Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 09:02 PM

13,233 posts, read 7,286,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Woods was found guilty of capital murder by a 10-2 verdict, and the jury also called for the death sentence by a similar 10-2 decision. Oregon and Alabama are the only states that permit a non-unanimous verdict.

The U.S. Supreme Court is set to rule on a separate case, to determine if execution as a result of a non-unanimous verdict, is unconstitutional.
Didn't know that about those two states these guys picked the wrong states to commit murder in. Texas seems to execute lot of people.

In this case I agree with the jury both were involved in selling drugs Woods had a chance to come out of the apartment he knew the other guy was armed with the SKS rifle when the police showed him the warrant he decided to run back in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2020, 09:08 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Executed 9:01 pm CST ....Justice served
Excellent.

Old 03-05-2020, 09:21 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
You know, since I haven't read about the case, and I'm making several assumptions, I take back what I've said.

Old 03-05-2020, 09:31 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Ok, I stand corrected.

He got what he deserved tonight, no loss to humanity.

Social justice warriors and liberals are lying to you about cop killer Nathaniel Woods

Old 03-05-2020, 10:25 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
That seems to be smoke and mirrors. He was tried and convicted before a jury of his peers and sentenced to death. I'd imagine that his case was then appealed to the Alabama Court of Appeals before the State Supreme Court, so the fact that a brief wasn't filed at the State Supreme Court is meaningless unless new issues would have been raised in this brief (which is rare and generally disallowed). Without reviewing the record, I'd wager that the Alabama Supreme Court reasoned that the brief would not have added anything different to the record and that it had everything it needed to decide the case. So I say there was more than adequate state and federal review, and think that federal review should be limited in any case.

As for not actually committing the murders (which the state has long acknowledged), who cares? That's not the standard for capital punishment in Alabama and most other states with the death penalty. He played an active role (as determined by his peers and affirmed on appeal) in setting up the ambush that led to the officers' deaths.

And MLK III speaking on Woods' behalf isn't something moves me one way or the other, and the same goes for anyone who is categorically against the death penalty.
In other words, As for caring about the truth, who cares? I get it, you don't like that person. I don't blame you. He deserves life but not the death penalty.

Old 03-06-2020, 05:08 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
In other words, As for caring about the truth, who cares? I get it, you don't like that person. I don't blame you. He deserves life but not the death penalty.
On the contrary, its those who are attempting to make a legal issue out of the fact that Woods was found guilty and sentenced to death despite not pulling the trigger (ignoring the fact that Alabama law explicitly authorizes such an outcome) who don't care about the truth or the law.

He deserved the punishment handed down by his peers, which was death in this case.

Last edited by prospectheightsresident; 03-06-2020 at 05:24 AM..

Old 03-06-2020, 05:10 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Ok, I stand corrected.

He got what he deserved tonight, no loss to humanity.

Social justice warriors and liberals are lying to you about cop killer Nathaniel Woods
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You know, since I haven't read about the case, and I'm making several assumptions, I take back what I've said.
I'd encourage everyone to read the case (State v. Wood) as heard in the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals.

Here is a link to the case: https://caselaw.findlaw.com/al-court...s/1733599.html

Woods' arguments were heard and considered by the appeals court (to include the State Supreme Court). They were analyzed and they were dismissed.

I firmly believe that the world is a better place without Woods living in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies