Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2020, 09:39 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Why does everyone have to be so mean? Does it make you feel better about yourself to call people "low information"? Bully, much? You do understand that both sides of the aisle manipulate voters and both sides have voters that are able to be manipulated, right? Can it be that both sides have an agenda? Maybe you are being manipulated too by believing the hysteria. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. Those who demean others usually do so in order to boost their own confidence and to downplay their own insecurities and faults.
I think both sides have handled this very poorly.
We've done relatively little testing here compared to the rest of the world, yet that poster was crowing about how low our numbers are here. I'm sorry, but that is the very definition of a low-information voter. It doesn't get any plainer than that. The truth hurts.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:40 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You may want to get your information from a more reliable source.
A few days ago you said this:
Quote:
I see the media reporting factual data, not hyping the virus. It is what it is. How is that hyping?
So THEN the media was reporting unbiased truth, but NOW the media needs to be discarded?
Why? Didn't fit with your narrative?

Old 03-09-2020, 09:40 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
It's SHOULD be free
Free?

The question is whether the taxpayer pays or the person receiving the vaccine, either out of pocket or through insurance coverage.

Somebody has to pay.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:42 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
A few days ago you said this:

So THEN the media was reporting unbiased truth, but NOW the media needs to be discarded?
Why? Didn't fit with your narrative?
Oh absolutely not. I still believe what the media is saying. I should have clarified and said that I'm also looking at alternative sources and their prognosis is even worse than the MSM. But absolutely, the media needs to keep on keeping on with their accurate reporting.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
We've done relatively little testing here compared to the rest of the world, yet that poster was crowing about how low our numbers are here. I'm sorry, but that is the very definition of a low-information voter. It doesn't get any plainer than that. The truth hurts.
You invent your own information and then call those who use a different source, "low information".
Pretty funny.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Oh absolutely not. I still believe what the media is saying. I should have clarified and said that I'm also looking at alternative sources and their prognosis is even worse than the MSM. But absolutely, the media needs to keep on keeping on with their accurate reporting.
You keep talking about "an alternative source".
Is that the same as "an anonymous source"?

Old 03-09-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
You keep talking about "an alternative source".
Is that the same as "an anonymous source"?
No. It's Chris Martenson if you'd like to check him out. He has a lot of factual information. You can access him on You Tube.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:45 AM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
I think about the people of London cleaning up their neighborhoods and living without roofs during the Blitz like it's nothing and then compare that to this panic we are living with today when a couple of hundred people around the WORLD have died in a couple of months.

When did we become such panic babies? To be a human being is to live at risk. The minute you walk out your door you are at risk. Dying is part of your existence, it can happen any time. Why the panic? This is so stupid.
Shutting down cities and schools is not a panic its a sensible measure, you seem to think that following guidance from medical experts is some sort of overreaction. So what are we doing wrong.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:47 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
You invent your own information and then call those who use a different source, "low information".
Pretty funny.
Which information did I invent? Do you think the amount of testing done in the U.S. is in any way comparable to the amount of testing done in other places around the globe? If so, please show us those numbers.

Here's a hint for all you low-information people here. If we don't test, we don't get any numbers telling us how the virus is spreading. I know, I know, it's a statement every first grader would understand, but apparently it has to be explained to many people here.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Shutting down cities and schools is not a panic its a sensible measure, you seem to think that following guidance from medical experts is some sort of overreaction. So what are we doing wrong.
It's analogous to 9/11 when we halted air travel. We didn't know what we didn't know until we did. I don't understand why people are so averse to taking proactive precautions instead of reacting once the horse is out of the barn?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies