Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2020, 06:35 PM

12,430 posts, read 9,529,208 times

Advertisements

The hospital workers are begging for personal protective equipment!

"President Trump on Sunday rejected calls from governors, hospitals and others to direct companies to ramp up production of critical supplies for the coronavirus fight through the use of the Defense Production Act."

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...PNqNw.facebook

Old 03-22-2020, 06:38 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Very strange teleconference IMO.

I stopped posting here to focus on the Trump conference and all I was getting on the front end was meaningless word salad. He talked about all the really great progress we were making and threw out a bunch of numbers such as 82 thousand respirators distributed. I felt he was trying to dazzle us with his accomplishments without saying what they actually were.
When he started talking about all the government is doing for the VA during this crisis and I perked up as I'm awaiting the go ahead on major surgery at a VA hosp. ICU and all. But all he did was segue to the veteran's choice program as if he invented it and verbally wandered off telling us absolutely nothing that the government is doing for the VA during this crisis.
I came away sorely disappointed and confirmed in my belief that we elected a snake oil salesman to be president.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:41 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We will probably not but ought to remember those companies that shafted their employees and not give them our business when this ends.

On the other side of things, Macayos delivered free food for the nurses and doctors at the hospital where my kid is treating Covid patients today. Other places are giving them free takeout.
I know I will. Feld entertainment did but a lot of those cut are by season. Most Monster Jam tours are done now with a few per weekend lingering until Nay which they would see their World Finals event which is virtually all hands on deck. The rest of the year is mostly only two maybe three crews, not seven like it would be this weekend if they ran shows.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:43 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
The hospital workers are begging for personal protective equipment!

"President Trump on Sunday rejected calls from governors, hospitals and others to direct companies to ramp up production of critical supplies for the coronavirus fight through the use of the Defense Production Act."

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...PNqNw.facebook
You go to leftwing rags like "The Hill", and then you wonder why you get EVERYTHING wrong....

Here ya go, try educating yourself a bit:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/do-it-...-with-schumer/

OOOPS.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:44 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
This is only the beginning of the financial problem.
Where do you think all those retirement funds are invested?

Millions of retired workers, if they survive, will find out their retirement income they have been counting on is gone.

My prediction is housing values are going to drop for several reasons.

#1 Many who die as a consequence will no longer need their homes.
#2 Those that lost their retirement incomes will downsize or lose their homes.
#3 Foreign buyers in the US? Well not any more.
#4 Job market loss and loss of income from workers.

Housing values on average across the nation will fall around 35% and in high value areas like NYC and SF by 65%.

The rate in Italy is 10 times on a per person basis. So 8,000 new cases in a single day in the US is nothing. The US will soon have 800,000 cases and the figure will continue to climb.

Elections have consequences.
Yep....and we really don't even have to wait.

Trump tested this theory with his trade and tariff wars.

Foreign buyers stopped buying in NYC and many other areas. They yanked their kids out of colleges here.....
Almost no gains were made in the market since his "tax reform and tariff wars" - even at the highs!

Foreign buyers down 30-40%, Chinese buyer down 50%.

Prices falling big time in NYC - the biggest drop since 2010...and this was BEFORE the current mess.

Many "assets" will become liabilities...worthless or negative worth. Who wants to own a Cruise Ship? A Hotel? A House that costs a lot in taxes, utilities and upkeep.

I am sad for all...as you say, Elections definitely have consequences. There has never been a time in history when Hate and incompetence produced good results.

Looks like we won't be able to flatten the curve and we'll seen the hospitals especially in danger areas max out.

12,386 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
So what you are saying is the US was completely incapable of doing something like a poor country like the Philippines.

The US was completely incapable of observing what was happening around the world.

I am not saying Trump is the only person who completely screwed up and failed to act.

You mean like the Armed Forces of the Philippines putting people in a social distance detention for a few hours on the first offense breaking lockdown in Metro Manila?

Old 03-22-2020, 06:48 PM

12,430 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
You go to leftwing rags like "The Hill", and then you wonder why you get EVERYTHING wrong....

Here ya go, try educating yourself a bit:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/do-it-...-with-schumer/

OOOPS.
Even your sacred reference says "Asked at a White House press briefing of the Coronavirus Task Force whether he had formally used the act, which he invoked earlier in the week, the president was equivocal."

Old 03-22-2020, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Unlike Trump trying to blame China, no one is responsible for a virus. Trump is ultimately responsible for the safety of the American people. It is his most important task. But he ignored the obvious, he ignored science, he ignored the advice of everyone and down played the severity. He has exaggerated his performance and down played the severity for weeks resulting in the loss of valuable time when the country should have been prepareing. But his ego and self absorption, as usual, is his only concern.

Now he just appears lost and more incoherent than usual because it's becoming increasingly hard to spin this catastrophe as something he is in control of. If a plane is in a nose dive and you are the pilot, it becomes obvious pretty quick if you know what you are doing or not.
As i said earlier in above post in this very thread, some areas are already seeing hospitals packed. Those hardest effected areas cannot flatten the curve. Trump by doing what he has done to this point, he has failed to flatten the curve until it has been too late.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:51 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
During the next few weeks many Americans will finally realize that one of the stupidest decisions they ever made was to fly home to the US. I realized way back in February that it would be impossible for me to fly back to the US and take care of my octogenarian mother unless....

A. I put myself at risk of getting the virus by getting on an international flight.
B. I placed myself into quarantine before stepping into her house.
C. I excepted the risk of being in a country run by idiots that don't listen to facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies