Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 08:11 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,389,750 times

Advertisements

Abortions will happens. They can be underground and illegal or above the board and monitored.

Women I've known who have had them have had to deal with the decision for the rest of their lives. To think its a casual answer to most is incorrect.

Old 03-08-2020, 08:14 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Great. So you don’t give a **** about the unwanted kids.

Probably because a leading reason for abortion is economic means, or lack thereof. So what you call irresponsible adults, are actually being responsible.

A fetus is a fetus. It’s not a baby, it’s not murder. It’s a collection of cells without any sense of self awareness. It is amazing what that collection of cells becomes, but until it becomes anything, it’s nothing.
Wouldn't it be economically beneficial to just mass purge everyone who is retired and drawing Social Security? Think of all the money we could save if we just kill all of them!! Clearly it's the responsible thing to do. They're just a bunch of parasites sucking money from the rest of us while producing nothing of value themselves, am I right?

By the way, you are a collection of cells and by your own logic, blowing your brains out would be a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

We barely understand when an unborn baby becomes "self-aware" but again by your own logic, we can now just shoot everyone with Alzheimer's or who is in a coma because they are not self-aware and they're an economic drain on their families and society.

There's a pretty clear parallel between pro-abortion and the Holocaust.
  1. Step one: Convince everybody that certain humans aren't actually humans and that killing them isn't actually immoral.
  2. Step two: Proceed to murder them en masse.

Old 03-08-2020, 08:24 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Wouldn't it be economically beneficial to just mass purge everyone who is retired and drawing Social Security? Think of all the money we could save if we just kill all of them!! Clearly it's the responsible thing to do. They're just a bunch of parasites sucking money from the rest of us while producing nothing of value themselves, am I right?

By the way, you are a collection of cells and by your own logic, blowing your brains out would be a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

We barely understand when an unborn baby becomes "self-aware" but again by your own logic, we can now just shoot everyone with Alzheimer's or who is in a coma because they are not self-aware and they're an economic drain on their families and society.

There's a pretty clear parallel between pro-abortion and the Holocaust.
  1. Step one: Convince everybody that certain humans aren't actually humans and that killing them isn't actually immoral.
  2. Step two: Proceed to murder them en masse.
There’s no parallel between abortion and the Holocaust. That’s just ignorant. Abortion has been around since humanity started. When a tribe didn’t have excess resources available to take care of newborns, they’d kill them or leave them to die. Ultimately that’s the same thing today, only the decision is made before it’s born.

Abortion has been around since before roe vs wade. It would exist today without roe vs wade. It’s a pointless fight. Focus more on sex education, and you might make a difference.

Old 03-08-2020, 08:31 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just because I don't want to help careless adults raise their own kids it is not a conflict with murder by abortion for God's sake! Get a job and support them yourself. How hard is that?
But you want them to have the kids. I guess I don’t understand how the disconnect happens. “You must be born...so I can no longer care.“

But that’s what makes us different. You probably have as hard of a time understanding my pro stance while I have been involved in some way in helping kids for nearly fourty years.

Old 03-09-2020, 06:07 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,676,653 times
Quote:
It shouldn't be the taxpayers responsibility to pay for the care of babies born from careless adults. It doesn't matter that it's not my body we have laws against murder and that is the way I look at it. Never said I could change the status quo all I am doing is expressing my opinion. Since when is merely expressing my opinion forcing my views on others? If that's the case then isn't your opposing view doing the same? No one is telling women what to do with their own bodies it's the bodies of the human inside of them that we are talking about. Why don't they take responsibility for their own bodies by not engaging in unprotected sex? Land of the free doesn't mean a free for all which includes killing humans. You're attitude is what is garbage, IMO.
Sure sounds more like a judgmental demand for punishment than genuine concern for the fetus.

Sex, even with birth control, can cause pregnancy. It sounds like, in your ideal world, women would have sex IF AND ONLY IF they were willing to bear a child as the result of that sex. In that world, women (and therefore all heterosexual MEN) would have sex only two or three times in their lives. Is that an acceptable solution to you?

Old 03-09-2020, 07:01 AM

62,939 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Sure sounds more like a judgmental demand for punishment than genuine concern for the fetus.

Sex, even with birth control, can cause pregnancy. It sounds like, in your ideal world, women would have sex IF AND ONLY IF they were willing to bear a child as the result of that sex. In that world, women (and therefore all heterosexual MEN) would have sex only two or three times in their lives. Is that an acceptable solution to you?
How is it punishment to give birth to a little human being? You're totally off base with me. If I thought that having sex should only happen if one wants to get pregnant then why would I suggest birth control?

Old 03-09-2020, 07:26 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
How is it punishment to give birth to a little human being? You're totally off base with me. If I thought that having sex should only happen if one wants to get pregnant then why would I suggest birth control?
Um... by forcing someone to have a kid when they’re not in a position to have one.

You don’t seem to show any hint of realizing the amount of time and resources a kid requires or seem aware of the economic juggle a lot of Americans live.

Old 03-09-2020, 07:28 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Um... by forcing someone to have a kid when they’re not in a position to have one.

You don’t seem to show any hint of realizing the amount of time and resources a kid requires or seem aware of the economic juggle a lot of Americans live.
Exactly, if you aren't at least making $40k/year already, a kid is literally a life ruiner

Old 03-09-2020, 07:34 AM

16,050 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Opinion:
Some are more concerned of the movement outside in the streets than the movement on the inside of their bodies.
Show more self respect...

Old 03-09-2020, 07:36 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Have you ever been pregnant for 9 months? Have you ever given birth to a "little human being?" It is no picnic. It is also more dangerous medically than an abortion, especially an abortion in the early weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies