Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2020, 09:49 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,897,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
..to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it....

...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government.
Are modern countries with more guns more free? No. Yemen has lots of civilian gun ownership.
Quote:
According to 2017 Small Arms Survey there are roughly 15 million civilian-held firearms in Yemen or 62 per 100 population, making Yemen 2nd most armed country in the world after the United States.
wiki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2020, 07:07 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Are modern countries with more guns more free? No. Yemen has lots of civilian gun ownership.
wiki
What's the point? Their freedom can change instantly depending on who is in power. Our Constitution remains regardless of who is here.

Old 03-22-2020, 07:38 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
OK buddy - you go try to buy or make a nuke and see what the FBI says about it.
While you and I vehemently disagree on the vast majority of 2A topics I'll say that I do agree about strategic weapons, nuclear in particular not being in the 2A wheelhouse.

Citizen arms I feel are in the realm and role of LWI. light weapons infantry. Mostly. But that does include a lot. Squad automatic weapons s such as the M 241 or 248, M 60 machine gun and such do fall in that roll.

And we can have those items though they are highly regulated and prohibitively expensive for most. I'm happy with my semi auto firearms. I prescribe to aimed fire o e area fire and full auto is mostly a waste of ammo that has become expensive and harder to replace.

Minus what I reload for. I wouldnt mind having a handgun caliber full auto sub gun like an MP5. Though I'd want it in 45 not 9mm. For...specialized social work.

But anyway you get the point.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:38 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Republicans stocked up during the Obama years. You seldom hear of them hoarding Ammo and Firearms anymore.

Just waiting for Beto to knock on the door at 2am and try to take them.
Obama was a worthless Prez but an excellent guns n ammo salesman.......and this guy is right all the NRA and hunters already stocked up........some could supply a small army......

Old 03-22-2020, 09:48 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,218,929 times
If the panic buying at gun stores is any indication, lots of Democrats/Progressives/Lefties have suddenly been gripped by the need to be armed. Suddenly, "AR-15" isn't a bad thing any more.

Old 03-22-2020, 10:14 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
wiki
HUGE difference between Yemen and the US, first off, they are not fighting for the type of freedom we are in the US, they carry weapons there to actually discourage what we would call freedom!

Old 03-22-2020, 02:37 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,897,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What's the point? Their freedom can change instantly depending on who is in power. Our Constitution remains regardless of who is here.
Yes. And our constitution says we VOTE people out of power. Guns and insurrection not needed.

So what if you needed to be in a militia to own a firearm? Is that really too hard? The militia would be made up of other 2A loving gun enthusiasts, wouldn't it? Why would they deny you entry into the militia unless you were some kind of nut-job? Let's say you are in a militia and a nutter like James Holmes wants to join? You say no and he can't get an AR-15. Isn't that a GOOD thing?

Old 03-22-2020, 02:42 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Yes. And our constitution says we VOTE people out of power.
And we gave retained the right to do so since the Revolutionary War. Thanks the the second amendment.

Old 03-22-2020, 02:46 PM

This is the scene in bluer-than-blue New York, while the Democratics in the House are trying to pass some new Draconian anti-gun measures. Either they don't watch much news or they're "fiddling while Rome burns". Good grief.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/c...212718224.html

Old 03-22-2020, 03:04 PM

Since this is a panic buy for many people, when this crisis ends (whenever that may be), there may be a huge number of new-in-the-box guns on the used market. I've got a feeling that many folks won't feel the need for a gun any more, or simply won't feel comfortable with having one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies