Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 05:23 PM

15,677 posts, read 6,383,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Wrong. He can’t cutoff findings to cities that are not sanctuary cities. No different than states not receiving federal transportation funds if certain requirements are not met.

Boy, have you missed the mark on this one.
I don't think so. The cities/states he has a conflict with are typically the same that have Sanctuary laws. But he can pick and choose which ones he goes after. Ergo, CoI and abuse of power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2020, 05:27 PM

62,583 posts, read 28,779,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I don't think so. The cities/states he has a conflict with are typically the same that have Sanctuary laws. But he can pick and choose which ones he goes after. Ergo, CoI and abuse of power.
There is no abuse of power by going after sanctuary cities. Guess which party controls those cities and states?

Old 03-05-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
What I'm suggesting then is that it should be applied equally across all Sanctuary cities and states, not picking and choosing individual targets. There's too much opportunity for abuse. I know you guys will positively freak out when, say, Pres. Bernie Sanders cuts off Federal funding to Omaha, Nebraska because it didn't support his socialized medicine program or because it passed an anti-immigrant law.

To clarify: I'm opposed to my state's Sanctuary law. I just don't trust DJT.
Is Sanders socialized medicine program a law? Who's anti-"immigrant?

Old 03-05-2020, 05:41 PM

1,107 posts, read 546,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area and I think it's great that they are cutting this city off. I hope the city goes bankrupt. Plus isn't there a bill being passed that allows victims and their families to sue the city if an illegal has committed a crime against them, since the city didn't turn them over to ICE to be deported? I hope that bill passes too. I'm tired of seeing Americans and those who are in this country legally being victimized by illegals who are in this country illegally but have been protected by these such cities. I'd love nothing more then to see San Francisco, among other big cities, go completely bankrupt, because of this. Gavin Newsome needs to be removed/relieved of duties from office as well.
And I'm from NY and I also think it's great.

Old 03-05-2020, 05:41 PM

15,677 posts, read 6,383,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is no abuse of power by going after sanctuary cities. Guess which party controls those cities and states?
To clarify yet again: I mean selected cities among the sanctuary cities, plus, in thinking about it, selected programs that DJT doesn't like. AoP. I expect we'll be revisiting this once we see what gets cut and to whom.

Old 03-05-2020, 05:42 PM

2,959 posts, read 1,719,031 times
Quote:
To clarify yet again: I mean selected cities among the sanctuary cities, plus, in thinking about it, selected programs that DJT doesn't like. AoP. I expect we'll be revisiting this once we see what gets cut and to whom.
Gotta start somewhere

Old 03-05-2020, 05:44 PM

1,107 posts, read 546,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
Glad Trump is keeping his promises. THAT alone got to be a valid reason for a second term.

Agreed with above poster saying we need to go one step further and prosecute these City Counsel Members/Mayors/Governors/Sheriff that created these laws and go against protecting the local Citizens.

Would love to see Mayor Adler and Sheriff Hernandez, here in Austin, put in jail for their traitorous policies to protect these Illegals.
Add De Blasio to that wish list.

Old 03-05-2020, 05:49 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,509,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Indeed.

When will Trump go after SANCTUARY EMPLOYERS/ ECONOMIC ENGAGERs of unauthorized workers- the root cause?

Old 03-05-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
As I said, every sanctuary city is a Democrat held one so what's your point? Stay on topic please. This is about Trump cutting funds to sanctuary cities, nothing more and nothing less and he is doing so because they are protecting criminal aliens. Making up other scenarios that are unfounded to defend illegal aliens and to object to cracking down on those who protect them just doesn't cut it! It's mere desperation on your part.

Old 03-05-2020, 06:01 PM

34,301 posts, read 15,546,929 times
Quote:
Did it though? My concern is about the potential abuse of power, not the sanctuary city status. But you missed that.
To be a sanctuary city is an abuse of power !!! You missed that !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies