to confront it as a unified people as we have done in the past. It is sad. The strength has gone out of our nation.

Old 02-28-2020, 02:21 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
that's the most precious post...to fake news...of the day

got to give it to Business Insider....they know their audience

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
He's self centered and deranged. He thinks his whole world rides on the economy and the stock market. Tells them to not do anything that would shake up the stock market. Has his cronies tell everyone lies on the virus to downplay it. This turns bad, he'll look for some one to blame. Its always about him and his image, at ANY cost.

Old 02-28-2020, 02:25 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
I've had the opposite experience. I went grocery shopping this morning and yesterday morning and was struck by how few people were around.

Old 02-28-2020, 02:39 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Yes, it is quite absurd that so many Americans wish harm on other Americans, financially and otherwise. Sad times we are living in.

Old 02-28-2020, 02:42 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
This is a great example of how utterly paranoid the Trumpies are.

I could just as easily claim the republicans want millions (of Chinese) to die as a means to kill their economy and discourage us from trading with them.

See how easy that is to come up with a conspiracy theory?
That’s not a theory. It’s a fact.

Old 02-28-2020, 02:43 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
This is a great example of how utterly paranoid the Trumpies are.

I could just as easily claim the republicans want millions (of Chinese) to die as a means to kill their economy and discourage us from trading with them.

See how easy that is to come up with a conspiracy theory?
I have this weird mental image of a bunch of people in red hats forming a defensive circle around the President's ego, spears out ready to defend against nonexistent phantom threats.

Old 02-28-2020, 02:44 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
That’s not a theory. It’s a fact.
I'm glad you agree it's a fact that republicans want millions of Chinese to die because it will kill their economy and reduce globalisation.

Old 02-28-2020, 02:45 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,863,256 times
I don’t think the Democrats wish death on anyone.

I think they are just very happy about how this is damaging businesses and the financial markets because they feel these things make Trump look bad.

If this was something actually dangerous like Ebola or something, they would be in fear of their lives and TDS would be taking a backseat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies