Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2021, 08:13 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,884,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Sorry, they are just going to have to make N95 masks with pretty colors and pictures if they expect people to wear them. After all, how it looks is what is important, right?
The KN95s do just fine, Former FDA chief Scott Gottlieb confirmed as much on CNBC last week. There are different shapes and colors for those.

Old 08-04-2021, 08:28 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,729,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I have interesting story for you. My mom came into contact with her sister-in-law last month. They ran into each other outside and talked for about 10 minutes- both were wearing masks and were in close contact. A few days later, her sister-in-law found out she tested positive for Coronavirus, but she was asymptomatic. My mom freaked out and immediately ran out to get tested and she tested negative. Had my mom not worn a mask, I really wonder if she would've caught Covid.
Most people just don't get it. Think of all the families who actually lived with people who had covid and the rest of the family didn't get it. I spent hours face to face with my physical therapist the day before she got symptoms and I never got it. Might be the mask or she might just be one who doesn't get it.

Old 08-04-2021, 08:33 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,729,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
To all of you anti-mask, anti-lockdown, anti-vaccine folks out there - what would you think about new building codes that mandate much higher ventilation rates? That's the only thing left that can be done after you refuse all other sensible measures. Would you argue that this, too, infringes on your ”rights” ?
I would say no because of the expense and one more burden on businesses.

Old 08-04-2021, 08:56 AM

3,494 posts, read 1,409,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Most people just don't get it. Think of all the families who actually lived with people who had covid and the rest of the family didn't get it. I spent hours face to face with my physical therapist the day before she got symptoms and I never got it. Might be the mask or she might just be one who doesn't get it.
Yeah, my friend's co-worker's wife got it and also his son. And since the guy lives with his wife and son, he's really exposed, but he never caught it. He even got tested to see if maybe he was asymptomatic and his test came out negative. He even went for antibody testing and found nothing. Go figure!

Old 08-04-2021, 09:10 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
At this point they should leave everything as is. If the unvaccinated get sick and die, then so be it. If the vaccinated get sick and die, then so be it. This has to run it's course otherwise we'll never get back to any sense of normalcy. People will have to die. It's an unfortunate situation but it is what it is.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:14 AM

3,494 posts, read 1,409,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
At this point they should leave everything as is. If the unvaccinated get sick and die, then so be it. If the vaccinated get sick and die, then so be it. This has to run it's course otherwise we'll never get back to any sense of normalcy. People will have to die. It's an unfortunate situation but it is what it is.
I really wonder how the Spanish Flu ended in two years, especially without a vaccine. If we can end this Covid-19 pandemic by March 2022, that would be great but I don't forsee that happening the way things are going. There must be something people did right back then that we're doing wrong now.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:55 AM

43,085 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Priceless.....

AOC and a group of people. Someone taking a video of the group...no masks and sitting close together.
As the news group approaches for a photo op, AOC tells the crowd to put their masks on for the camera.

More and more people are not believing the government. And this is why.

https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/st...54744968302595

Old 08-04-2021, 10:46 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Multiple new variants:

Quote:
The spread of COVID-19 variants is prompting deep concerns as efforts to contain the virus continue.

In addition to the delta variant – believed to be responsible for as much as 80% of the new cases in the U.S. – officials are also watching delta plus and lambda variants.
https://www.al.com/news/2021/08/delt...t-to-know.html

Live your life with freedom and remain in tip top shape, because vaccines are no substitute to a healthy body, especially with new variants.

Old 08-04-2021, 10:49 AM

43,085 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Multiple new variants:

Live your life with freedom and remain in tip top shape, because vaccines are no substitute to a healthy body, especially with new variants.
One of the bad ones is in central/South America and has now been found in Houston.

Don't tell me the illegals aren't bringing covid with them.

Old 08-04-2021, 10:56 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Multiple new variants:

So true. We can’t vaccinate covid away. People need to take their health seriously. Injecting yourself with pharmaceutical product isn’t the path to good health. Exercise, a healthy diet, trying to maintain a healthy weight, ensuring adequate vitamin d etc is important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies