Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 03:20 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,587,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
OK.....let me say this one more time. (Back to having to defend myself, I see....classic Alinsky.) NOBODY on this thread - and certainly not me - faults him for his role during Nazi Germany, when he was a teen. I am saying how awful it was that during the 60 Minutes interview, when he was an adult, he couldn't even pretend to have any feelings about what he did. It was basically a big shrug, as if to say "so what." He was proud to say, to all Jewish survivors and their descendants, that yes...I was involved....and no....I don't feel a morsel of guilt about it. Read about passive-aggressive behavior, because that was classic.

I don't know how much more clear I can make it, but you're doing it: putting your opponent on the defensive because you are unwilling to acknowledge that Soros' response in that interview was like a knife in the heart of many Jewish survivors. If he had any respect for Jews, he would have at least pretended that he gave a ****.

And I'm not sure what you mean by St. Petersburg, although I know you are a liberal so I imagine it's some snide comment intended as an insult. (Oh wait.....I just got it. Russia, Russia, Russia!)

Finally, as far as the "proper response," why am I not allowed my opinion about what a proper response is? Why are only the responses that follow the liberal line allowed? Once again, it is the liberal way to shut up people who see things differently than they do. SOROS' RESPONSE IN THAT INTERVIEW WAS HORRIBLE.

https://forward.com/opinion/politics...ain-and-again/

got another self hater i think
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2020, 03:35 PM

17,379 posts, read 13,133,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
When World War II ended in Germany, George Soros was two months short of his 15th birthday..
So what? He still sold out his own people!

Old 03-07-2020, 03:44 PM

17,379 posts, read 13,133,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Can a 9 yr old kid be a nazi?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xvB69DwcWmQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Old 03-07-2020, 04:25 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,247,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
In the 60s we lived in Rochester, NY. Our apartment was in the inner city. When the Rochester Riots broke out we found out when we went the wrong was through a police road block. Kind of interesting - two whites one pregnant out watching the riot unfold. We were actually well protected as we were known and surrounded by young and good sized neighbors.

A week or so later the the quite Republican Rochester government decided to help the black community organize. They recruited and paid the Alinsky organization to come in and lead the effort. They also recruited a black neighbor who was a graduate student close to his PhD in physics to lead the new organization.

So that would suggest Alinsky was acceptable to the Republican in the 60s

Old 03-07-2020, 04:37 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,587,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
In the 60s we lived in Rochester, NY. Our apartment was in the inner city. When the Rochester Riots broke out we found out when we went the wrong was through a police road block. Kind of interesting - two whites one pregnant out watching the riot unfold. We were actually well protected as we were known and surrounded by young and good sized neighbors.

A week or so later the the quite Republican Rochester government decided to help the black community organize. They recruited and paid the Alinsky organization to come in and lead the effort. They also recruited a black neighbor who was a graduate student close to his PhD in physics to lead the new organization.

So that would suggest Alinsky was acceptable to the Republican in the 60s

the modern republican part is NOT your fathers party....i work with a lifelong republican who reminds me trump is NOT responsible for the stock market gains and i tell him removing many of the environmental regulations just may have helped..he counters with and the negative stuff from those EPA reversals wont be know for ten years lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies