Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2020, 10:55 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
They are saving the tests and stockpiled masks for themselves.

Won't even open the national stockpile to give masks to the medical community.
The medical community has resorted to asking citizens to sew reusable cloth masks and donate.
We are on our own and have to help ourselves. We can't let the doctors/nurses get sick.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tjmccue.../#6ea5d9264e41

If you want to rally the world to your cause, think like a little bird and tweet. Hospitals and doctors are reaching out via social media to ask for mission-critical help in solving the shortage of N95-type masks during the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

Rally is probably not the right word. A significant movement, perhaps even a revolution of epic noble intentions, is underway in hackerspaces, makerspaces, and sewing groups to come together and solve a problem to save lives at risk with the Coronavirus.
Just tweeted my Congressional Representatives. One won't be of use since he is quarantined though...

Old 03-21-2020, 10:57 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump's allocation of resources to states is based on his campaign for office.
On March 11, Florida requested a cache of emergency supplies from the federal government to protect its medical workers against the novel coronavirus.

Three days later, the state got everything it wanted.

A state where the governor refused to close beaches, order stay at home and endangered its residents and the whole country with allowing spring breakers traveling from all over to travel to the state, behave irresponsibly and put folks in Florida & their home state at risk.

New Jersey got 6% of the supplies they requested.

If you don't think this will influence how people see this President......step away form the orange Kool-Aid
No doubt. Vast amounts of tests are available at a MegaChurch in AL which is tied in with the government there. It is about the last place that really needs that amount of tests.

Know the right people....government and church are one there.

Trump actually said it when asked about the ventilators (my paraphrase) "the smart people (governors) know to call me when I am outbidding them on equipment" - put another way, Kiss his Arse and some crumbs will be handed out.

Desantis did virtually zero other than ship cases by the millions to other states...until forced by public opinion here.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:08 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Trump actually said it when asked about the ventilators (my paraphrase) "the smart people (governors) know to call me when I am outbidding them on equipment" - put another way, Kiss his Arse and some crumbs will be handed out.

Playing politics with American lives because respirators are about people living and dying. End of story.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:08 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
Does anyone else wish we didn't have a reality TV star & his family in the White House? I guess qualified people should be hired for the most important job in the country.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:10 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
No doubt. Vast amounts of tests are available at a MegaChurch in AL which is tied in with the government there. It is about the last place that really needs that amount of tests.

Know the right people....government and church are one there.

Desantis did virtually zero other than ship cases by the millions to other states...until forced by public opinion here.
When the President of the country is acting as the agent of the Federal government to bid against states for life-saving equipment, there is something VERY wrong with the situation. It is basically pitting the Office of the Executive against the people of this country on a political basis. That is unconscionable.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:20 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
While Trump and Pence tout testing - a day late and a dollar short as they say, I see from multiple states now that testing is being reserved for medical people and possibly for high risk persons. The reason is that there is a shortage of masks and other protective equipment needed by medical people to treat the sick and that it is being wasted testing people for whom treatment would not change regardless of the outcome of a test. They say the virus is totally out of containment. The advice is now, just presume you have covid and stay away from others till you feel better.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:23 AM

2,486 posts, read 824,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
The problem with looking for antibodies seems to have largely been solved owing to research by Florian Krammer, a virologist at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.

The article is dated just 3/19/2020 so this is ground breaking news.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...virus-pandemic
This is more good news to add to everything positive. It seems to be rolling now.

We finally woke up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover20 View Post
Vote Biden in November then....
HAH! I like the sarcasm.

Could you imagine Joe trying to handle this?

10 Early Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer's
  • Memory loss that disrupts daily life. ...
  • Challenges in planning or solving problems. ...
  • Difficulty completing familiar tasks. ...
  • Confusion with time or place. ...
  • Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships. ...
  • New problems with words in speaking or writing. ...

He is hitting at least three of the major symptoms.

His VP will be the effective President if he wins. He has been forced to commit to a female, probably of color (his words). So, it will most likely be Kamala Harris.

He will lose in a landslide if he chooses her. Klobuchar is his his only hope.

Last edited by Originalist; 03-21-2020 at 11:32 AM..

Old 03-21-2020, 11:30 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Trump isn’t giving the American people hope with this virus when someone asked Trump “ what do you say to the people who are scared? “ he responds by NOT answering the question like always. Because in the end he has no compassion for anyone but himself.
Trump: 'I Say You Are a Terrible Reporter'
https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...u-are-terrible

He has so much compassion!

Old 03-21-2020, 11:42 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Does anyone else wish we didn't have a reality TV star & his family in the White House? I guess qualified people should be hired for the most important job in the country.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:57 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover20 View Post
sh!thole countries produce sh!thole products and diseases.

I labelled it the WuFlu Express. Identity politics at worst with this not being able to call it Wuhan Flu or the China virus.

The Chinese propaganda machine tried to blame U.S. soldiers for this pandemic. I bet one of the ministers of propaganda in the regime picked up on the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic, largely spread by u.s. soldiers.

Why aren't these reporters and apologists for the most ruthless regime in existence today mentioning this?

As far as Trump talking about this malaria medicine and stating there's some hope with it, what do people expect? The President of the United States is expected to say there's no hope at all? Then we have the WuFlu Express, no businesses, and the potential for complete social breakdown.

There's no point in hammering the Chinese over this virus. We're about to have a much worse outbreak than they did. You can blame another country, but this is going to be an American virus.

This country is worried about closing the borders to foreigners, while the reality is an intelligent government elsewhere would shut out Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies