Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump managing the coronavirus epidemic well?
Yes 89 36.48%
No 155 63.52%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 04:17 PM

16,266 posts, read 10,392,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
You state the obvious, if the economy goes into recession in an election year (even if it’s bc of something out of his control like Coronavirus) it increases odds of Bernie or Biden becoming the next president. In essence, China could interfere in our election (I know this virus is more serious than an election) through spreading a virus that damages the world economy. I still think Trump wins regardless.
2 weeks ago I would have agreed with you, when Sanders appeared to be the nominee Trump was a slam dunk. But things have changes since then and if the economy turns, and we are surely due for a recession of some level as these the economy is cyclical, and the market does not recover by November Trump's not even close to the sure thing most of his supporters believe he is.

Old 03-09-2020, 04:26 PM

16,536 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
So far it’s been a disastrous response by Trump and Co. Few test kits. Telling people to go to work if they’re sick. Doesn’t believe the mortality rates of the disease are as high as they are. This is what happens when science and logic are placed on the back burner by Trump. He may have even been exposed to it at a CPAC meeting. Time is critical and hopefully we haven’t wasted it all. At least Trump played a lot of golf this weekend.
Another pathetic attempt to blame Trump for XYZ.

Please link us to the threads/posts you created blaming Obama for the H1n1 virus outbreak which cost plenty of people their lives.
If one does exist, you wouldn't see posters like me blaming him, as he was not responsible for it. Neither is Trump.

Try putting partisan attacks away during a time of crisis like this, as all it will foment is further polarization of our country.
I can forgive those who hate Trump irrationally and want to blame him for a variety of things. That is all part of freedom of thought and speech.
However trying to blame him for a virus that is taking lives is well beyond the pale, and frankly despicable.

`

Old 03-09-2020, 04:31 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,745,177 times
I notice all the "no's" are Democrats.....

Old 03-09-2020, 04:33 PM

18,715 posts, read 7,595,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
JANUARY: "Racist Trump is unnecessarily impeding travel from China!"

TODAY: "Trump isn't doing enough, he waited too long, blah blah blah..."

These damned if he does / damned if he doesn't threads grew tiresome about 3 years ago.
You've been PAYING ATTENTION to these liberal hysterics for 3 years???

Old 03-09-2020, 04:35 PM

12,360 posts, read 9,462,379 times
Trump could improve his approach dramatically if he'd:

1. Stay out of the way and let the experts handle it
2. Stop lying to the American people on Twitter and in the news media about the situation

Old 03-09-2020, 04:39 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,743,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I put a no because he seems determined to do nothing. He's busy golfing, talking about his poll numbers, and defending himself from the big bad media.
Trump donated money to help create a vaccine for this virus.

I don't see filthy rich dem candidates like mini Mike or Tom Steyer donating any of their money.

Plus Obama did not donate anything to help combat the swine flu or ebola

Old 03-09-2020, 04:40 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,616,686 times
This Idiot is talking about a Payroll tax cut instead of the health crisis now.

Old 03-09-2020, 04:47 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
This Idiot is talking about a Payroll tax cut instead of the health crisis now.
This is clearly over the idiot’s head. He can’t help but to brag on his wonderful strong economy and he refused to answer any questions from the press since the doofus wouldn’t have any answers anyway. I wish that we had a George W, Obama or Bill Clinton in there who would bring us together- notice how he said that he would meet with Senate Republicans, I guess that Senate Democrats don’t count?

Old 03-09-2020, 04:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Those who compare this to the flu need to understand this is in addition to the flu. Think about how much harm the flu has done in the 2000 plus years of its existence.

It’s probably too late to not have this virus as something to deal with for a very long time but we can certainly act now to reduce future costs in both lives and money.

Old 03-09-2020, 04:50 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Your perception is not mine.

The media has mot definitely reminded us how deadly Flu a or B is.
They most definitely have said most Americans are at low risk from dying or getting very sick.
The media isn't freaking out.

They are giving practical, real information.

Wash your hands, minimize your exposure in big cities. Don't visit old people if you are in a high risk area...blah blah -- nothing dramatic...nothing hyped.

CPAC has one reported case and there are folks choosing self quarantine to reduce the possibility of sharing the virus. That's not panic -- it's just a good idea, being practical.

If you think that's hype and panic...that's on you .

You can give all that information and be responsible about it.

There is no justification in making it the headlines 24/7.

THAT'S deliberately blowing things out of proportion......for an agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.