Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2021, 11:55 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,107,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Drunk driving is the only negative you can come up with? How about its link to violent behavior, for starters.
https://www.alcoholrehabguide.org/alcohol/crimes/

Effects of edibles can last a couple hours, but smoking? Much shorter impact than being drunk. Not to mention no hangover the following morning.
Reading comprehension must not be a strong point! I said...barring ...oh! Nevermind, it's not worth my time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2021, 12:07 AM

761 posts, read 315,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Look back to the years when drug laws were first created...its pretty clear, the govts concern was NOT the health and safety of the public. LOL

Would you like to hear some of then National Security Advisor, Harry Anslingers opinions on why we needed tough drug laws? (You may be surprised what the concern was).
I’m indifferent on legality.

Once pot has been legalized everywhere, it’s use has reached peaked saturation and billions of dollars have been made...then we may get to a fuller understanding of how it really impacts people/society. As of now, it feels like those pushing for it to be legal don’t want to hear ANYTHING about potential negatives. It’s almost a stance they are forced to take to reach the ultimate goal. Perhaps by 2040 or so we will be able to approach the topic with a lot more understanding.

Old 03-25-2021, 06:06 AM

1,665 posts, read 966,353 times
I'm over this marijuana argument. I'm tired of supporting legalization when these politicians acts like this is such a "horrible gateway drug", people acting like a moral monster, such as the ones that thinks it's an evil drug in which they've never dine but knows oh so much of it and it's effects.

In November, I was enrolled in our state's Medical Marijuana program. The big bad weed has turned my life around. I'm playing music again, I'm spending more time outside-carving wood, fishing, walking, household chores, more patient with my family, basically enjoying life again. My PTSD, anxiety and chronic pain does not slow me down. It doesn't get me high either. It's an oil tincture called Balance 300, whereas the THC and CBD is, you guessed it, balanced. The THC is very low as well.

I also work in a safety sensitive job. And you know, I'm not worried about a drug screen. I'm fed up with working with drug screening held over my head. I have finally found a medication with results. No more being a guinea pig to see what poison opioid medicine would help with back, knee and shoulder pain. Yes, after surgeries to help fix my broken body. No more plateauing on my antidepressants. You ever experience that? It's hell. It feels like everyone and everything is against you, you're full of hate and anguish because you know it's not YOURSELF. I often wonder if these people that go on killing sprees are byproducts of their medication not working. When I had that problem, I'll honestly say that I did want to take myself out. But I knew it wasn't me and I talked to my doctor. Got the same ol "I'll just increase your dosage" answer.

It's quite sad that a person can smoke a joint on a Friday evening after a hard week. Get into an accident at work that Tuesday and pee dirty. Even if your stone cold sober.

So yea, I do whatever works best for me. Screw the drug screen laws. This is my health and my life. Not some companies that wants to dictate want I can and can't do in my personal life. Especially when I'm giving back to the community, being a better husband, father and grandfather.

But I'm a pothead to all the anti marijuana crowd.

Old 03-25-2021, 06:24 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,506,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
I'm over this marijuana argument. I'm tired of supporting legalization when these politicians acts like this is such a "horrible gateway drug", people acting like a moral monster, such as the ones that thinks it's an evil drug in which they've never dine but knows oh so much of it and it's effects.

In November, I was enrolled in our state's Medical Marijuana program. The big bad weed has turned my life around. I'm playing music again, I'm spending more time outside-carving wood, fishing, walking, household chores, more patient with my family, basically enjoying life again. My PTSD, anxiety and chronic pain does not slow me down. It doesn't get me high either. It's an oil tincture called Balance 300, whereas the THC and CBD is, you guessed it, balanced. The THC is very low as well.

I also work in a safety sensitive job. And you know, I'm not worried about a drug screen. I'm fed up with working with drug screening held over my head. I have finally found a medication with results. No more being a guinea pig to see what poison opioid medicine would help with back, knee and shoulder pain. Yes, after surgeries to help fix my broken body. No more plateauing on my antidepressants. You ever experience that? It's hell. It feels like everyone and everything is against you, you're full of hate and anguish because you know it's not YOURSELF. I often wonder if these people that go on killing sprees are byproducts of their medication not working. When I had that problem, I'll honestly say that I did want to take myself out. But I knew it wasn't me and I talked to my doctor. Got the same ol "I'll just increase your dosage" answer.

It's quite sad that a person can smoke a joint on a Friday evening after a hard week. Get into an accident at work that Tuesday and pee dirty. Even if your stone cold sober.

So yea, I do whatever works best for me. Screw the drug screen laws. This is my health and my life. Not some companies that wants to dictate want I can and can't do in my personal life. Especially when I'm giving back to the community, being a better husband, father and grandfather.

But I'm a pothead to all the anti marijuana crowd.
Seems like your situation has little to do with the conversation...

Old 03-25-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Seems like your situation has little to do with the conversation...
It has a lot to do with the conversation. Especially that important little statement about smoking on a Friday and getting into an accident. But I'm sure you wouldn't know that, would you?

Old 03-25-2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Look back to the years when drug laws were first created...its pretty clear, the govts concern was NOT the health and safety of the public. LOL

Would you like to hear some of then National Security Advisor, Harry Anslingers opinions on why we needed tough drug laws? (You may be surprised what the concern was).

I say the same thing. But the naysayers always will look the other way avoiding the inconvenient truth. It's easier living a life with blinders on for some. Truth is a bitter hard to swallow, especially when they're proven wrong.

Repped

Old 03-25-2021, 07:40 AM

37,953 posts, read 22,062,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The alcohol is probably more unhealthy (if only for the pounds), makes a person intoxicated, and is more addictive yet it's considered normal. If a person goes home and lights up a joint they are considered a deadbeat drag on society and in most states, a criminal who belongs behind bars. You might even go out with your coworkers for beers after work, but if you ask if they want to smoke a joint you'll lose your job and good luck finding another one thanks to pre-employment drug screening. Alcohol typically makes people more aggressive and to certain people, more prone to anger and violence. Weed typically mellows people out and just makes them laugh. Even if you use marijuana for medicinal reasons, you have to keep it on the down-low because conservative society says it's just an excuse for potheads to smoke pot. Yet, the same people wouldn't bat an eye at people popping Oxycontin all day long.

Why is drinking a few beers after work to wind down the day socially acceptable but smoking a joint isn't?
I don't care what any adult person chooses to do, as long as you do not get behind the wheel of your car high or drunk.

One reason people are leery of legalizing pot is because of the detrimental effects it has on the minds of growing children.

Old 03-25-2021, 12:14 PM

9,702 posts, read 4,537,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I don't care what any adult person chooses to do, as long as you do not get behind the wheel of your car high or drunk.

One reason people are leery of legalizing pot is because of the detrimental effects it has on the minds of growing children.
I've seen adult beer drinkers try switching to pot and they're personality changed not for the good. Intoxication no matter the source is not good for driving. Legalization is different from 'safe'. But that's how the pot lobby got more legalization by conflating the 'safe' and 'legal'.

There are not enough studies on large scale use and/or overtime. And I'm still not buying the high only lasts a couple of hours so but stays in system for 30 days? The fatcells store and alot of crap and release it over time. I doubt one could detect bourbon or beer 30 days later in blood

Old 03-25-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
I've seen adult beer drinkers try switching to pot and they're personality changed not for the good. Intoxication no matter the source is not good for driving. Legalization is different from 'safe'. But that's how the pot lobby got more legalization by conflating the 'safe' and 'legal'.

There are not enough studies on large scale use and/or overtime. And I'm still not buying the high only lasts a couple of hours so but stays in system for 30 days? The fatcells store and alot of crap and release it over time. I doubt one could detect bourbon or beer 30 days later in blood
Here's a lil dirt about how long it can stay in your system.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324315

Old 03-25-2021, 03:03 PM

9,702 posts, read 4,537,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
Here's a lil dirt about how long it can stay in your system.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324315
That's a good piece on testing and detection. Still looking for intoxication effects. One of the big issues/abuses now is alot of pot smokers caught driving impaired like to claim they smoked over 4 hours earlier and those pesky test will still detect it 30 days later.

As noted fat cells play a role meaning they are constantly leaching what ever substance, The question by the time thc has sat in a fat cell for a few days when it comes back into the body would it have any effects at all. They say .08 is too drunk to drive so what is the standard for being impaired with pot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies