Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2020, 08:38 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times

Advertisements

I`m still trying to make sense of why there were people in line for testing at the zoo parking lot without a doctor`s referral. A hypochondriac`s dream. Who doesn`t know a few people who always claim to have something wrong with them?

Old 04-02-2020, 09:07 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I`m still trying to make sense of why there were people in line for testing at the zoo parking lot without a doctor`s referral. A hypochondriac`s dream. Who doesn`t know a few people who always claim to have something wrong with them?
if i had the time, i would definitely go. hey, its wiping the slate clean.

i am not going because of time....and also because i think that energy/resources is wasted on those hypochondriac's, or those people who might be unnecessarily concerned with being infected.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:35 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,131,042 times
Aside from a waste of resources and your own time, what is the point. Ok you get the test and you are clean, unless you are returning to your sanitized home that you are not leaving and no one else is either I am not sure how it changes anything. The moment you run to the store or someone else does and comes back you technically are not sure anymore.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:48 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Aside from a waste of resources and your own time, what is the point. Ok you get the test and you are clean, unless you are returning to your sanitized home that you are not leaving and no one else is either I am not sure how it changes anything. The moment you run to the store or someone else does and comes back you technically are not sure anymore.

Likewise, I see no need to waste resources for my own peace of mind. If you feel you have some symptoms, by all means get tested. But don't clog up the system for kicks.

Old 04-02-2020, 10:34 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
I agree. I am just interested in the anti-body test, to see if I already had it. Many people have had this and didn't know it. If you have had it you can get back to work and be on the front lines with no issues.

Here is a snippet, but keep in mind people that are asymptomatic will just gleefully fly under the radar and never be part of any statistics unless they get the antibody test. How many? Lots I suspect.

Asymptomatic and Pre-Symptomatic Infection

Several studies have documented SARS-CoV-2 infection in patients who never develop symptoms (asymptomatic) and in patients not yet symptomatic (pre-symptomatic).13,15,17-25 Since asymptomatic persons are not routinely tested, the prevalence of asymptomatic infection and detection of pre-symptomatic infection is not well understood. One study found that as many as 13% of RT-PCR-confirmed cases of SARS-CoV-2 infection in children were asymptomatic.13 Another study of skilled nursing facility residents infected with SARS-CoV-2 from a healthcare worker demonstrated that half were asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic at the time of contact tracing evaluation and testing.25

Here is more information on a test that will be available probably sooner than many think.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2020/...-of-reach.html

Old 04-02-2020, 10:53 AM

Oh yes, that is different. If you can get tested to confirm you had it and now have an increased resistance I would go do it. If for no other reason that to help provide more data for tracking, assuming it does not take away resources for those sick.

Old 04-02-2020, 10:23 PM

387 posts, read 471,214 times
And, if you have already had it & recovered-you may donate your blood to help treat people who have the severe form--Yes, they are looking for people to donate-they want your blood & antibodies-to help others boost their immune system.
*Especially people who have had mild or asymptomatic cases.*

Old 04-02-2020, 10:43 PM

I'd gladly donate but there is no way to tell if you had it and recovered unless you were tested during infection.

Old 04-03-2020, 02:30 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
My hypochondriac friend, who hasn`t been in the woods in years because he`s afraid of Lyme disease, went to Lowe`s yesterday because their charcoal was on sale. That place needs to be closed to everyone but registered master plumbers. Yes, my friend is an idiot and I`m sorry to say, he was a teacher for 32 years.

Old 04-03-2020, 06:39 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
My hypochondriac friend, who hasn`t been in the woods in years because he`s afraid of Lyme disease, went to Lowe`s yesterday because their charcoal was on sale. That place needs to be closed to everyone but registered master plumbers. Yes, my friend is an idiot and I`m sorry to say, he was a teacher for 32 years.
That seems like an extreme. Hardware items can be seen as a necessity, and many people are home and have to take care of their own repairs and maintenance. If the store and shoppers take responsible social distancing precautions, shopping at Lowes shouldn't be any different than shopping at Giant Eagle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies