Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2021, 01:24 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,782,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Wow, almost like the .000001% of those globally who have died from covid.
Check your math
0.000001% of 7.8 billion is 7800

Old 08-05-2021, 02:44 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,543,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Anti-mask anti-vax Texas politician dies of covid, leaves behind wife and infant son-

https://www.thedailybeast.com/h-scot...-died-of-virus
Life comes at you fast

Old 08-05-2021, 05:38 AM

12,030 posts, read 6,560,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Lol. I guess things are quite different in the alternative universe.Now, in THIS universe, vaccines have been highly protective against hospitalizations and deaths with all variants so far.
I had to go to the ER yesterday for a snake bite. It’s a midsize hospital and they were crammed with new Covid patients. The ER doc and nurse told me it’s been gaining all week and they were ALL unvaccinated patients. . Not one Covid patient had been admitted there that had been vaccinated..

Old 08-05-2021, 07:28 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,080,998 times
I found this to be pretty funny.

One of the latest fake news/false information narratives being pushed by both republicans in Congress and far-right conservatives here on city-data is that "Biden is letting immigrants cross the border and they're bringing covid.".

So this guy made a map of where the US-Mexico border is and where the largest covid outbreaks in the country are.

Hilarious, definitely worth the click

https://twitter.com/WarOnDumb/status...47369415495685

Old 08-05-2021, 07:37 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times
Has the covid virus ever been isolated?
https://www.bitchute.com/video/euMT6jUwXhym/

Old 08-05-2021, 07:38 AM

5,065 posts, read 2,273,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I bought N95s all last year through CovCare. They are really cheap now $1.25-150 each with a discount code to use for 15% more off and they come in about two days.
https://cov.care/
As has been brought up before, you really should be changing masks if you're wearing them all day. How many people out there who have to work 8-hour shifts will have a hard time affording the N95's? It's suggested masks be changed every two hours. That would be $5 a day on the low end. Twenty-two days a month. $110 per month.

So of course the low-wage workers out there will either wear the same flimsy surgical masks or cloth masks, and if Delta (and now Lambda) are really that much more infectious, I don't know that general mask use will do much good. Estimates were that the masks most people were wearing were only 30% effective.

Old 08-05-2021, 07:39 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,199,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Stage 4 colon cancer. Just had my liver resectioned last month, and will meet with my oncologist Friday to find out when my chemotherapy is starting. Most likely not surviving this, although I have a chance.
OMG greywar - I wish you the best in this fight!!

I disagree with you on many topics - but in the real world disagreements don't make mortal enemies.

Sincerely - fight well!!

Old 08-05-2021, 07:47 AM

5,065 posts, read 2,273,592 times
Okay, okay, I know the source isn't great, but the story is true. I'm just going to quote the relevant part and can we please focus on the content instead of the website? (my bold)

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/d...9-23a0784351df

Quote:
Pete Parada, drummer for the Californian rock band Offspring, said he was ousted from the band because he refused to get a COVID vaccine, despite having already had COVID and acquiring natural immunity.

In an Instagram post, Parada said:

“Since I am unable to comply with what is increasingly becoming an industry mandate, it has recently been decided that I am unsafe to be around, in the studio and on tour. I mention this because you won’t be seeing me at these upcoming shows. I also want to share my story so that anyone else experiencing the agony and isolation of getting left behind right now knows they’re not entirely alone.”

Parada, who had COVID more than a year ago, said he was medically advised not to take the vaccine due to his “personal medical history and the side-effect profile” of COVID vaccines.

Parada has a history of Guillain–Barré syndrome (GBS), a serious but rare autoimmune disorder linked to multiple vaccines, including COVID vaccines.

Parada said he was confident he could handle the virus again, but could not handle another round of post-vaccination GBS, which dates back to his childhood and has become progressively worse over his lifetime.

“The risks far outweigh the benefits,” he said.

Parada said he has no negative feelings towards the band. “They’re doing what they believe is best for them,” he said, “while I am doing the same.”

Parada explained:

“There are countless folks (like me) for whom these shots carry a greater risk than the virus. Most of us don’t publicly share a private medical decision we made with careful consideration with our doctor. We know it’s not an easy conversation to unfold.

“If it looks like half the population is having a shockingly different reaction to these jabs than what was expected –– it’s probably because their life experiences have have actually been shockingly different, and their reasons range from a conscientious risk/benefit analysis, to the financial inability to take time off work/lack of healthcare in the event of potential side effects to an understandable distrust in the system that has never prioritized the health and well-being of their communities.”

In a series of tweets, Parada said he unequivocally supports informed consent — “which necessitates choice unburdened by coercion” –– and does not find it “ethical or wise” to allow those with the most power, including government, corporations, organizations or employers to “dictate medical procedures to those with the least power.

Old 08-05-2021, 07:54 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I had to go to the ER yesterday for a snake bite. It’s a midsize hospital and they were crammed with new Covid patients. The ER doc and nurse told me it’s been gaining all week and they were ALL unvaccinated patients. . Not one Covid patient had been admitted there that had been vaccinated..
THIS is the point many of us are trying to make when people say the mortality rate of COVID doesn't merit the alarm. People can't get medical services because they are all being sucked up by un-vaxxinated anti-vaxxers. The un-vaxxed should be at the back of the line for hospital admissions because they made the choice to put themselves at risk. Instead, people like you get no care because selfish stupid people are overwhelming the system.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:01 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,177,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
As has been brought up before, you really should be changing masks if you're wearing them all day. How many people out there who have to work 8-hour shifts will have a hard time affording the N95's? It's suggested masks be changed every two hours. That would be $5 a day on the low end. Twenty-two days a month. $110 per month.

So of course the low-wage workers out there will either wear the same flimsy surgical masks or cloth masks, and if Delta (and now Lambda) are really that much more infectious, I don't know that general mask use will do much good. Estimates were that the masks most people were wearing were only 30% effective.
That is so NOT so. Do a search, pick a source you consider reliable and you'll not find anything close to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.