Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2020, 09:02 PM

31,042 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Asia will NOT recover from this. SCM will no doubt move much of what is made there to Mexico and other nations in our region.

That is why China hung on so long trying to pretend they had not started a world-wide epidemic.
Indentured Servatude must think that all of Asia is one country

Old 03-22-2020, 09:03 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Indentured Servatude must think that all of Asia is one country
No...I don’t.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:05 PM

300 posts, read 148,944 times
Default What about Dr. Charles Lieber?

I agree, this does look suspicious. I always suspected future wars would be biological, but didn't expect it before they brought the internet to a halt. Interesting story about the Harvard professor...

Federal Agents arrested Dr. Charles Lieber, chair of Harvard University’s Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, with lying to the Department of Defense about secret monthly payments of $50,000.00 paid by China and receipt of millions more to help set up a chemical/biological “Research” laboratory in China. Also arrested were two Chinese “Students” working as research assistants, one of whom was actually a lieutenant in the Chinese Army, the other captured at Logan Airport as he tried to catch a flight to China – smuggling 21 vials of “Sensitive Biological Samples” according to the FBI.

Oh, almost forgot. The research lab the good professor had helped set up? It’s located at the Wuhan University of Technology. Wuhan China is ground zero to the potentially global pandemic known as the “Coronavirus”which is both spreading rapidly and killing people.

This is Stephen Coonts international spy novel stuff happening in real life – and it has barely made the news.

Here's more on the matter:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/harva...-china-related

Last edited by DaneThornberg; 03-22-2020 at 09:54 PM..

Old 03-22-2020, 09:05 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Pretty simple.

The population of Wyoming is about 580,000 over 98,000 square miles. That's a population density of fewer than 6 people per square mile. Even small cities have more population than the entire state. New York City has more people in the southern tip of Manhattan than the entire state of Wyoming. And with the density of Wyoming, only 140 people would live in Manhattan. Plus, Wyoming is essentially a flyover state with very little tourism or visitation, surrounded by rural states. Hard for a disease to come in when no one brings it in.

West Virginia is much the same. Population density of only 74 people per square mile and a state which very few people visit. It is more surrounded by populous states and might have some more pass-through traffic, but it's largely an island in the middle of the east coast.
Per Business Insider Wyoming is the 35th most visited state in the U.S.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:07 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
In fact, the research team found that the SARS-CoV-2 structure in general is quite different from what humans would have likely concocted. If a human had wanted to create a viral weapon, he or she would have started with the structure of a virus that’s already known to cause illness in people. Naturally, if you want to make a weapon, you may want to start with something like a grenade launcher rather than a smoothie maker, not that the virus looks like either. Instead, the structure of SARS-CoV2 is quite similar to those of viruses known to infect bats and pangolins.'

If I were to pick up a rock and start bashing in your head with it, would you argue that the rock could not possibly be considered a weapon because I did not make the rock?

Whether or not coronavirus could be a bioweapon is based on whether it was used with intent to harm not whether it is engineered or natural.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:08 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
0 coronavirus deaths in Russia
Yeah, just like zero deaths in North Korea.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:12 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Conspiracy theories are rarely, if ever, true.

Also, why would someone create a bioweapon and release it first on their own population?
True. But conspiracy theories always walk close enough to a kernal of truth that they are easy to ponder when searching for answers

Old 03-22-2020, 09:13 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
This being my point. If everybody deicided to flood into the rural areas they would no longer hold the reaosn to live there in the first place. Yet some still chide others for not making that moc=ve. Just seems odd to me.

Once DH and I can retire for good we plan to move to a rural area and hope not everybody is doing the same thing. We can't dp it now based on our jobs.
I get that. When we told people in southern cal we were moving to Wyoming after decades in southern cal they’d say lucky us. People can’t and or won’t move because of work and or family. Many of our friends and family had left over recent years and we have our own business so it was easy for us. Good luck to you. Do your research and checkout places thoroughly.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:23 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Shhhhh. I moved to Wyoming last year and it’s a horrible place. Nothing to do here. Boring. No need for anyone from any big city to waste their time visiting here. Big cities are the place to be.

People should instead visit Hollywood, Disneyland, The Windy City, NYC, Frithco. Thank you. :-)
Wild guess, you are saying those things because you want people to stay away from a state that YOU live in. That's not going to work on someone like me. I would actually like some of the things Wyoming has.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:27 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,861 times
Don't envy us in WY too much. We're also a very low priority for medical supplies in addition to groceries and non-food items.

As pretty as it is the fact that we have little water and even less arable land means we can't support many people or commerce. Some say you have to be able to eat the scenery in order to survive.

The initial cases of the Wuhan Virus that we have were all brought in by people who had traveled to the West coast. Then it became community spread.

Will we have deaths? It's likely. Hope not. But it's likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies