Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2020, 11:34 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,900,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Any scientific evidence or links to this? Everywhere I go I see people wearing masks, and businesses won’t let anyone in without them.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sars-cov2.html

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7253999/

https://spj.sciencemag.org/journals/...6EQ#conclusion

I have no doubt you're perfect at wearing your mask like this guy, but scientific evidence proves mask wearing reduces spread of airborne viruses.

Spoiler

Old 11-18-2020, 11:41 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,106,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
We can't see into an alternate universe where people wear no masks. But the logical answer is without masks there would be even more cases. No one ever argued masks reduce transmission to zero after all.

Plus, many people don't use masks properly. Lots of people only wear masks when they are inside stores, and take them off as soon as they get out. Or they invite friends over their house for small get-togethers, and are unmasked there.
I’m not opposed to wearing a mask, and never have been. I simply believe that they do very little, if anything, especially with the cases.

I’d wager people didn’t just start wearing them incorrectly, and taking them off as soon as they get outdoors, or invite friends over for small get togethers, etc...

Old 11-18-2020, 11:42 AM

1,273 posts, read 1,634,742 times
Quote:
My retorts are legit questions. If masks work, why the cases?
Seat belts, birth control ..ever heard of them..ever used them? Seat belts reduce deaths but guess what...people still die with them on. Birth control...not 100% effective either. Are you really an idiot are do you just play one on a message board?

Old 11-18-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sars-cov2.html

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7253999/

https://spj.sciencemag.org/journals/...6EQ#conclusion

I have no doubt you're perfect at wearing your mask like this guy, but scientific evidence proves mask wearing reduces spread of airborne viruses.

I don’t see anything where people all of a sudden started doing things differently, yet there’s more cases?

Love the assumption. I wear a mask as it’s supposed to be worn. I simply don’t believe with the recent cases that it’s affective, or there wouldn’t be so many.

Old 11-18-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
Seat belts, birth control ..ever heard of them..ever used them? Seat belts reduce deaths but guess what...people still die with them on. Birth control...not 100% effective either. Are you really an idiot are do you just play one on a message board?
Great strawman argument, and the name-calling is classy. If masks work, why the cases?

Old 11-18-2020, 11:48 AM

3,708 posts, read 2,663,977 times
Masks obviously aren't working well, are they? Even though number of "cases" is basically meaningless, you could argue if masks were effective why are cases rising? In the end, we can't control every illness, etc. Lock ourselves away. It's just silly. I'd even argue masks are making things worse. The medical industry is a big failure.

Old 11-18-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I don’t see anything where people all of a sudden started doing things differently, yet there’s more cases?

Love the assumption. I wear a mask as it’s supposed to be worn. I simply don’t believe with the recent cases that it’s affective, or there wouldn’t be so many.

Evidence plain and simple, did you read it? Masks are effective if worn properly. Its not a debate, its a fact.

And yes, I just linked multiple, credible sources proving masking's effectiveness, yet you dismiss it as if I was telling you the world is round instead of being flat.

Old 11-18-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Evidence plain and simple, did you read it? Masks are effective if worn properly. Its not a debate, its a fact.
Yep, read it. I still don’t see anything where people all of a sudden started wearing them differently, causing the rise in cases? There’s obviously no way the entire country just did that.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Yep, read it. I still don’t see anything where people all of a sudden started wearing them differently, causing the rise in cases?

Anecdotal evidence proves absolutely nothing. How about this?

I see lots of people wearing them wrong, and it is causing a rise in cases. There prove me wrong.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Anecdotal evidence proves absolutely nothing. How about this?

I see lots of people wearing them wrong, and it is causing a rise in cases. There prove me wrong.
I asked why if they work, there’s so many cases? I still haven’t seen a valid answer, just deflection due to your anecdotal experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies