Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 06:51 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/i/status/1235642093713924098
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2020, 06:59 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Sounds like she believes like Betty Ford, Barry Goldwater and even the churches at the time:

"Betty Ford's beliefs—and her willingness to speak publicly—sometimes created controversy. In August 1975, she appeared on the television show "60 Minutes," repeating her support for the ERA and calling the Supreme Court judgment in Roe v. Wade "a great, great decision."

Inconvenient - I know.

"Republican governor Ronald Reagan signed the California Therapeutic Abortion Act, one of the most liberal abortion laws in the country, in 1967"

"New York, under Governor Nelson Rockefeller, a Republican, eliminated all restrictions on women seeking to terminate pregnancies"

" Richard Nixon, Barry Goldwater, Gerald Ford, and George H.W. Bush were all pro-choice, and they were not party outliers. In 1972, a Gallup poll found that 68 percent of Republicans believed abortion to be a private matter between a woman and her doctor. The government, they said, should not be involved."

Sorry, you people......the troops that want a theocracy - are the outliers. They are the current American Taliban....mostly males trying to force their views on women....for no reason other than politics.

"Perhaps more surprisingly, the right to abortion was forcefully supported and advanced by the Protestant clergy. The Clergy Consultation Service on Abortion (CCSA), which was established in 1967, not only counseled pregnant women about their choices, it enlisted physicians to perform abortions. One of these, who is featured in the film, was Dr. Curtis Boyd, a gynecologist and Baptist minister now in his eighties. He began his practice in Texas at the behest of the CCSA"

Would you like me to continue?

"Goldwater, influenced by his wife Margaret (Peggy) Goldwater, supported women's rights to abortions. Goldwater's advocacy and support for reproductive rights assisted in the foundation of the Planned Parenthood chapter in Phoenix, Arizona, and for national policies promoting birth control and abortion rights."

This issue is simply made up.....because, frankly, the right doesn't have any legs to stand on any longer. They always need to act as if they are better than others, so this provides them a pat on the back....from themselves and for themselves.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:06 PM

Goldwater was a 'libertarian', not a conservative.

Reagan became pro life later on.

None of these Republicans you mentioned were crazy like the woman in the video.

50 percent of babies who are aborted are female. Your women's rights spin for the pro abortion position doesn't work for you.

We can't be oppressing women by supporting more of them in the world and believing their life has value and should be protected.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:13 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Government control of a woman’s reproductive system is unconstitutional.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:13 PM

Killing babies is unconstitutional.

There's no right to kill your baby in the constitution.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:14 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Killing babies is unconstitutional.

There's no right to kill your baby in the constitution.
I agree. You can’t and shouldn’t kill babies.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:15 PM

I'm not surprised an antifa person has your position.

Antifa people are thugs.

You want to end a baby's life while acting like you are against fascism.

You would not have the abortion procedure done to you but you will sign up babies for it.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:33 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:

50 percent of babies who are aborted are female. Your women's rights spin for the pro abortion position doesn't work for you.

We can't be oppressing women by supporting more of them in the world and believing their life has value and should be protected.
I'm just quoting history. Most every Republican - and Goldwater is known as the Father of the Conservative Movement (not a libertarian) was for the decision being between a woman and her doc. Period.

Sorry it upsets you so. But those are the facts.

Sure, they waffled when the Preachers totally took over the party.

Thanks for allowing me to point out some basic history in this thread. As Goldwater said, these things have been happening since the beginning of time and they will happen until the end of time also.

Perhaps you didn't notice that Ireland even allows personal decisions.

Say what you will, you are talking theocracy - and the end of personal liberty. I don't desire to control others since I am a Liberal. I'm sorry that you people are so into locking people up for the Drug War and keeping pot illegal (Trump.Session, et al) and doing away with even the more private matters.

As I have said, I think it's simply one of the last legs you feel you can stand upon...and you really can't even stand upon that since it's likely that as many "republican and independent" women use birth control and other things even tho their religions ban it.

It's all about control of others. Sorry.
Inconvenient that even the Church set up clinics...but at least it shows what most of us know. Your type wants to take us backwards...not forward.

It's pretty obvious when the Right throws 7 Million people off health insurance in just a few short years...that they could care less about "life".....to say nothing of the cheering on her when food stamps are denied to those needy children.

Sorry, I don't buy it. Not for a second. Never have and never will. Find some targets who don't think for themselves and who have not had actual life experiences.

"Let em die" is the rally cry of the GOP. They are proud of it. They see poor people dying early as Darwinism at work.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:48 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:

Neither of the women are crazy. They are pro choice and have a right to free speech.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Neither of the women are crazy. They are pro choice and have a right to free speech.
Nobody has said they can't speak freely. I think it is leftists who want to take away speech from conservatives.

I have the right to criticize their position.

I didn't watch the other one but the actress does have issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies