Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 12:45 AM

88,804 posts, read 44,610,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Hurr-durr, correlation is not causation.
I didn't say it was. I said we know for a fact that Dem voters earn less than Republican voters and that intelligence is correlated to income. There is no evidence that those who earn less are more intelligent than those who earn more. The opposite is, in fact, true.

Quote:
Prove that “our entire education system...has been severely dumbed-down to accommodate political correctness”.
I did in my post (PIAAC results). And here's more info:

NAEP (Nation's Report Card) 12th Grade Results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2020, 01:12 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,095,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I didn't say it was. I said we know for a fact that Dem voters earn less than Republican voters and that intelligence is correlated to income. There is no evidence that those who earn less are more intelligent than those who earn more. The opposite is, in fact, true.

I did in my post (PIAAC results). And here's more info:

NAEP (Nation's Report Card) 12th Grade Results.
Your link fails to prove your statement.

Old 03-08-2020, 06:01 AM

88,804 posts, read 44,610,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Your link fails to prove your statement.
Look at the political affiliation:

The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients - Pew Research

Also, more low-income earners are Democrats (under $15,000: 63%), and the more own earns, the less likely they are to be a Democrat (over $200,000: 36%). That's why Democrat voters are always wanting more free stuff (single-payer health care, UBI, etc.) paid for by others, of course.

Economic Demographics of Democrats

And, yes, intelligence is correlated to income:

Quote:
"...by analyzing the slope of the standardized regression line predicting IQ from income, I find evidence that the true correlation between IQ and income (at least in America) is much higher than the 0.23 reported in a 2006 meta-analysis and even higher than the 0.4 correlation asserted by Arthur Jensen, and may even approach 0.5."
The correlation between IQ & income

It's not the GOP voter base that's stupid, despite frequent assertions otherwise (CNN, for example).

Old 03-08-2020, 08:07 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,514,124 times
Customer should have been shown the door and told they were not welcome back.

Old 03-08-2020, 08:22 AM

4,491 posts, read 3,700,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Customer should have been shown the door and told they were not welcome back.

Yep. Racist customers are not always right. They can be shown the front door if the business wants to do that.

Old 03-08-2020, 09:32 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,177,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Heres to hoping that employee calls you out online and you pay with your business. All because one customer was “right”.
For some, choosing who is right is linked closely to how well they agree or disagree with one's looks. This goes for both blacks and whites, but blacks usually can't practice such discrimination which would lead to someone else losing their financial wellbeing, because we do not have any real world power, so we are once again back to square one.

Old 03-08-2020, 11:45 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,095,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Look at the political affiliation:

The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients - Pew Research

Also, more low-income earners are Democrats (under $15,000: 63%), and the more own earns, the less likely they are to be a Democrat (over $200,000: 36%). That's why Democrat voters are always wanting more free stuff (single-payer health care, UBI, etc.) paid for by others, of course.

Economic Demographics of Democrats

And, yes, intelligence is correlated to income:

The correlation between IQ & income

It's not the GOP voter base that's stupid, despite frequent assertions otherwise (CNN, for example).
Your links and statements do not backup your claim that the poor test results stem from increased political correctness.

Old 03-08-2020, 11:49 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,779,154 times
Olive Garden was wrong. This employee was put in a very bad situation, should she please a customer, or what ? She tried to do what our companies always tell us, the customer is always right, and she was penalized for it.

I found out years ago, corporation have NO loyalty to their employees, if a customer complains, you are gone. So what was this employee supposed to do ?

Nope, Olive Garden was wrong here. I hope this lady sues the Hell out of them and wins big.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:14 PM

11,989 posts, read 5,271,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Here we go with The race card...why am I not surprised .
“The race card” is played in the form of white grievance threads posted here on a daily basis.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:19 PM

17,465 posts, read 6,789,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
“The race card” is played in the form of white grievance threads posted here on a daily basis.
The race card is played by ghouls who cheer for the death of older white people so demographic shifts will allow Democrats to finally win elections. I’m sure you’ve seen that many times on C-D, haven’t you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies