Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 04:17 AM

26,507 posts, read 15,088,692 times

Advertisements

If it is racist to call the current coronavirus the Wuhan Coronavirus as some liberals are proclaiming, then isn't it racist to use the term white privilege?

Many diseases/troubles are known by names related to their origins:

The Bill Clinton administration labeled a different virus out of Wuhan in the 1990s the "Wuhan Coronavirus."

Lyme Disease from Lyme Connecticut.

Lou Gherig's disease from Lou Gherig.

Norwalk (Ohio) Virus.

Norovirus (named after the Norwalk Virus).

West Nile Virus.

Ebola (named after a river where it started in Africa).

Spanish Flu (likely didn't start there, but where it was believed to have started at the time).

Marburg (Germany) Virus.

Stockholm Syndrome.

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.

German Measles.

If Wuhan Virus is suddenly offensive we need to rename all of the above and more.

Why were people in China calling it the Wuhan Virus if it is racist? At least until the Chinese government said to stop using the term or you might disappear.

If using the term Wuhan Virus sparks hatred. Why wouldn't the term "white privilege" spark hatred and hoaxes against white people.

Like for instance, it might spark some black lady to hate enough to graffiti "white privilege" in front of a black owned business as we recently saw in the news. Hoax after hoax. Knock out games, etc...

Isn't it time liberals step up and demand that we call "white privilege" by a different and less racist and hate engendering name?

P.S. I don't even call it the Wuhan Coronavirus, but if it is racist to do so, isn't using the term white privilege?

Old 03-10-2020, 04:26 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Wait......

I thought Asians weren't subject to racism?

Wish the Social Justice types would make up their minds ......

Being a bigot is so confusing.....

Old 03-10-2020, 05:21 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
At least Wuhan is real unlike the made up bigoted term white privilege.

Old 03-10-2020, 05:43 AM

21,149 posts, read 19,729,843 times
Not to mention Black Death, which killed mostly white people.

Old 03-10-2020, 05:50 AM

2,324 posts, read 2,907,791 times
yes words such as "white nationalist" is racist

Old 03-10-2020, 06:16 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If it is racist to call the current coronavirus the Wuhan Coronavirus as some liberals are proclaiming, then isn't it racist to use the term white privilege?

Many diseases/troubles are known by names related to their origins:

The Bill Clinton administration labeled a different virus out of Wuhan in the 1990s the "Wuhan Coronavirus."

Lyme Disease from Lyme Connecticut.

Lou Gherig's disease from Lou Gherig.

Norwalk (Ohio) Virus.

Norovirus (named after the Norwalk Virus).

West Nile Virus.

Ebola (named after a river where it started in Africa).

Spanish Flu (likely didn't start there, but where it was believed to have started at the time).

Marburg (Germany) Virus.

Stockholm Syndrome.

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.

German Measles.

If Wuhan Virus is suddenly offensive we need to rename all of the above and more.

Why were people in China calling it the Wuhan Virus if it is racist? At least until the Chinese government said to stop using the term or you might disappear.

If using the term Wuhan Virus sparks hatred. Why wouldn't the term "white privilege" spark hatred and hoaxes against white people.

Like for instance, it might spark some black lady to hate enough to graffiti "white privilege" in front of a black owned business as we recently saw in the news. Hoax after hoax. Knock out games, etc...

Isn't it time liberals step up and demand that we call "white privilege" by a different and less racist and hate engendering name?

P.S. I don't even call it the Wuhan Coronavirus, but if it is racist to do so, isn't using the term white privilege?
It's not definitive that the current virus originated in China. It's definitive that white society oppressed others in this nation, for centuries.

Old 03-10-2020, 06:22 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,783,484 times
What utter nonsense.

Old 03-10-2020, 10:13 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,016 times
I call it the China virus, mainly because they are to blame and I hate the term Corona. This country still has free speech last I checked, and as I have no financial ties to China, “President” Xi” can’t threaten or censor me. The left strange liking to censoring is troubling though.

Old 03-10-2020, 10:35 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Wuhan is a race? Darn, here I was, thinking it was a city in China.

Old 03-10-2020, 10:41 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
this guy is right.
Quote:
The people who are angry that other people are noting that the coronavirus came from China are only expressing anger because they want to blame as much of it on Trump as possible and reminding people that it came from China limits their ability to attack Trump
https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/sta...39239282020352
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.