Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2020, 06:38 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
O.K., my response could have been a little better, but basically what I gathered from what was said in that video is that: You only get this if you have been out of country.
No, The guy said that the hospital sent him home after learning he has not been to China, so the hospital sent him home without giving him a test.

Old 03-11-2020, 06:39 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Lets remember the video that lord is trying to explain:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor
18 seconds into the video:

"The Coronavirus is the common cold" - Rush Limbaugh (ON VIDEO).

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/202...sot-ip-vpx.cnn

Ken

I want to know, in the video above, what else rush stated. I don't want lord to go find something on rush's website that may or may not agree with what he is trying to say.

lord provided the video above, I want to know exactly what rush said in this extremely biased video cut, lord provided....nothing more nothing less....anything else just means that lord or anyone that supports lord is just selling something their ass cannot handle.

Old 03-11-2020, 06:40 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
A very large company that I am close to has halted all business travel and all internal meetings regardless of size! This is getting real folks!
The company my wife works for halted all business travel, has set up protocols for anyone that may be infected to be tested have paid time off for quarantine without dipping into regular sick leave, and if someone is suspected of being infected they will have their badge frozen so that they can not enter the campus until cleared by a doctor.

This is an international company.

Old 03-11-2020, 06:40 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
But he had not been out of the country and has CV. Having traveled to China is one of the things that MAY allow you to get a test, but not always. Having direct contact with someone that is confirmed to have it, MAY allow you to be tested, but not always.

We are seriously lacking on testing.
Bring a member of Congress works, I hear. There are 255 tests available in my state according to the state health dept. One of them might have been wasted on the likes of Paul Gosar.

Old 03-11-2020, 06:41 PM

43,091 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If a president is ineffective during a national crisis, he/she should be removed. Anyone can golf but if a president cannot lead effectively during a crisis, we don't need that president at all.
It's a global crisis and every country's leaders are doing what they can, as best as they can with the resources they have on hand.

But way too many people are treating this as "just like the flu" and doing little to nothing about being a responsible citizen and avoiding crowds and staying home as much as possible.

We're not going to contain it as long as this is happening:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...die-i-n1154326
If coronavirus gets really dangerous, "I might as well be somewhere having fun," one California college student said.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mill...flights-2020-3
Travelers worldwide are cancelling trips over coronavirus fears — but millennials are snapping up cheap flights despite the risks, and it says a lot about who they are as a generation

Old 03-11-2020, 06:41 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,472 times
This trump address could be historic. His time to shine.

Old 03-11-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
But he had not been out of the country and has CV. Having traveled to China is one of the things that MAY allow you to get a test, but not always. Having direct contact with someone that is confirmed to have it, MAY allow you to be tested, but not always.

We are seriously lacking on testing.
The guy said he sang in his church choir, his wife is a flight attendant, and his son is in the law enforcement.
The wife hasn't been tested yet!

Wow, never thought some hospital can be this bad. Gonna have to check the date, and see when this patient has been admitted to the hospital. Date is important here because situation should be improving this coming week.

Old 03-11-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
The company my wife works for halted all business travel, has set up protocols for anyone that may be infected to be tested have paid time off for quarantine without dipping into regular sick leave, and if someone is suspected of being infected they will have their badge frozen so that they can not enter the campus until cleared by a doctor.

This is an international company.
That is great.

Old 03-11-2020, 06:48 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Lets remember the video that lord is trying to explain:

I want to know, in the video above, what else rush stated. I don't want lord to go find something on rush's website that may or may not agree with what he is trying to say.

lord provided the video above, I want to know exactly what rush said in this extremely biased video cut, lord provided....nothing more nothing less....anything else just means that lord or anyone that supports lord is just selling something their ass cannot handle.
If you want to know what ELSE Rush said, go ahead and find it. Nothing stopping you. Go for it.
I proved my point. Rush said the coronavirus is the common cold, he ADMITS he said it. and he explained the context.

Ken

Old 03-11-2020, 06:49 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
endless? is that so?

then you should easily be able provide 5 or more quotes about ‘diseased’ immigrants.

please proceed.
I had my say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies