Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 11:25 AM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times

Advertisements

The year is 2030…

New Zealand is on the verge of eradicating the coronavirus after it's 92nd national lockdown.

But a single case breaks through.

The Prime Minister declares “There is no other way, take your booster shots, put on your masks, and lock it down!"

Old 08-20-2021, 11:32 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,513,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
There is some evidence pointing to certain types of mouthwashes being effective tools in lowering viral loads. The research is not conclusive but it’s sort of a “why not?” measure people can take.
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...onditions.aspx
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41432-021-0172-4
https://www.healthline.com/health/in...ash-kill-covid

Same goes for nasal sprays.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7645297/
https://www.biospace.com/article/mor...ovid-19-virus/
Good links!

Old 08-20-2021, 12:10 PM

8,120 posts, read 3,663,787 times
Quote:
Hopefully anti coagulants are are standard part of a covid treatment protocol and also with a vaccine since they can also cause blood clots.
I hope you are not proposing all vaccinated people are put on anticoagulants, lol.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:23 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,783,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Yes, my first daughter died from the Dtap. My son developed encephalopathy from the Dtap/MMR/HepB combo at age 2. My 25 yo daughter went into shock four days after her 2nd covid vaccine & was taken unresponsive, in an ambulance to the ER.

People keep saying "boosters" like it's no big deal to get vaccine after vaccine after vaccine; not realizing that every time you get vaccinated, you increase your odds of having a serious adverse event.

Anybody who lies sedated in an ICU bed for any reason can develop blood clots though. I don't think they have done an adequate job determining hospitalized covid related blood clots, from general hospitalized blood clot incidence. I think that if the data was properly analyzed, the risk from blood clots in vaccinated unhospitalized patients would look a whole lot more alarming than it does now.

Blood clot incidence in the bedridden will ALWAYS be higher than in the mobile, covid or not.
Sorry for your loss but I don’t believe the death certificate respectively list DTAP, and DTAP\MMT/hepB vac as cause of death

I’ve gotten a flu shot every year for 20 years. It’s no big deal.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:31 PM

1,969 posts, read 675,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Sorry for your loss but I don’t believe the death certificate respectively list DTAP, and DTAP\MMT/hepB vac as cause of death

I’ve gotten a flu shot every year for 20 years. It’s no big deal.
The callousness of this response is just astounding. If you don't believe it, why not keep it to yourself?
On the chance that this person is telling the truth, you're willing to cause some amount of anguish just to score a point on flu shots?

Not to mention your non-sequitur jumping from DTAP to the flu vaccine makes your point non-applicable. One vaccine is great so the all are?

Old 08-20-2021, 03:44 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,783,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
The callousness of this response is just astounding. If you don't believe it, why not keep it to yourself?
On the chance that this person is telling the truth, you're willing to cause some amount of anguish just to score a point on flu shots?

Not to mention your non-sequitur jumping from DTAP to the flu vaccine makes your point non-applicable. One vaccine is great so the all are?
This is about COVID-19 which is a life threatening illness. 620,000 people have died we can’t worry about being polite when there has been so much loss of life and more lives are at stake.

Explain what is it about the human immune response to DTAP,MMR and HEPB that would make these vaccines more dangerous and harmful than the flu vaccine?

Old 08-20-2021, 04:24 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,572,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
I hope you are not proposing all vaccinated people are put on anticoagulants, lol.
I think with the J&J they do ask if you have a history of clotting issues. I suppose a doctor could prescribe something in those circumstances.

Old 08-20-2021, 04:51 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Vaccinated people are still much less likely to catch Covid than someone that is non-vaccinated. Less chance of a Covid related blood clot if less chance of getting Covid.
The probability that unvaccinated are more likely to become ill is widening for Delta even taking into consideration data on vaccine breakthroughs. For example, data on Oregon:

—Breakthrough vaxxed cases went up 7-fold from a low baseline
—Unvaccinated cases went up >8-fold
—The absolute relative benefit of vaccination markedly increased
https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status...29840680931329

In other words, the unvaccinated are worse off statistically than before Delta. The increase is not linear but exponential resulting in a much steeper slope in the rise of unvaccinated infection.

THEN AFTER THAT: add the benefits of being vaxxed, post-infection ... and no wonder the hospitals are getting busy.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:36 PM

13,418 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
There is some evidence pointing to certain types of mouthwashes being effective tools in lowering viral loads. The research is not conclusive but it’s sort of a “why not?” measure people can take.
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...onditions.aspx
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41432-021-0172-4
https://www.healthline.com/health/in...ash-kill-covid

Same goes for nasal sprays.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7645297/
https://www.biospace.com/article/mor...ovid-19-virus/
Interesting, that would be fantastic if proven effective.

Thanks for posting, and I’m off to buy stocks in Listerine.

Old 08-20-2021, 05:37 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammythebull View Post
Thank you, EveryLady for your informative and coherent posts
Thank you. I'm very interested in this (obviously !!!) and find typing out thoughts helps put the picture together for myself. At which point, why not "share," although no doubt to many its oversharing. . One drawback is study results of varying quality pour in each day, with new learnings or at least more explanations shared by scientists. Once having said anything, I then feel compelled to update (if its recent). For example, I learned something new today.

YESTERDAY (me): The remainder of the virus also mutates, but that doesn't appear to be as well studied. ... Presumably a covid infection results in antibodies to the entire virus allowing for broader "natural" immunities.

TODAY: Per Gottlieb to a question on CNBC. What happens within the non-spike portions of the virus? It turns out that the spike is the most immunogenic portion of the entire virus, to which antibodies are then created. Viruses mutate in response to antibodies. Already there is the study that shows the antibodies to the spike created by vaccination + natural infection largely overlap. With apparently what happens in the remainder of the virus of lesser importance?

If so, I think what this may mean is there really might not be a heck of a lot of difference between vaccination and natural infection. Some, of course. More nAbs from vaccination; slightly broader antibodies from natural infection. What I'm saying is that we really are in this TOGETHER.

With perhaps comparable mutational pressure on the virus from vaccination + natural infection due to similar resulting antibodies? In theory that was always the case. But like I said apparently the specific ABS for the two are matching up surprisingly closely in studies for this disease. Caveat: the unvaxxed are sicker longer than the vaccinated increasing the window for mutation?

More, I think this seeming battle of the vaccination vs natural infection somewhat INSANE. People should make the choice that is best for themselves. Where to obtain immunities, for eventually most will get them one way or another - probably from various combinations of exposures.

Of course, new learnings could come tomorrow but the window of the unknown is narrowing, if only gradually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammythebull View Post
Question: When looking at these data, when the conclusion is drawn about the two biggies - hospitalization and death, do the studies collect other data? I'm thinking it would be important to know, out of those reported, how many were vaccinated but confirmed to have COVID before (either Alpha or Delta), how many are obese or have underlying health conditions (and if so, what), age, early intervention/treatment, etc.. And the same for the control group, if there is a control group. It seems that the data could easily be skewed by selecting a sample (for example) that includes persons >50 yrs old, with no underlying health conditions, and some who may have had COVID. Which obviously would show a greater effective % of hospitalization avoidance, but not necessarily due solely because of the vaccine.
There are massive amounts of data. A problem is the data are calculated from snapshots of different populations - that vaccinated using different dosing schedules, using different vaccines, rolled out at different times. With then an enormous number of variables that can confound results, some of which you mention.

There's this interesting discussion right now on Twitter between numerous researchers inside and outside Israel on how to untangle some of its statistics. Population stats can, of course, be supplemented by studies designed around confounding variables and laboratory measurements.

Last edited by EveryLady; 08-20-2021 at 05:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies