Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2020, 12:03 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Dr. Fauci forbidden to speak

What is Trump trying to hide?
He really does deserve to be a dictator in some third world ****hole somewhere

Old 02-29-2020, 12:03 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Democrats: We’re all gonna die! Thanks to Trump.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:05 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Whatever you need to do to rationalize the incompetence. I supposed there has been some practice with doing that.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:07 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Probably not as big of a lie as this:

Trump says coronavirus 'under control' in US, problem going to 'go away'

Old 02-29-2020, 12:09 AM

18,717 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The testing systems in China, South Korea, Japan and Italy are similarly flawed. People are tested and come back negative 3-4 times. A week or two passes. They get sick. They get tested. It's COVID-19. This disease is a serious pain in the butt. It starts up with an asymptomatic incubation period as long as three weeks. During that time with zero indication illness, the infected person is contagious and actively spreading the disease. The disease can survive on surfaces for 9 days and under good circumstances, up to 19 days. And like I said, tests for COVID-19 regularly fail in every country on earth. COVID-19 seems to be built to walk right through quarantines and spread in spite of every effort to stop it.

The stupid thing is anybody trying to make political hay out of this disease. At present, there are 2835 deaths that China is actually admitting to and the actual death toll is probably many times higher. South Korea, Iran and Italy all have racked up quite of few deaths. The United States has a grand total of zero corpses so far. I think we're doing pretty well for now. I also think that China owns the vast majority of the blame for not taking this seriously early on and prioritizing international public perception over the safety of their own citizens.

End of the day, some disease like this was going to happen eventually. Sure wasn't the end of the world in 1918 when it was the Spanish Flu. It won't be the end of the world now. Remember that after the Spanish Flu killed between 40 and 100 million people worldwide, the United States saw unprecedented economic growth and prosperity. Pandemics happen and lots of people die. Humanity takes it, picks itself up, dusts itself off and continues on doing our thing.
Links/references?

Or did you make all this up?

Old 02-29-2020, 12:13 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
A virus is going to do what it does best, and do it quite effortlessly. And that’s infect. Having thousands of pandemic experts around the world isn’t going to stop it. Obviously.

Everyone needs to chill out. We will survive it. America has the best in the medical field.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:20 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Whatever you need to do to rationalize the incompetence. I supposed there has been some practice with doing that.
In fairness, if Hillary Clinton had won, we know perfectly well what we'd be seeing: A bunch of Republicans playing armchair quarterback, telling the whole world as loudly as possible all the ways she's "screwing this up", etc.

How much of Trump's "incompetence" is just partisan bias? How much of Obama's "incompetence" was also partisan bias? Probably about 95% in both cases. I think that whether it's a Democrat or Republican in the White House, the US government would respond to COVID-19 in almost exactly the same way. And the opposition will whine and whinge and scream and shout about how, "They're doing it all wrong! Anyone who dies is all their fault!! Murderer!!!" If we reversed roles, the same thing happens. I really hate seeing people more or less rooting for a pandemic because it "exposes" their political rivals as evil or bad or incompetent or stupid, etc.

China, Italy, South Korea and Iran. Those are the nations that completely blew it when trying to contain this disease thus far. The United States hasn't joined that company. Not yet. I don't know if COVID-19 can be stopped, but so far no Americans have died. The United States has a damn good system for responding to diseases and it makes no difference which party is in charge. Wanting to stop a pandemic is one of those things that Democrats and Republicans are in 100% agreement on.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Links/references?

Wow, I thought anyone who knew or was following COVID-19 already knew all of this. I'll get you some sources in the morning, but you can just Google it if you're seeing something you don't believe.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Links/references?

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roaring_Twenties
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

Search for incubation period or whatever else you're just sure I'm inventing out of thin air by making use of the CONTROL-F search function on your computer and also actually searching for articles on COVID-19. Here's a few for starters:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus_disease_2019
https://www.livescience.com/how-long...-surfaces.html
https://www.pharmaceutical-technolog...eriod-27-days/

Old 02-29-2020, 12:41 AM

3,826 posts, read 1,780,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Dr. Fauci forbidden to speak

What is Trump trying to hide?
We cannot trust Trump on this. Dr. Fauci is well respected and actually being quite calm about the coronavirus, no fear mongering, just reporting information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies