Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump managing the coronavirus epidemic well?
Yes 89 36.48%
No 155 63.52%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 01:56 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I didn't.

I voted no bc our government has done its normal **** poor job of managing this.

This isn't new and we should have had robust protocols for this type of situation in place.

Not put the economy above public safety.
Well, what do you know. The economy and healthcare are more connected than conservatives ever thought.

Old 03-09-2020, 01:57 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Obviously you only see things in terms of partisanship. I see it more as what’s right and what’s wrong. And Trumpco has been doing a bang up job of the latter.

How so? What has Trump done wrong? All of his policies have done well for the country. The virus will pass, and will not nearly live up to the Media hype. Why is the virus a political issue? Why does the Media now make EVERYTHING a political, anti Trump issue? And you just mindlessly eat it up.

Old 03-09-2020, 01:59 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Not testing so that we can't see the numbers is not "doing a good job." Keeping cruise ships offshore because he doesn't want the numbers added to the country's total is not "doing a good job." Tweeting constantly about how it's all a hoax and FAKE NEWS! by the left to take him down is not "doing a good job."

Where does the "doing a good job" part come in?
Not testing? You think every Tom, Dyke and Harry should run down to the ER and get tested. You think they initially had the ability to test everyone. Ones who are at risk are being tested.

Should they just let the ship dock and let everyone off?

You don't have to check out his tweets. Its totally voluntary, so if your distracted by someones tweets it is your own fault.

Old 03-09-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
You're the one throwing cute little nicknames around and I'm partisan?

The poll results are partisan. Everything is partisan. It has been for the last three years.

I will ask again. How are the other 194 world leaders doing on their response to this illness?
Mostly better than Trump. But go start another thread and poll people if you want that answered.

So far 2 to 1 say Trump is not doing well at managing this crisis. I guess there must be 2 to 1 Democrats on this board then by your “reasoning.”

Old 03-09-2020, 02:02 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And if you live in reality, you know that it's embarrassing to live in what is purportedly the richest most advanced country in the world and yet we don't even have the means to test our population--something many other countries have managed to do quite well.

Reality is a very untenable state of being right now for anyone who thinks the U.S. didn't massively botch this from the start.
Which countries have tested their population?

Old 03-09-2020, 02:11 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,491 times
I honestly don't know what to tell you if you think him claiming its all a liberal hoax is "handling it well". Must be the same people that wouldn't have an issue with him shooting someone.

Old 03-09-2020, 02:11 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,726,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Which countries have tested their population?
China, South Korea, Italy, Japan... the countries who have lots of cases. We also have lots of cases, but without the tests being ready (because God forbid we use the same tests that the other countries are using...), there's no way to know how many people there are with the virus.

I live in a suburban area in Florida; there are confirmed cases having nothing to do with each other in my county as well as in the counties north and south of me. Obviously that means that it's out there infecting others in between. As of Friday, my doctor did not have access to tests. So saying that we have 500 people with the virus means nothing; those are only the sickest of the sick or the contacts of the sickest of the sick who were tested. I know several people who have gone to the doctor with flu-like symptoms last week or the week before and none were tested for coronavirus because the tests were not available. Supposedly that is supposed to improve by the end of the this week... we will see. You'll know if it improved when the numbers of the infected skyrocket.

Old 03-09-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
China, South Korea, Italy, Japan... the countries who have lots of cases. We also have lots of cases, but without the tests being ready (because God forbid we use the same tests that the other countries are using...), there's no way to know how many people there are with the virus.

I live in a suburban area in Florida; there are confirmed cases having nothing to do with each other in my county as well as in the counties north and south of me. Obviously that means that it's out there infecting others in between. As of Friday, my doctor did not have access to tests. So saying that we have 500 people with the virus means nothing; those are only the sickest of the sick or the contacts of the sickest of the sick who were tested. I know several people who have gone to the doctor with flu-like symptoms last week or the week before and none were tested for coronavirus because the tests were not available. Supposedly that is supposed to improve by the end of the this week... we will see. You'll know if it improved when the numbers of the infected skyrocket.
That reminds me of what Trump recently said about not wanting the cruiseship to dock in California because then the confirmed numbers of infected people will go up. So he basically said ignorance is bliss.

Old 03-09-2020, 02:17 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Yes, let an anti scientist like Pence do his job. He’ll probably start by burning witches at the stake.

You don't think Pence has the ability to organize and direct a team while being a spokesperson to report to the media?

He is not a doctor down in the weeds with the sick but he is a terrific organizer and we need a head guy to let us now what is happening. If this happened 5 years ago would you criticize VP Joe Biden for taking the lead?

Old 03-09-2020, 02:20 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Kudlow and Conway are claiming it is contained, that coupled with Trumps bizarre public statements this past week are problematic. His staff can’t stop him from talking he needs to stop and let the experts do the press conferences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies