Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2020, 07:11 AM

698 posts, read 234,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
It’s not about guns it’s about control. The left looks with admiration to the situations in Venezuela and Hong Kong where the populace is helpless against the local brown shirts, who *are* armed. Bottom line, we’re not putting up with that shyt here. Look at Richmond, where I, with 30,000 like minded friends gathered to send a message.

And I’ll ask some of the libs in this thread, what are you going to do about the 450M+ arms currently in circulation? Even where registration is mandated, only about 5% at best complied. People know registration only serves two purposes - taxation and to ease confiscation. I’ve 9 AR style rifles in various calibers and configurations, a few built from 80% lowers, none of which will ever be registered for any reason, and will pass directly to my child with no paperwork involved. Add to that hundreds of standard capacity mags and about 80K rounds currently. I have friends and acquaintances who have much more.

When my home was being broken into, I was quite prepared. The responding officers, when they finally did arrive, admitted it appeared that I was as well equipped as they were to handle things.

The genie is out of the bottle and isn’t going back in.

Oh, and my 12 y.o. has two rifles and one handgun of her own.
Just wondering, what message was it you and 30k friends were sending?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2020, 11:45 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
Just wondering, what message was it you and 30k friends were sending?
A politician's primary job is not to represent the best interests of the voters, but to get reelected. Enough of them saw clearly that between the gathering and the overwhelming move by local governments in the state to declare themselves 2nd A sanctuaries, a vote for their reelection and hold on power wasn't in the cards. The keystone of Gov Coonface's power play was the AWB ban, which failed to pass. Message sent and message received. One battle won but not yet the war.

Old 02-29-2020, 11:55 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"You do not want to form bad habits with toy guns"

Then teach them GOOD habits, just as you do with most things you teach them.
Yep, this precisely why Ive taught my kids from a young age, that guns are to protect themselves and their rights under the Constitution! Should anyone ever try to infringe on those rights...its then appropriate to use the weapon for defense.

Old 02-29-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yep, this precisely why Ive taught my kids from a young age, that guns are to protect themselves and their rights under the Constitution! Should anyone ever try to infringe on those rights...its then appropriate to use the weapon for defense.
Did you spend a lot of time with your kids teaching them about the appropriate use of deadly force?

Old 02-29-2020, 12:02 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Did you spend a lot of time with your kids teaching them about the appropriate use of deadly force?
Absolutely! Ive taught them that threats to their constitutional rights can come in many different forms.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:42 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
My kids from day one knew what a firearm was. They learned to respect them and later use them. There are many ways to teach kids about firearms. The first being airsoft and paintball. Both teach them that even these "toys" can hurt and more powerful ones can kill. Very good tools for teach firearms.

Old 02-29-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
My kids from day one knew what a firearm was. They learned to respect them and later use them. There are many ways to teach kids about firearms. The first being airsoft and paintball. Both teach them that even these "toys" can hurt and more powerful ones can kill. Very good tools for teach firearms.
OMG, not really. People shoot each other during paintball. You surely dont think you taught your kids firearm use and safety by allowing them to shoot each other, really?

Old 02-29-2020, 05:39 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
OMG, not really. People shoot each other during paintball. You surely dont think you taught your kids firearm use and safety by allowing them to shoot each other, really?
Well, I learned a lot from such things. Only my experience came from Simmunitions. Was it a safety lesson? In a way. It taught .me that you do t break cover in a firefight when you're facing a bunch of young stud Navy SEALs.

It does give a guy a picture of what reality would be with live rounds and puts your own mortality in perspective. In that regard such "games" are invaluable.

You just have to look at it from a different angle. BTW Simms hurt WAY worse than paintball or Airsoft. If you are a actually training and not playing the lessons to be learned are worth a truckload of platinum.

It gives you a whole new outlook. It also teaches how to watch each others backs, you have teammates depending on you. THEIR lives are on the line to. That transfers over to your loved ones at home.

Plenty to take away from market paint training.

Old 02-29-2020, 06:31 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
For the 1,000,000 time knocking some sense into this purely stupid argument equating guns with cars....

Cars is vital for our economy, without them our entire economy would literally grind to a halt. That's why we tolerate them.... but with A LOT of rules and restrictions. You can't drive until you are 18. You MUST have a valid license. You MUST pass a test in order to obtain said license. You MUST have insurance in order to drive. You MUST register your vehicle. Your vehicle MUST undergo periodic smog check. And Silicon Valley are working hard to make sure cars are not being driven by humans.

If you want to have a debate about cars and guns being equal then let's do that - gun owner MUST register the gun. MUST be at least 18 to shoot a gun unsupervised. MUST have a license. MUST buy insurance. MUST pass a test in order to handle a gun. MUST pay a registration fee every year to keep the gun. Can get fined for not following the rules. And in the near future, guns will be handled by robots instead of humans.

Yeah, let's talk about that!

Sure! Here we go...NONE of the stuff you mentioned is required for buying, owning and driving cars...NONE!

All of the stuff you mentioned only becomes applicable when accessing taxpayer funded roadways with said vehicle.

Old 02-29-2020, 11:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguitar77111 View Post
Why is it acceptable to play with toy cars, but not with toy guns? Why is it ok to drive a car to school, but a felony to bring a gun to school? Why can one drive a car at 14 but can’t buy a gun at 20?
Automobiles fall under the 9th Amendment. They the government or a jury cannot turn a right into a privilege.
What is not a right... using pubic access and right of way, for profit. That is it. An Automobile is not a motor vehicle, unless it is being used for profit(Lyft/Uber/courier)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies