Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2021, 11:24 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Do you trust what your government tells you ?
Do you trust that the vaccine will prevent you from hospitalization and death ?

If so then get vaccinated and live your life and stop worrying about everyone else.

Just seems many people "say" they believe the government about the vaccines and then act as if they don't trust that the vaccine will keep them from dying.

I've done my research into demographics of hospitalized/dead from covid and am happy with my decision.
I have no intention of trying to convince anyone to vaccinate or not. That choice is theirs to make, not mine to force.
Well, the problem with that attitude is that the consequences of not getting vaccinated may affect all of society, not just that person. So, it is not up to the individual alone. That's why Italy and other countries are starting to make vaccination mandatory. As long as 30 or 40% of people are not vaccinated, the virus will keep spreading and mutating and we will never get rid of it.

No, I don't trust my government, but it is not only my government. There are various governments as well as independent doctors, virologists, etc. saying the same thing. So, who am I to pretend like I know it better?

Old 09-19-2021, 11:34 AM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, the problem with that attitude is that the consequences of not getting vaccinated may affect all of society, not just that person. So, it is not up to the individual alone. That's why Italy and other countries are starting to make vaccination mandatory. As long as 30 or 40% of people are not vaccinated, the virus will keep spreading and mutating and we will never get rid of it.

No, I don't trust my government, but it is not only my government. There are various governments as well as independent doctors, virologists, etc. saying the same thing. So, who am I to pretend like I know it better?
How so ?

Have we cured or eliminated the common cold ?
Have we cured or eliminated the flu ? If anything the flu has mutated much more over the years and for the last several years the experts have picked the wrong combinations.

covid seems to be mutating more like the common cold and flu.
If it were static like chicken pox then yes, you could eliminate it via vaccine.

Covid may never go away and that is a possibility that must be faced as well.

Old 09-19-2021, 11:46 AM

How so? Well, people not vaccinated tend to get much more ill once they do get the virus.
Here in Portugal 14 out of 15 people that end up in ICU's these days are not vaccinated, and the 15th is either old or has other medical problems.
All that healthcare is not free, no society can afford that in the long run.
Not to mention that people that are ill are missing from their jobs.
Then there is the long Covid problem.

I am not so sure about mutations. Since that pandemic started we have already seen a few nasty mutations. The Delta variant is much more contagious than the supposedly first virus from China. The British variant somewhere in between. The Brazilian variant is also nasty.

I suppose if (in an experiment) we set both viruses (flu and Covid) free in a population of a million non-vaccinated people, many more people will die from Covid than from the flu.

Old 09-19-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
How so? Well, people not vaccinated tend to get much more ill once they do get the virus.
Here in Portugal 14 out of 15 people that end up in ICU's these days are not vaccinated, and the 15th is either old or has other medical problems.
All that healthcare is not free, no society can afford that in the long run.
Not to mention that people that are ill are missing from their jobs.
Then there is the long Covid problem.

I am not so sure about mutations. Since that pandemic started we have already seen a few nasty mutations. The Delta variant is much more contagious than the supposedly first virus from China. The British variant somewhere in between. The Brazilian variant is also nasty.

I suppose if (in an experiment) we set both viruses (flu and Covid) free in a population of a million non-vaccinated people, many more people will die from Covid than from the flu.
How can you say that (what I bolded) when you don't know the total number of people that caught covid ?
How many unvaccinated caught covid and recovered just fine ?

That's how you come up with percentages.

#unvaccinated in hospital with covid/#total number of unvaccinated that caught covid

The MSM and government harp on that numerator but where is the data for the denominator ?

It could be 1/10 end up in the hospital or 1/10000 that end up in the hospital.
Until we are given all the data...which we aren't we do not know the true story.

Old 09-19-2021, 12:05 PM

The data is probably the registered new infections that get published every day.
The dark figures are not really much higher than that. They know from representative random tests.
An exception are developing countries such as India, where the official numbers do not represent the real infection rate. I think I read some time ago that the majority of Indians already had the virus. But being a country full of children and young people most infections go unnoticed.

Old 09-19-2021, 12:11 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,184 times
Quote:

This is where I check out of this discussion. People who believe this falsehood cannot be talked to until they understand it's not true.

Old 09-19-2021, 12:17 PM

Quote:
The data is probably the registered new infections that get published every day.
The dark figures are not really much higher than that. They know from representative random tests.
An exception are developing countries such as India, where the official numbers do not represent the real infection rate. I think I read some time ago that the majority of Indians already had the virus. But being a country full of children and young people most infections go unnoticed.
So you don't really know do you ? Are you just taking the MSM headlines as facts ?

Old 09-19-2021, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
This is where I check out of this discussion. People who believe this falsehood cannot be talked to until they understand it's not true.
I believe it because it makes sense.
Infection requires a certain virus load. People who don't develop any or only mild symptoms usually don't spread the virus much as they don't cough, sneeze etc. So even if you talk to an infected, yet vaccinated person, you are much less likely to get the virus yourself.

Old 09-19-2021, 12:22 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
I have been doing my own research and found that Ivermectin is fully capable of eradicating the disease and it is a cheaper solution and far more effective than the drugs being touted by The FDA, who have been bad mouthing Ivermectin from the beginning but the whole rest of the world is discovering the difference. There are hearings being pressed right now.
One of the other chief complaints of the medical community is the WHO protocol that requires physicians to hold off any treatments till the disease has had full effect, but most of these doctors know it is best to deal with the disease on the onset, not down the line.
By the way I use Ivermectin my self and I have friends that use it as well, all with positive results.

Old 09-19-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I have been doing my own research and found that Ivermectin is fully capable of eradicating the disease and it is a cheaper solution and far more effective than the drugs being touted by The FDA, who have been bad mouthing Ivermectin from the beginning but the whole rest of the world is discovering the difference. There are hearings being pressed right now.
One of the other chief complaints of the medical community is the WHO protocol that requires physicians to hold off any treatments till the disease has had full effect, but most of these doctors know it is best to deal with the disease on the onset, not down the line.
By the way I use Ivermectin my self and I have friends that use it as well, all with positive results.
How do you know that stuff (which is intended for fighting worms) brought about positive results, and not the luck of not having met an infected person?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies