Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2020, 11:39 AM

882 posts, read 335,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I’m wondering that about you since the causes of death aren’t fitting your narrative, hence you edited the quote I posted from the article, lol.

Except we never talked about cause of death.

You specifically said death rate. Not cause. Rate.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:45 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
Except we never talked about cause of death.

You specifically said death rate. Not cause. Rate.
The virus was definitely talked about as cause of death and lack thereof. If it wasn’t, why did you edit the quote?

Old 10-21-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
The virus was definitely talked about as cause of death and lack thereof. If it wasn’t, why did you edit the quote?

Your claim here:

Quote:
I’ll wait for the total death numbers at the end of the year before jumping to conclusions. As it stands right now, they’re in line with previous years.
Doesn't exactly jibe with this

Quote:
All told, an estimated 299,028 more people died than would be expected in a typical year, which was defined as the average annual deaths from 2015 to 2019, the CDC reported.
I think one would argue that a 300,000 jump in deaths isn't really "in line" with previous years.

Old 10-21-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Your claim here:

Doesn't exactly jibe with this

I think one would argue that a 300,000 jump in deaths isn't really "in line" with previous years.
And as I said, I’ll wait till the end of the year before jumping to conclusions.

Why did you edit the quote that doesn’t fit your narrative? Because the death certificates don’t say Covid?

“Outside analyses, including some by The Washington Post and researchers at Yale University, have found two main causes for excess deaths. Many probably were the result of covid-19, although they were not recorded that way on death certificates. Others are probably the result of deaths at home or in nursing homes from heart attacks, diabetes, strokes and Alzheimer’s disease, among people afraid to seek care in hospitals or unable to get it.“

If those numbers are correct, it appears that “shutting it down” caused a whole lot more deaths.

Last edited by erieguy; 10-21-2020 at 12:02 PM..

Old 10-21-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
And as I said, I’ll wait till the end of the year before jumping to conclusions.

Actually, what you said was "As it stands right now, they’re in line with previous years."

Turns out that's not actually the case, so I'm wondering where your information came from since the above is sourced from the CDC?

Old 10-21-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Actually, what you said was "As it stands right now, they’re in line with previous years."

Turns out that's not actually the case, so I'm wondering where your information came from since the above is sourced from the CDC?
My link came from the CDC, same as the other posters.

You’re right, those latest numbers show that’s no longer the case....and the article shows that the virus isn’t the cause of obviously many of these deaths as the death certificates don’t say COVID, and shutting it down likely did much harm.

Why did you edit the quote I posted from the article?

Old 10-21-2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:
My link came from the CDC, same as the other posters.

You’re right, those latest numbers show that’s no longer the case....and the article shows that the virus isn’t the cause of obviously many of these deaths as the death certificates don’t say COVID, and shutting it down likely did much harm.

Why did you edit the quote I posted from the article?

Ahh ok. The only difference is that yours is a phantom link that doesn't exist and that you made up, because that's the only way you can get one that fits your narrative.

Either way, I'm glad you're able to admit that your numbers aren't accurate. It's a big step for you, congrats.

Old 10-21-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Ahh ok. The only difference is that yours is a phantom link that doesn't exist and that you made up, because that's the only way you can get one that fits your narrative.

Either way, I'm glad you're able to admit that your numbers aren't accurate. It's a big step for you, congrats.
Nope, sure wasn’t, and I wasn’t the only one that posted it.

I’m happy to admit when I’m wrong, you’ve just never been able to do it....and it certainly looks like shutting it down caused many deaths that aren’t virus related. I’m especially looking for end of year numbers in regards to total deaths/virus deaths.

Speaking of narratives, why did you edit the quote I posted from the article, lol?

Old 10-21-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Nope, sure wasn’t, and I wasn’t the only one that posted it.

Hmmm...I think you'll be hard pressed to find any mathematicians that would equate +300,000 to "in line with previous years"

Quote:
I’m happy to admit when I’m wrong

Awesome!

Old 10-21-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Hmmm...I think you'll be hard pressed to find any mathematicians that would equate +300,000 to "in line with previous years"

Awesome!
Lol. Maybe someday you’ll be the one to prove me wrong.

What about editing the quote? Are you upset the virus isn’t responsible for as many deaths as you think it is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies