Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2020, 11:18 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Most of us started watching this in China in Mid January why Democrats pursued a senseless Impeachment and distracting the Nation purely for Political reasons.
More BS.

By January, Trump was already impeached. Impeachment occurred mid-December.

The kangaroo "trial" in the Senate consisted of a few speeches, then Republicans voting, as expected, to let Trump continue undermining Congress and the rule of law. That didn't take up too much of January time.

Regardless of whether the Democrats were distracted or not, Republicans certainly were not.

Republicans warned each other. Some sold and bought stock to take financial advantage of their information.

Apparently, no one had the foresight to order masks/gloves/gowns, or ventilators.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:18 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Muchkin is now talking 4 TRILLION. Unbelievable. 30 trillion debt, here we come!

Also, one reason there is no deal is that Mnuckin wants it kept secret as to which businesses are being bailed out! This is perhaps the largest crime in history....right before our eyes.

Why would he want the spending of our money to be kept secret? Are these CIA black ops? Of course not!

Old 03-22-2020, 11:19 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Have you ever been to Texas? Half of it is completely empty. It has five huge urban areas.
Excuse fail.
Go ahead and explain how the Texas Gov. is so successfully handling this crisis which is better than the way New York Gov. is handling it.

The nation waits.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:20 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Name the last virus that infected 90% of the world in a few months?
This is panic hysteria, not justified science.

The Diamond Princess was a perfect petri dish for infection, yet 82% were never infected.
95% of those in close contact w/ infected in Wuhan tested negative.
Why this very basic fact is not publicized more is something I fail to comprehend!

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...hip-death-rate

Plus, there is also this:

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine...9-1b767def5894

The link is down, but one paragraph that stood from it was this (my italics and emphasis):

Dr. Paul Auwaerter, the Clinical Director for the Division of Infectious Diseases at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine echoes this finding, “If you have a COVID-19 patient in your household, your risk of developing the infection is about 10%. If you were casually exposed to the virus in the workplace (e.g., you were not locked up in conference room for six hours with someone who was infected), your chance of infection is about 0.5%” [end quote]

And here is still another article from the CDC:

https://www.acc.org/latest-in-cardio...ectious-agents

From the above (my italics and emphasis):

"The estimates are jarring: up to 440,000 hospitalized and perhaps as many as 36,000 deaths in the U.S. alone.

"The new coronavirus illness dubbed COVID-19? No, seasonal influenza.

"These are the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates of total flu burden in the U.S. for the current season: As of Feb. 22, the CDC estimates there have already been 32 million individuals infected with seasonal flu, 310,000 hospitalizations, and 18,000 deaths, 125 of them in children."
[end quote]

Now, imo, that is just as terrible as COVID-19 at THIS point, although my opinion could certainly change in a month! (And, no, I am certainly NOT making light of it -- and as I am a senior, I am voluntarily self-isolating -- but the point is that no one knows YET how bad that will be; and my opinion, at THIS point, is that this being blown WAY out of proportion.)

Last edited by katharsis; 03-22-2020 at 12:11 PM..

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Muchkin is now talking 4 TRILLION. Unbelievable. 30 trillion debt, here we come!

Also, one reason there is no deal is that Mnuckin wants it kept secret as to which businesses are being bailed out! This is perhaps the largest crime in history....right before our eyes.

Why would he want the spending of our money to be kept secret? Are these CIA black ops? Of course not!
Why would the businesses be kept secret?

What possible national interest would this serve?

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Go ahead and explain how the Texas Gov. is so successfully handling this crisis which is better than the way New York Gov. is handling it.

The nation waits.
Easy, you just test way less people and you magically get way less coronavirus cases.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Have you ever been to Texas? Half of it is completely empty. It has five huge urban areas.
Excuse fail.
I've been to Maine and know many from there. Many. Did a lot of business up there.

Please stop derailing the thread. I think people know that tumbleweeds don't get the virus and it occurs at travel points first....and colder weather helps it along...etc.

It's not rocket science that people in closer quarters are going to get it more. High incidence will occur likely among Government members. They travel. They are in close proximity.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:21 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,904,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

The nation waits.
YOU tell us how Texas has done so “bad”.......

Old 03-22-2020, 11:22 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Racking my brain to come up with a single opponent of Trump who would have sat on this for months while lying to people that it was no big deal instead of preparing.

Nope, can't come up with a single one.

In the 2 months Trump was lying by calling this a flu and lying by calling the media response a hoax, at the rate of growth exhibited by this virus we can estimate that it would have doubled in number at least 15 times.

So if there was only 1 case when he STARTED lying about it, then we can expect there were at least 32,768 cases flying under the radar by the time he STOPPED lying about it.
He had hunches. Hunches are more important than scientific facts to the ignorant.

Old 03-22-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Easy, you just test way less people and you magically get way less coronavirus cases.
Florida is doing that big time. In addition, they are sending 100's of thousands of potential infected people all over the country and world....on flights, etc. without checking them.

Out of sight, out of mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies