Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 12:39 PM

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What a ridiculous statement, the man has accomplished so much outside of the basketball arena, including funding and building schools for the underprivileged, his own HBO show, and multiple other ventures, many now only beginning to take root in L.A.. You clearly don't know anything about the man yet want to offer up your uninformed opinion anyway.
Maybe he smokes weed or something just before interviews.
Either way, he doesn't sound smart in interviews at all.
There are a lot of creative people who display stupidity on a regular basis, so 'building' a school or producing a HBO show tells us nothing about his level of intellect.
Anyway, he has no shortage of people stroking his ego, so I doubt my comments have damaged him for life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2020, 12:59 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Sounds like a self-entitled snob who got too big for his britches.

Old 03-07-2020, 01:17 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Then he shouldn't play. Sorry not sorry if this virus is cramping his style.

Old 03-07-2020, 01:21 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,219,603 times
Heck, just arrange a poker game for the two head coaches or owners. Winner gets credit for the basketball game.

Old 03-07-2020, 01:33 PM

15,844 posts, read 6,547,612 times
I get where he is coming from; the whole sports experience is about the interaction between the players and the fans. Take away the fans and it just becomes a scrimmage. I'll bet he'd rather play for free in front of fans, than get paid to play in an empty stadium. Take the Olympics, for example.

Old 03-07-2020, 01:51 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Yeah, Lebron really shoud have gone to college. Instead, at 17 yers old, he signed a contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers for 18.8 million dollars. Dumba** He shoullld have gone to Ohio State and played for free. Oh, his first Nike contract was worth $100.. That's million.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad.../#371115c16cfa

The interview where he talked about playing or not playing appears to have been after a game where a reporter asked for a comment about what the NBA had said. I don't know if he was expecting the question or not. At some point, I expect he thought about all the folks who watch from home including me last night as they beat the Bucks and the huge amount of monet that the NBA and the Lakers make from the TV contracts with ESPN/ABC and TNT

If you care, Lebron is playing some of his best basketball this year and has the Lakers playing great ball. He's my second favorite player on the Lakers though. I love the way Anthony Davis plays

Old 03-08-2020, 05:58 AM

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Kawhi Leonard is the best player in LA, not LeBron.
That's why Kawhi's team has beaten LeBron's team both times they've met this season, and Kawhi is the reigning NBA Finals MVP.

Old 03-08-2020, 06:05 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
It's all about the ego. And tell me again why we call overpaid athletes "heroes"? They're just grossly overpaid egotistic entertainers. Go to Sea World and watch a seal throw a ball through a hoop.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lebro...ronavirus-memo
I follow the NBA and Lebron is out of line here. If his contract says he's playing, then he's playing, regardless of whether or not there are any fans around to watch him.

Old 03-08-2020, 06:20 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
If he doesn’t play, then the sport declines. There is a larger television audience out there that he is ignoring. That is what makes him stupid.

And if it takes me to have to explain that to you, then you are not much better either.
You know they can postpone the games instead of playing in empty arenas right ?

Obviously, we dont know when this will be over, but most of the teams own the arenas they play in, and since they would be losing money by not having the games, im sure would gladly postpone the season/playoffs for a couple of weeks.

Old 03-08-2020, 06:27 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
LeBron plays because of the money period if that wasn't the case he would of gone to college at The Ohio State University graduated from there with a degree and several NCAA championships! Straight out of HS and into the pro's because higher learning was over his head!
If your career path is basketball, and you dont need college for it, then why would you go and waste years of productivity ?

I doubt you would tell a plumber he needs to go to college and get a degree in business, so why treat a basketball player differently ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies