Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 02:33 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Short of war, has that ever happened? Anywhere?
I suppose a natural disaster could result in some sort of societal collapse, but other than Hollywood movies we have no idea what it would actually look like.

A minor collapse happened during the aftermath of hurricane Katrina, and mostly people jumped through hoops to help each other. Mostly.
We humans are at our best when things are the worst.
Have you ever heard of the Roman empire or any other society that is no longer in existence? Most societies only make it so long, and end up falling from within. Happens every time.

Old 03-04-2020, 02:42 PM

2,400 posts, read 755,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I could do the wild for awhile. But really long term I'd probably be screwed. Unless we got to a comfortable safe spot like a cave or very remote cabin.

I'm just to stove up medically. The odds of something bad going wrong are unfavorable for me. But then again it might do me good to have to be really active and eat leaner. Meh. I hope I dont have to find out.

But I am set up to go down swinging and with my boots on needs be.
I would probably get taken out by feral cats the first week. I’m definitely a 20th century man.

Old 03-04-2020, 04:17 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
I would probably get taken out by feral cats the first week. I’m definitely a 20th century man.
Plus being made out of potatoes is going to make you quite appetizing to animals and humans alike.

Old 03-04-2020, 05:33 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
[quote=trobesmom;57485753]Have you ever heard of the Roman empire or any other society that is no longer in existence? Most societies only make it so long, and end up falling from within. Happens every time.[/QUOTE

Theres some spooky stuff on the radar. It ain't bandits yet but its bogeys for sure. I kinda think in terms of lethality this coronavirus thing might be overhyped. But pandemic is certainly a threat.

What's going on in the US politically spooks me a bit. These groups that are eager to riot ate cause for concern. Rightys or lefty's dont matter to me. I'll put down anyone who threatens my loved ones.

The political divisions are the worse I've ever seen so I've got a weather eye out. That wont result in a societal collapse like a civil war. But local and even regional flare up could happen real easy.

Real glad I dont live in CA. Berserkly in particular. I k ow I can fort up here needs be. But if stuff gets hairy I'm going to bug out ba k to the ranch. Hole up with my son and his family. Take my gal with me.

Out there we can see them coming whoever them may be. Win lose or draw we'll do it together my crew and I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies