Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2021, 10:09 AM

8,380 posts, read 4,538,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
What is an anti Vax person ? If you refuse 1 vaccine in life you are an anti vaxxer?

It's just gaslighting. Not even good gaslighting. Group the victim with undesirables and watch him scramble to your side and start believing what the club believes. As long as he is no longer part of the uneducated and <gasp> low payed peons. In that respect it has a touch of cultism too.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:10 AM

23,164 posts, read 26,118,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
They know to what extent a zip code is vaccinated.

You gave them that info when you got a shot.
And your income and education level?
That would still require a program to put it altogether.
Even in my former very small rural area, the zip code covers over 6000 people.........all levels.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:10 AM

4,295 posts, read 2,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well that doesn't seem to be the case in other countries.
I guess the US must be special. So special that the CDC is not releasing any data on those hospitalized.
They just keep telling us the people that die are unvaccinated.
Exactly. Show us the numbers - not case numbers - clearly, it is the unjabbed that will appear in high numbers since the unjabbed aren't required to be tested.

I can't speak for all places, but my employer requires testing twice weekly now for the unjabbed, none for the jabbed.

I want to see ICU numbers (in urban areas, not a hospital with 3 ICU beds that is now "full to capacity").

Old 07-31-2021, 10:13 AM

8,380 posts, read 4,538,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
If we were all vaccinated before the emergence of the significant mutations, we'd be much closer to done with the Pandemic. Of course that couldn't happen for many reasons. A large but not the only reason being vaccine refusal.

That's ignoring the fact that the vaccinated get infected and create mutations. Follow the science.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
I figured he must be in peer review before publishing his paper on the scientifically observed prevalence of immunity, and just failed to keep confidentiality before publishing. It’s an interesting case where what would normally be the factor (vaccination) in an experimental study is actually part of an observational study.

I can’t think of any other reason he’d say something so blithely, he certainly would never say it without actually having evidence, right? Surely he wouldn’t lie to support his personal political biases, right?
An unlimited # of so called scientific papers are published without peer review.

Covid does not discriminate by political ideology.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:19 AM

18,794 posts, read 8,420,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Fauci has become quite the celebrity and he likes it that way. You can see how he reacts when anyone disagrees with him. I'm waiting for the inevitable celeb "do you know who I am?!?!?". Oh wait, he basically said that already with his "if you attack me you attack science" statement. Sheesh, get over yourself.
Fauci has been the most well known internationally celebrated medical researcher and leader since the early '80's. He has been at the side with significant medical roles with every US President starting with Reagan.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:19 AM

30,030 posts, read 11,623,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
No it wasn’t. Numbers don’t lie.

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditio...ion-rates.html

Do you not get that 60% of Americans are white? So of course close to 60% of vaccinated would also be white?

Old 07-31-2021, 10:20 AM

42,661 posts, read 17,872,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
That's ignoring the fact that the vaccinated get infected and create mutations. Follow the science.
The CDC hasn't accepted it yet. And until they do and tell the public no one will believe.
It seems not many here read foreign news to see what is happening in other countries.

Our MSM isn't doing it and if that is all people read then they don't know either.

UK has a booster (3rd shot)
Israel has a booster (3rd shot)
Other countries are considering it.
FYI...the US just ordered 200 million more Pfizer doses...booster ?

And WHO is getting upset. They say the "rich countries" need to stop the third shot and give all their vaccines to the poor nations. So does that mean WHO dropped the ball with these poor nations because they are supposed to have the money (that all countries give them) to buy vaccines for these poor countries ?

Old 07-31-2021, 10:22 AM

3,499 posts, read 1,727,348 times
Dr. Topol From Scripps Research:

GARCIA-NAVARRO: Fascinating. I'm curious how many people it is believed in the U.S. could be in this other category of asymptomatic people with lingering effects.

TOPOL: Right. So this is important because we know that there's 25 or so million infections that are confirmed, but the people who've had these PCR tests are largely people with symptoms. So if you even take the one-third of those and you get to, you know, 8 or 9 million - but we also know from the CDC and all the other estimates that at least 80 to 90 million people have actually had COVID. And that takes into account this group of people without any symptoms. So it's a very large fraction. I mean, we're talking about perhaps 10 million Americans who haven't had symptoms, who have COVID. And some of them will experience later these symptoms that could be indexed to a COVID infection.

GARCIA-NAVARRO: And do you think there needs to be planning when it comes to these long-term impacts? - because it is capricious in how it affects people, some severely with months of recovery, some barely or not at all. But having a lot of potentially ill people could have wide-ranging effects.

TOPOL: That's right. I mean, when you - even if you think it's, you know, 1% or half of percent, because the denominator of people is so massive, this could have a substantial impact in terms of the toll of heart, lung and possibly other organs. I mean, we learned from the very large - the largest study of long COVID was from China, recently published. And 13% had kidney damage eight or nine months later. So these effects that are not discernible to the people who have infections, necessarily, can be there for a long duration.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above NPR report explains my point better regarding milder cases of the vaccinated coming down with covid and the serious medical consequences down the road.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:23 AM

18,794 posts, read 8,420,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well that doesn't seem to be the case in other countries.
I guess the US must be special. So special that the CDC is not releasing any data on those hospitalized.
They just keep telling us the people that die are unvaccinated.
In my county, one of the most conservative Trump strongholds, and one of the lowest vaccination rates, 2 of 678 Covid 19 deaths so far in the vaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.