Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 06:08 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,948,107 times

Advertisements

I would be for all these protests if they weren't based on the lie that most police killings are of blacks and not whites. All I see and hear from protestors, on social media, the media, et are that its only blacks so its racial injust. The real stats are never shared. NEVER. Other races being killed is never covered nationally or cared about. IN reality, TWICE as many whites are killed by cops as blacks and almost the same number of latinos. And backs are 4 times more likely to kill a cop than a white. Black neighborhoods are more dangerous and have more crime. Its scary that all this can be easily researched just with google. But whats most scary is that people don't bring this up out of fear of being labeled racist. Its a huge country and everyone has cameras now. Black people and people of every race will continue to be killed by cops justly or unjustly, therefore these riots will never end.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I would be for all these protests if they weren't based on the lie that most police killings are of blacks and not whites. All I see and hear from protestors, on social media, the media, et are that its only blacks so its racial injust.
I have yet to hear anyone argue it is only blacks. It is simply not what they are saying.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:15 AM

366 posts, read 110,657 times
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

Quick google search

Old 06-02-2020, 06:17 AM

6,738 posts, read 4,423,499 times
Quote:
I would be for all these protests if they weren't based on the lie that most police killings are of blacks and not whites. All I see and hear from protestors, on social media, the media, et are that its only blacks so its racial injust. The real stats are never shared. NEVER. Other races being killed is never covered nationally or cared about. IN reality, TWICE as many whites are killed by cops as blacks and almost the same number of latinos. And backs are 4 times more likely to kill a cop than a white. Black neighborhoods are more dangerous and have more crime. Its scary that all this can be easily researched just with google. But whats most scary is that people don't bring this up out of fear of being labeled racist. Its a huge country and everyone has cameras now. Black people and people of every race will continue to be killed by cops justly or unjustly, therefore these riots will never end.

Sometimes stating the obvious is never popular.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:19 AM

16,088 posts, read 6,860,239 times
It is an election year.
The democratic party is behind the trickery that has worked for generations.
A strange phenomenon occurs during this time.White on Black victimization
takes front and center stage while all other crimes of race are zero to none
as this is my opinion.

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 06-02-2020 at 06:34 AM..

Old 06-02-2020, 06:21 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have yet to hear anyone argue it is only blacks. It is simply not what they are saying.
You aren't listening.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:23 AM

2,180 posts, read 641,103 times
Responsible media would investigate the claims of BLM and analyze them without emotion or deference, and with input from a variety of sources.

But there is no such thing as responsible media anymore.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:23 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,948,107 times
Quote:
THen you are letting your bias/opinion filter out reality. I'm sure you have a strong bias towards the protestors and BLM movement. I watch and read the news daily and every day I see and hear that. One exact quote that was on the news and never questioned was "How come you never see an whites on video getting killed by police". You have all these people who never think to google these stats? News organizations who don't publish them or question these statements?

Old 06-02-2020, 06:26 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
I am sure those numbers are the reported ones- but I also don't get unknown race? If the cops are to blame, there is an autopsy. However, because they may not be dead- does not mean they were NOT mishandled as humans beings. This whole thing is about excessive force and racial profiling,,, which you know happens. Don't minimize the problem as if does NOT exist. That is a BIGGER problem in itself and that is why all the noise... take away the political radicals/ anarchist antifas etc- doing other shyte in the mix of it all.

Last edited by tinytrump; 06-02-2020 at 06:46 AM..

Old 06-02-2020, 06:26 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:

We will never have peace as long as the leaders of our country fail to acknowledge the problem.

We now have a POTUS who actively gas-lights the victims, and lies to the American public. It will only get worse until we do better as a nation.

And nobody is claiming whites aren't being killed too. You seem to be denying there is a systemic problem of disadvantage to the black community. You are part of the problem, and a perfect exhibit of the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies