Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 04:34 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times

Advertisements

I don’t agree with harassing people just because they wear redhats or like Trump.
I can have a normal conversation without talking about politics.

With that being said. Trump supporting Mexican restaurant is like Chickens for KFC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2020, 04:49 PM

1,154 posts, read 366,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
You must live in a big city? In smaller areas, where people are mostly like minded, it is not only accepted, but expected. In fact, it can make or break a business. Customers are the best friends a business owner could ever have, and few things tie tighter bonds than political agreement.

It's a neighborhood restaurant in an area that is decidedly purple, a fact of which he is well aware. It was presumptuous of him to engage in that kind of conversation with my spouse and me, and he very nearly burned his bridge with us. We are friendly, but we are not friends, and it took a very awkward exchange to get that across. I don't go into his establishment blurting my opinions about the Trump administration to his staff and customers because I have a healthy respect for boundaries. To his credit, he now keeps his politics to himself, and I continue to purchase his excellent street tacos on a regular basis.

Last edited by abbottkd71; 03-02-2020 at 04:58 PM..

Old 03-02-2020, 05:02 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Here’s the local news report as well as a video from the couple. I thought the left loved immigrants? Evidently they prefer illegal ones over legal immigrant citizens who love our country.

https://www.kgun9.com/news/local-new...lly-in-phoenix

We are not the Borg. We don't all feel the same way, or think the same way. If you want to know what an individual liberal thinks about a given subject, you should ask, and not assume we all think the same. We don't.

Old 03-02-2020, 05:03 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Typical KKK type Democrat tactic, just without white hoods.

Old 03-02-2020, 05:07 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Typical KKK type Democrat tactic, just without white hoods.
I can't rep you yet!

Perfect description

Old 03-02-2020, 05:55 PM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
We are not the Borg. We don't all feel the same way, or think the same way. If you want to know what an individual liberal thinks about a given subject, you should ask, and not assume we all think the same. We don't.
I know you don’t and I still believe there are more good liberals than the left extremists that seem to be more prevalent lately. However, as we all know this is the knee jerk reaction from the left if a right wing person does something obnoxious. There are then pages of responses about the right, quite often painting them all with a broad brush.

Old 03-02-2020, 06:01 PM

1,199 posts, read 638,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sure he does
Google Reviews for Sammy's Mexican Grill

This is just a sampling of the owner's responses to 1-star reviews:

Response from the owner 2 weeks ago
For your information, the employee who took your order is a white man and just as much of a cracker as you are. If they're illegal, then they're as illegal as you. Maybe the reason why we got your order wrong is because you don't know how to use the English language. It's "hire" not "higher", check your spelling. Also, your assumption that we hire illegal aliens is racist and ignorant. Lastly, you have no right to complain. We offered to remake your order, free of charge, but you refused. FYI, carnitas and carne asada are two separate foods. The word "Carnitas Sada" doesn't exist.

Response from the owner 4 months ago
I noticed that you wrote this review on a Sunday, a day we're not even open on. If you really did get a "disgusting" burrito, why didn't you write a review on the day you ate it. Also, if you did get a couple of bad burritos, I think you're overexaggerating when you say they were filled with fat and gristle. That seems impossible since our burritos include fresh ingredients such as pico, guacamole, and shredded cabbage. Lastly, if this was your first time eating here, why don't you give us a second chance? We believe everyone deserves a second chance.

Response from the owner 5 months ago
An awful review, plus an Spanish last name equals : "Trump Hater."
We will NOT be intimidated.
Keep America Great!!!
I have known your dad for many years and I have a very good idea how you look like and we have never seen you at our restaurant, so what you are saying is just a bunch of " ESTIERCOL "

Response from the owner 6 months ago
We have the tendency to remember our new customers through their personality and their attitude. And you and your wife definitely came in with a bad attitude. It's obvious to me that you decided to invest $18.00 just for the right to write a nasty review.

We are a family-run business and the young man who helped you at the register is the oldest of my three boys. He has been working at the register from a very young age and strives to be helpful and courteous to all customers. He's also a very intelligent man who has recently graduated from the U of A.

Just about all the food we serve is homemade and you are more than free to come watch us prepare the food ourselves if you don't believe me. But whether our food comes out good or bad, it will fill anybody's tummy, but it will do nothing to fix your hateful attitude.

For the money issue, all of our prices are listed on our menu board and website, if you did not pay attention to that then that is your fault.

Mr Darnell,

We have just reviewed your comments and I suggest if you were so unhappy with our previous services you are very able to order from the numerous other mexican restaurants in the area. Why would you keep ordering from us if we are not up to your standards? Please review the facts as for who owns which business before making false assumptions. The pizza place was never ours. We have been extremely blessed to be in business for an amazing 20+ years; so please keep your business suggestions to your self.

Thank you & God bless.

Old 03-02-2020, 06:28 PM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
I don’t agree with harassing people just because they wear redhats or like Trump.

With that being said. Trump supporting Mexican restaurant is like Chickens for KFC
Huh? These restaurant owners are here legally. It is illegal aliens that Trump opposes whether they are Mexican or not! Try again, big fail!

Old 03-03-2020, 05:39 AM

1,378 posts, read 737,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sure he does
Go look at the google reviews if you don't believe me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Google Reviews for Sammy's Mexican Grill

This is just a sampling of the owner's responses to 1-star reviews:

Response from the owner 2 weeks ago
For your information, the employee who took your order is a white man and just as much of a cracker as you are. If they're illegal, then they're as illegal as you. Maybe the reason why we got your order wrong is because you don't know how to use the English language. It's "hire" not "higher", check your spelling. Also, your assumption that we hire illegal aliens is racist and ignorant. Lastly, you have no right to complain. We offered to remake your order, free of charge, but you refused. FYI, carnitas and carne asada are two separate foods. The word "Carnitas Sada" doesn't exist.

Response from the owner 4 months ago
I noticed that you wrote this review on a Sunday, a day we're not even open on. If you really did get a "disgusting" burrito, why didn't you write a review on the day you ate it. Also, if you did get a couple of bad burritos, I think you're overexaggerating when you say they were filled with fat and gristle. That seems impossible since our burritos include fresh ingredients such as pico, guacamole, and shredded cabbage. Lastly, if this was your first time eating here, why don't you give us a second chance? We believe everyone deserves a second chance.

Response from the owner 5 months ago
An awful review, plus an Spanish last name equals : "Trump Hater."
We will NOT be intimidated.
Keep America Great!!!
I have known your dad for many years and I have a very good idea how you look like and we have never seen you at our restaurant, so what you are saying is just a bunch of " ESTIERCOL "

We have the tendency to remember our new customers through their personality and their attitude. And you and your wife definitely came in with a bad attitude. It's obvious to me that you decided to invest $18.00 just for the right to write a nasty review.

We are a family-run business and the young man who helped you at the register is the oldest of my three boys. He has been working at the register from a very young age and strives to be helpful and courteous to all customers. He's also a very intelligent man who has recently graduated from the U of A.

Just about all the food we serve is homemade and you are more than free to come watch us prepare the food ourselves if you don't believe me. But whether our food comes out good or bad, it will fill anybody's tummy, but it will do nothing to fix your hateful attitude.

For the money issue, all of our prices are listed on our menu board and website, if you did not pay attention to that then that is your fault.

Mr Darnell,

We have just reviewed your comments and I suggest if you were so unhappy with our previous services you are very able to order from the numerous other mexican restaurants in the area. Why would you keep ordering from us if we are not up to your standards? Please review the facts as for who owns which business before making false assumptions. The pizza place was never ours. We have been extremely blessed to be in business for an amazing 20+ years; so please keep your business suggestions to your self.

Thank you & God bless.
Never mind haha..thanks!

I saw pics of the owners, they look like miserable people. They probably did this as a stunt to boost sales since their restaurant sucks.

Old 03-03-2020, 05:43 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post

What's wrong with Trump supporting a Mexican restaurant? He's not opposed to Mexicans; he's opposed to ILLEGAL ALIENS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies