Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 07:20 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,551,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Do we even have comprehensive testing available in each state for every single person? If not, this is a huge fail.
No, we don't. Really, New York is the only state getting ahead of the curve on testing at this point.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:23 AM

2,962 posts, read 1,147,173 times
This is a click bait Thread!!

Old 03-23-2020, 07:25 AM

2,102 posts, read 990,775 times
So COVID-19 affects older males significantly more.

Well ain't that just grand for the Democratic Party! What a convenient way to get rid of a large percentage of Conservative voters!

It is also very coincidental that this crisis popped up right around the time Impeachment efforts failed.

Let's look COVID-19's impact so far:
  • the Stock Market has lost more than 33% of its value;
  • Unemployment is expected to skyrocket to 30%;
  • the American way of life has come to a complete standstill;
  • Martial Law may be soon be declared;
  • the Presidential campaign is suspended indefinitely;
  • political rallies have been called off and campaign workers are sheltering in place; and
  • the MSM has created a frenzy like never before, and places ALL the blame on President Trump!;

All great for the Democrats, no?

Old 03-23-2020, 07:27 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,433,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
Oh, God, I sincerely hope this sub/forum doesn't represent US of A.

All of these that is just a flu and less than 1% types have a serious flaw in their arguments. And it is, among other reasons, because you don't even want to virtually peek over your own fence. And take a look at Bergamo, Italy, for instance. Yet, you are all over the place literally. Like your idiot Kansas senator. Nice example he set there. With his going to the gym, swimming in the pool. He will recover, after being given the best care. The rest of you will go Dodo.

Italy is a EU country, but resembles US in this aspect: it is rich and messy, with high inequalities. In this mess, it is the rich north that messed up the poor south, too. Their idiots traveled home south and infected their relatives. All because their government didn't take things seriously enough in the beginning.

Yes, it is the communist China where the thing started, but it is the capitalist West with its concerns about tourism and economy in general, that perpetuated the calamity. And you have enough of the greedy element that doesn't give a **** for their fellow Americans. Only for their profits and their own wellbeing. Just look at those lowlifes and their stock selling when they heard about the virus through their privileged status. What did they do for their fellow Americans? Jack ****. Also note, their efforts in taking care of their own affairs is pretty much - bipartisan. Yes, your both parties fundamentally suck. While you are arguing among yourselves which one sucks more. As if it matters.

First, understand that your health system is working for those who have money to pay. Even in the time when health systems of some poorer countries like mine, albeit grappling with its own crumbling infrastructure, are doing their best to work for everybody.

Then, understand, that you have no reliable data on this. Because your own political elite is downplaying this, because you are a huge place and pretty much not united at this point - long story - and there are probably reasons I can't think of right now. So, you won't know where you are standing at any point in time.

This uncertainty and lack of real info, coupled with the fact that you are a huge place, is the most fertile ground imaginable for spreading rumors and panic that can reach monstrous levels. Now, this can add an enormous contribution to the mess, but you won't be able to stop it.

Listen to the experts, for God's sake, people.

Here
We need an immediate five-week national lockdown to defeat coronavirus in America
It never ceases to amaze me how better educated people are about this country who live in other countries.

As I've said, America is one of the last ignorant developed countries in the world. Need evidence? Listen to our President.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:33 AM

29,884 posts, read 11,477,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Of course it’s mostly ChIna’s fault. And the average American realizes it. Libs are desperately hoping the average American will aide with China against the United States but that isn’t going to happen
I am not a liberal. In fact I was fine with Trump and the trade war. It was long overdue.

But you need to put blame where it belongs.

If Trump screws up the response to the virus its Trump's fault. Its like if someone gets in a car accident where they other driver is at fault. They are rushed to the hospital where the ER doctor performs an incorrect procedure which causes permanent brain damage to the individual. You can't blame the brain damage on the person who caused the accident. The doctor has to be held accountable for his mistakes. As the other driver is at fault for causing the accident. Yet Trump defenders blame China for Trump's errors during this crisis.

Later we need to deal with China on this. After the virus has been contained. International pressure needs to be put on them to stop selling wild animals for food in their markets. And we need to limit how much of their crappy products we buy. If anything this virus shows how dependent we are to China for so many products. That is a national security risk that needs to stop.

But Trump people need to stop mixing up two different issues. Trump wants to blur both issues and avoid blame. That is where I draw the line.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:36 AM

52,257 posts, read 34,016,697 times
Surgeon General has coronavirus warning: 'This week, it's going to get bad'

i believe it.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:37 AM

17,648 posts, read 13,489,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Yet there's dheads on this board who ask "wHy dO wE gOtTa StOp ThE cOuNtRy FoR a SmAlL pErCeNtAgE Of pEoPle!?".

Because they're our parents/grandparents/uncles/aunts/sick family members you damn pricks...
I'm old and I have an idea. Send all those spring break girls to my house for their sequester. At least I'd die happy.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:38 AM

34,139 posts, read 18,403,964 times
This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen, especially on a global scale. Just insane.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:38 AM

33,501 posts, read 37,009,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It’s good that we have the numbers of infected reaching those of Spain and Italy but we don’t see hospitals overrun yet or high death rates. Our great healthcare system is holding up well compared to Europe. If we practice Trump’s social distancing plan we could come out of this with just a few bumps.
Trump's social distancing plan??? When did it become Trump's plan? You don't see hospitals over run....Just wait a week.....

Old 03-23-2020, 07:39 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,685,446 times
Wonder what the carbon foot print of that group is?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies