Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 03:22 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
You can have your full auto weapon, if we can have our ban on high weapons style clips. Have fun with your full auto with only 3 bullets in your clip!

Hey, those clips were made for walkin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2020, 04:22 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I don't see the fascination with full auto, but a lot of collectors have seen significant increase in the value of their full auto firearms due to the finite supply in the U.S. Many have them as investments. Yes, the entry price today is very high.
My $12K investment has turned into $20K in a relatively short period. I've shot it. My 13 y.o. daughter has shot it. It's a quick way to burn money firing it but is sure is fun!

Old 03-09-2020, 04:52 PM

3,078 posts, read 3,264,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Hey, those clips were made for walkin!
Perhaps a deal can be struck, as a gesture of good will, gun owners will give up ALL clips (high cap or not) in exchange for a complete moratorium on further gun control legislation.

Old 03-09-2020, 05:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Get 3D printing and polymer tech synched, and YAY!

You can print parts but are they really gonna work? Real guns mix metals, plastics, and polymers. I don’t think any one printer can do that.

Can you print ammo?

I’d like this to be a panacea, but it isn’t. NRA has spent its captitol, it’s on its last legs.

Hoard guns and ammo, or be that weathered rock out there which used to have an edge, but doesn’t anymore.
Daytona Tactical, has all the 80% Glocks you want. You just finish the milling and assemble yourself.
Don't ask me how I know.

Old 03-09-2020, 05:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
You can have your full auto weapon, if we can have our ban on high weapons style clips. Have fun with your full auto with only 3 bullets in your clip!
But my M-249 does not load by mag or clip......

Old 03-09-2020, 07:12 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Perhaps a deal can be struck, as a gesture of good will, gun owners will give up ALL clips (high cap or not) in exchange for a complete moratorium on further gun control legislation.

The problem is we don't trust the government to keep their word.

Old 03-09-2020, 07:23 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Just because someone can figure out how to make something doesn't mean the legal system is going to give it a pass, or there won't be other serious consequences the person who does this faces, especially if what they do ends up hurting or killing someone and it is traced back to them.

Just as someone could currently manufacture homemade explosives, methamphetamine (which could easily blow something up), or other destructive substances. They will be held accountable.

Old 03-09-2020, 07:50 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Ironic that gun control led to this... The more you try to stop something the more it grows...
You'd think the democrats would have learned from the failed bans from the republicans (trying to ban drugs and stomp out homosexuality failed miserably for them).

Old 03-09-2020, 07:53 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It doesn't mention guns either. It says the right to keep and bear ARMS shall not be INFRINGED. Since it doesn't list what kind of arms, then ammunition, a critical component of firearms is protected. It also clearly uses the words, shall not be infringed, which means trying to stop the right to keep and bear arms by rendering them unusable.

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/infringe

Sadly for gun haters, the second amendment is amazingly clear and a tremendous obstacle to their tyrannical pursuit of disarming the citizens of the United States of America. As you can see from the definition of infringe, it includes limiting or undermining, not just banning. The constitution is clear in that the authors wanted citizens to control their own fate. Thus they allowed for them to be armed and able to stand against threats from government or criminal. The only people who ever claim the second amendment isn't crystal clear, are the ones who despise it and want it removed.
I also perceive that the "regulated militia is necessary to secure a free state" means our local and state police that are supposed to protect the citizens of the state they are representing against other states and the federal government, and the people are free to own any kind of weapon to protect themselves against a tyrannical police force or federal army.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:54 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
If it were de-milled (made 100% inoperable) then it is just metal according to the BATFE. If it is functional, it is an unregistered full-auto and the people are in violation of the National Firearms Act of 1934.
https://www.forgottenweapons.com/i-f...t-should-i-do/

More reason to think it was de-milled. Or everyone at the estate sale was ignorant of the law.

Outside of full auto, any guns bought at an estate sale fall under the state's face to face sale laws.
Oh no, it was fully intact, it was just kept in pieces in the box, (MP40s were pretty simple firearms, not many pieces to them), My grandfather would have NEVER allowed it to be de-milled.

I have to believe the auction people just didnt look at it close enough and assumed it was just parts to a regular rifle or something, No one ever assembled it, it sold still in pieces in the box.

Ive thought about trying to find the guy who bought it and see if he would sell it to me, (considering it was my grandfathers), but Im not sure if the auction people would give out his information to me, ( I doubt they would).

There are many guns on private classifieds in my state right now, many people also trade stuff with and for guns, no paperwork or background checks are done, its all cash and carry, that is how people in my state like to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies