Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 09:08 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
No not true. I spoke up quite loudly and I do to this day. I have personally talked to and corresponded with Daines about my concerns, especially the blatant disregard for fiscal responsibility and accountability.

The GOP that I knew is gone. I mean GONE.
You mean the party that invaded Iraq? I would say Afghanistan but there was the little Bin Laden thing. Not like Obama did any better, destroying and destabilizing Libya, than attempting to do the same in Syria. Pretty embarrassing for a Nobel Peace prize winner

Thank dog we have an actual peaceful president now

Old 03-06-2020, 09:40 PM

19,748 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You mean the party that invaded Iraq? I would say Afghanistan but there was the little Bin Laden thing. Not like Obama did any better, destroying and destabilizing Libya, than attempting to do the same in Syria. Pretty embarrassing for a Nobel Peace prize winner

Thank dog we have an actual peaceful president now
Yeah so I guess you're no fiscal conservative then. Trillion dollar deficits A-Okay in your book eh?

Tough nutz about foreign wars, especially ones that Republicans originally dragged us into, and the ones we're still in today. I guess you don't really read up on military active deployments and how many troops we have still in the sandbox.

That doesn't surprise me seeing how most of the remaining GOP have their heads in the sand or up Trumps Orange keester.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/21/w...ployments.html

Quote:
President Trump has repeatedly promised to end what he calls America’s “endless wars,” fulfilling a promise he made during the campaign.

No wars have ended, though, and more troops have deployed to the Middle East in recent months than have come home. Mr. Trump is not so much ending wars, as he is moving troops from one conflict to another.

Tens of thousands of American troops remain deployed all over the world, some in war zones such as Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq and — even still — Syria. And the United States maintains even more troops overseas in large legacy missions far from the wars following the Sept. 11 attacks, in such allied lands as Germany, South Korea and Japan.

Although deployment numbers fluctuate daily, based on the needs of commanders, shifting missions and the military’s ability to shift large numbers of personnel by transport planes and warships, a rough estimate is that 200,000 troops are deployed overseas today.
We still have 10,000+ in Afghanistan, half that in Iraq, still some in Syria, Africa and other 'S-Hole' nations as your leader like to describe them.

Last edited by Threerun; 03-06-2020 at 09:49 PM..

Old 03-06-2020, 10:03 PM

16,580 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Trump isn't a conservative, he is a populist. There is a huge difference between the two. Hillary Clinton is more conservative than Trump.
&

I both agree and disagree.
Trump is a populist at his core.
However he was smart enough to understand that being socially conservative was a key to him becoming president.

Rest assured that you are wrong in claiming Hillary is more conservative. She was a leftist/liberal well before Obama out flanked her on the left in 2008, and then she went totally dog nuts trying to get left of Bernie in 2016.

Never forget she was responsible for Bill Clinton losing the AR governorship by pushing her liberal feminist agenda.
Then he smartened up and came back as a moderate, which won him the first election to begin with.
She was also responsible for Bill nominating the most leftist radical ever to serve on the scotus, that being Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
So just on federal judge nominations alone, she is a hardcore leftist, not a conservative on social issues.

`

Old 03-06-2020, 10:08 PM

16,580 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Many voters change parties. I did.

Dropped the GOP like a hot potato. I will vote for whomever else runs against Trump. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I don't buy that for a minute, unless you are what use to be called a "liberal Republican" in the mold of say a Lowell Weicker.
Whomever is the (D) nominee (unless someone like Jim Webb pops out of nowhere) will be a far left of center person.
Thus no true (R) would vote for someone who would be for all the leftist lunacy the current (D) party represents.

`

Old 03-06-2020, 10:26 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I left right after Bill. Obama's secret meetings with Louis Farrakhan, hanging with the American hating Rev Wright for 20 years and never hearing a discouraging word, and Installing the only Communist voting Intelligence Head, John "Water Board" Brennan into head of the CIA, just confirmed how far down the Rabbit hole the Democratic party has gone
Per the bolded --- As did I.

Sometime after Bubba left office, dems did a 180 and started putting illegals ahead of Americans. IMO, Bubba was the last moderate democrat. I recall reading that when his wife was running for president, he urged her to take a moderate stance. It wasn't received well and she basically told him to butt out.

Old 03-07-2020, 12:02 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times
Ummm...Danny?.? If you’re looking for someone to blame for Trump becoming president, Steve Schmidt is in the top 3..........

lol.....

Old 03-07-2020, 05:38 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Many voters change parties. I did.

Dropped the GOP like a hot potato. I will vote for whomever else runs against Trump. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
"Many voters change parties. I did. " And? You are free to do so. many people change parties all the time.

I was NOT talking about individuals but POLITICIANS. Maybe you have a reading comprehension problem which might be one reason you changed parties.

Old 03-07-2020, 06:26 AM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Nobody else was in on the discussion?

Schmidt single handily picked Sarah? Who put her name out their? Schmidt?

He had no clue she was as dumb as she was. Why would he recommend her to McCain?

The RNC had nothing to do with it?

Were they just looking for a pretty face? I know McCain's family blames him. And maybe he presented
her name along with some others.

How did she even make the list? Who made the final list?

Old 03-07-2020, 06:50 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

I don't buy that for a minute, unless you are what use to be called a "liberal Republican" in the mold of say a Lowell Weicker.
Whomever is the (D) nominee (unless someone like Jim Webb pops out of nowhere) will be a far left of center person.
Thus no true (R) would vote for someone who would be for all the leftist lunacy the current (D) party represents.

`
Ah yes, the no true Scotsman fallacy rears it's ugly head again^^^

Old 03-07-2020, 11:07 AM

2,774 posts, read 902,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Funny thing is that the GOP of yesteryear epitomized moderation & had core principles that highly valued the running of an effective & efficient government while ALSO CHAMPIONING THE REGISTERING OF PEOPLE TO VOTE & CIVIL RIGHTS PROGRESS, to name a few things. Starting in the 1980's that party gradually threw away it's core principles until it became essentially the garbage heap we see today.

Living in Georgia, I can tell you that my personal last gop straw was broken about the time I had a years long, closeup view of the disgusting political & social theatrics of newt (hypocrite/serial adulterer/family values fiend) gingrich.

Recalling from newt's era of greatest influence in the 1990's, including his time as Speaker of the House, I could in no way abide w/ or support a party or it's candidates who tried to tell me or anyone else exactly whose family values were THE CORRECT family values! That was and is still true given that newt was & still is a total hypocrite!

Go ahead & call me "radical" to use your word choice, but I am a Democrat who still has core values that respect value & truthfulness, honor & integrity as do my other Democratic family members, friends &/or acquaintances!
So Gingrich is a hypocrite. There are plenty of them around. So you abandon the repubicans because they have some leaders who do what politicians do. How do you get around things like unrestricted abortion, open borders, the fawning left wing media, the corruption of the Clintons and the Obamas, etc. etc.. The current crop of democrats who are/were running for president are all promising free everything with no consequences. So you jump on that bandwagon because Newt Gingrich pissed you off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies