Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2020, 10:13 AM

2,109 posts, read 2,159,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
An additional 61 cases in Allegheny County today. A total of 219 confirmed cases and 31 hospitalizations.

It looks like we are a few days behind Cleveland and a week or so behind Detroit.

And 46% of the cases in Allegheny County are in the 25-49 age range. Pretty large number for a disease labeled “boomer remover”
I think you should seek shelter. Clearly the sky is falling.

Do you realize that the age band you just posted contains the largest portion of the population and an even greater portion of the people out working essential jobs? Also know that the mortality rate in that bracket is much lower than the rate as you go further up?

For all of its faults, Pittsburgh is seeming to fare well and locked down before it got way out of hand. As I have mentioned several times in other posts, it will be two weeks (maybe 10 days now?) before we have a better sense of there will be a leveling off or continued increase. Looking at this daily and trying to draw conclusions, unless the data is off the charts and can’t be explained any other way, is basically only hurting the unqualified people reading it and trying to draw conclusions.

Old 03-28-2020, 10:44 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,684,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I think Pittsburgh is the city to be in. We are doing a great job here and most likely will be less impacted than the likes of Cleveland and forget about Detroit. That will be a total mess up there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsStanwix? View Post
I think you should seek shelter. Clearly the sky is falling.

Do you realize that the age band you just posted contains the largest portion of the population and an even greater portion of the people out working essential jobs? Also know that the mortality rate in that bracket is much lower than the rate as you go further up?

For all of its faults, Pittsburgh is seeming to fare well and locked down before it got way out of hand. As I have mentioned several times in other posts, it will be two weeks (maybe 10 days now?) before we have a better sense of there will be a leveling off or continued increase. Looking at this daily and trying to draw conclusions, unless the data is off the charts and can’t be explained any other way, is basically only hurting the unqualified people reading it and trying to draw conclusions.
They are expecting 100,000 hospitalizations across the state at peak. Near the end of June. And this is with the current measures in place. Allegheny County will probably end up with thousands of cases at peak. I think who ends up better is relative at this point.

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/he...nes-Newsletter

Old 03-28-2020, 10:53 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,130,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
They are expecting 100,000 hospitalizations across the state at peak. Near the end of June. And this is with the current measures in place. Allegheny County will probably end up with thousands of cases at peak. I think who ends up better is relative at this point.

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/he...nes-Newsletter

Or pick the opposite view from the news. Seems the hospitals themselves are saying they are not short on supplies and are well prepared but no indication they will be overwhelmed.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...avirus-spread/

Old 03-28-2020, 11:48 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Booze stores not opening yet, but I think they will with curbside service at some point.

Here is a poorly written article on it with incorrect information, but that is the norm. You can of course get liquor at many locations around Pittsburgh even though the writer says you can't. Duh. Heck, you can even get it delivered.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/0...d-spirits.html
Thanks, and please don’t run out. I look forward to the later in the evening posts.

Old 03-28-2020, 11:53 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,130,675 times
Originally Posted by gg
Booze stores not opening yet, but I think they will with curbside service at some point.

Here is a poorly written article on it with incorrect information, but that is the norm. You can of course get liquor at many locations around Pittsburgh even though the writer says you can't. Duh. Heck, you can even get it delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Thanks, and please don’t run out. I look forward to the later in the evening posts.

I can bypass gg's ignore and just repost responses.....hmmm?

Old 03-28-2020, 02:34 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Originally Posted by gg

I can bypass gg's ignore and just repost responses.....hmmm?
He’s said he’s had me on ignore for years.

Old 03-28-2020, 02:43 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
In this time of SERIOUS issues - is it possible to stop griping about other members and stick to topics that actually relate to the topic?

Old 03-28-2020, 02:45 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,622 times
Quote:
I think Pittsburgh is the city to be in. We are doing a great job here and most likely will be less impacted than the likes of Cleveland and forget about Detroit. That will be a total mess up there.
Any logic or facts to support that opinion?

Old 03-28-2020, 02:47 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
some people still dont quite get it...

S I X F E E T.

idiots. murrysville is full of them.

Old 03-28-2020, 02:48 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Any logic or facts to share with that opinion?
Yeah our hospitals have very little going on. I obviously know a lot of top level physicians. All quiet in our area. Philly is another matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies