Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 12:28 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Perhaps the fear of losing a job or losing money will make some people think twice. There are still people who are bigots out there. However, I am hoping that the fear of losing money or a job will make them think twice. Maybe they will understand "don't do that".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2020, 12:28 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,112,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That manager got what was coming. No sympathy from me.
Managers that throw their employees under the bus a special type of scum...

Old 03-07-2020, 12:56 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If a customer wants all white staff, it should be up to them to find such a restaurant.

The customer isn't always right, and a restaurant should have the right to kick them out for any reason.

If a soul food restaurant in a black urban neighborhood wants to ban the white suburbanites who think it's trendy to go there, the restaurant should have the right to put up a "no whites" sign if they choose.

The government shouldn't force association on private property.
Here is the thing, that goes against the Supreme Court's ruling on Newman v. Piggie Park. Hell the Supreme Court got it inconsistently wrong with the recent baker ruling, even if it was against the handling of the commission. It is illegal.

Also given your past comments I'm pretty sure you are fine with racism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Yep, the white kid being falsely accused by the Native American and Jussie Smollett.

Let me just say, I'm surprised that there hasn't been many lawsuits about the strip club industry where customers can be very picky on who they want dancing for them.
Here is the thing with strip clubs and (legal) prostitution, it isn't for the most part discriminatory. I know for me I'm a white male that dates other races, I can say i'm attracted to some women over others. For instance I don't like rail thin women at all. I like more athletic and thicker girls. That isn't discriminatory. From there I do like redheads (never dated one but I can't say I don't like it) over blondes (which is weird since I have dated maybe three blondes). That too isn't discriminatory. Now lastly it can't be discriminatory if there isn't a black woman working or the white redheaded woman walks in before the black woman. Quite simply put there are too manu X-factors to say a strip club or prostitution is discriminatory.
A
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
The manager made a poor decision in a stressful situation with a screaming customer. That type of behavior should never be rewarded and the customer should have been asked to leave. That is if the story is true.
OK but that don't mean he was right in what he did. He should have been fired for encouraging the discriminatory behavior of this patron and potentially others. Had he not, he might have been fired but not as much of a sure thing honestly as it is for allowing a racist to ask for a different waiter based on race alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Anyone who sincerely thinks that “the customer is always right” has never worked in the restaurant industry.
Or even retail. Lots of deceptive or opportunist customers.

Old 03-07-2020, 01:16 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,033,009 times
Nope. You disrespect one of my employees, and I don't do business with you.

And beyond the simple dynamics of not letting a customer to verbally abuse your employees, there's a trust issue as well. Richard Branson put it, take care of your employees and they take care of you.

Old 03-07-2020, 01:16 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,761 times
Quote:

Sears was my first job. I was a cashier. Customer got mad over a price, and threw his items all over my register. This was black friday.

I wish I didn’t let that slide.

OP probably never held a retail job in their life...
My son and I sell and install pullout shelves for cabinets but we know nothing about retail...

Old 03-07-2020, 02:17 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,319,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope. Read the facts.
Lol lying about Dem voters vs who voted for Trump vs Hillary. Try harder.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ote-for-trump/

Well known that the high school and college dropouts propelled Trump to victory. The kind of gullible folks that probably got scammed by Trump U

Old 03-07-2020, 02:22 PM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Lol lying about Dem voters vs who voted for Trump vs Hillary. Try harder
There is no lie. Read the actual stats and educate yourself. Dem voters are predominantly stupid and low-income. Knowledge is Power!

Old 03-07-2020, 02:24 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,319,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There is no lie. Read the actual stats and educate yourself. Knowledge is Power!
Ignored education level in that entire link and focused on dem voters, not Hillary vs Trump voters. Seriously are you literate?

Having a college or professional degree allows one to see through the Trump BS far more easily. Makes plenty of sense.

I voted Romney and McCain and have been a straight ticket dem voter in the era of 45.

Old 03-07-2020, 02:30 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post

The Olive Garden customer sounded like a racist.
Based on exactly what?

I must have missed the video of the incident.

Old 03-07-2020, 02:32 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'll join that opinion.
So, if you were in charge of the school the red hat teen went to, you would have expelled him immediately?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies