Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2020, 03:18 PM

43,059 posts, read 18,223,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
That is a very plausible possibility. Also what about what we get as babies (inoculations) for various diseases such as mumps, measles, polio, etc. etc. Is there any possibility that being immunized for such diseases can also prevent coronavirus?

I'm taking into account that I've met so many people from various countries throughout Asia and so many of them always seem to come down with chicken pox when they come to the US to live. Also in Iran, I've been lead to believe that they don't wish to vaccinate babies for things such as polio. I'm wondering if there is any correlation between not being vaccinated / exposed to various diseases and the coronavirus.

Only time and research will tell for sure.
Or maybe not.

They still don't know why the 2009 pandemic hit Hispanics harder then other races.
And that was over 10 years ago.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
That doesn't have the $1000 checks though.
It is what it is. This is the bill they've been working on all weekend and into the week.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:24 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Friend of mine in Oregon says a fellow church goer died and they initially had it as a heart attack, autopsy showed corona virus......yes her heart gave out but it was because of her body fighting the virus.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:26 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,204,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
That doesn't have the $1000 checks though.
did anybody in the Administration ever say $1,000 checks?

another link:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trea...ry?id=69669107

Quote:
The Senate is expected to pass (update, they have) a previous measure -- the Families First Coronavirus Response Act -- Wednesday afternoon, which represents the second phase of Congressional efforts to ease the impact of the pandemic, including free coronavirus testing for everyone who needs a test, paid emergency leave, expanded unemployment insurance, food security and increased funds for Medicaid.
Quote:
Once that bill is passed, Congress is expected to quickly craft a third wave of appropriations – which could include much of what the Treasury Department outlined Wednesday and previewed by Secretary Steve Mnuchin to Senate Republicans on Tuesday.
Quote:
The proposal, obtained Wednesday by ABC News, would authorize two $250 billion rounds of direct payments to individual taxpayers, with the first payment issued beginning on April 6. Another wave of payments would be distributed to taxpayers beginning on May 18.
Quote:
President Trump refused to place a dollar amount on the payments during a news conference Wednesday afternoon, although Treasury proposed for the payment amounts to be fixed and tiered based on income level and family size, and each round of payments would be identical in amount.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:29 PM

20,099 posts, read 9,003,220 times
thank God Trump is President instead of Obama. If Obama was, we'd lose millions of people to this virus, look at the mess Obama and Biden made of the swine flu disaster. thousands and thousands dead.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:30 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Quote:
So, from what I've been told by another member on this forum, the very first confirmed coronavirus death in Italy was on February 22nd, which is roughly 25 days ago. Between the time of the first confirmed death until today the number is now at 2,978.

According to Google, the first confirmed case of coronavirus within the US was in January. I've not found any specifics on exact date of the first death within the US. But as of today, 112 people within the US have died from the coronavirus.

There's obviously a reason that Italy is experiencing much greater numbers of death from the coronavirus compared to what the US is experiencing within basically the same timeframe.

Iran is no exception. Why is Iran experiencing much greater numbers of death from the coronavirus compared to what the US is experiencing within basically the same timeframe.

You are comparing first reported death in Italy to the first confirmed infection in the US.

Experts that I have seen said that the US is 10-14 days behind Italy.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:30 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,778 times
Notice how India has nearly no cases at all of the coronavirus? As of two days ago, they've only had something like 125 cases, unsure of any deaths at this point. That's amazing due to the fact that India is one of the most populated countries on the planet. Could it be their diet? Nepal has only 1 case.

I found this interesting. Chart showing cases / deaths per country throughout the world:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...070959786.html

Iran, Italy and China are leading the world in coronavirus deaths.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:32 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Quote:
Notice how India has nearly no cases at all of the coronavirus? As of two days ago, they've only had something like 125 cases, unsure of any deaths at this point. That's amazing due to the fact that India is one of the most populated countries on the planet. Could it be their diet? Nepal has only 1 case.

I found this interesting. Chart showing cases / deaths per country throughout the world:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...070959786.html
How many people have been tested in India?

It's easy to show low numbers when you aren't testing. That is currently the problem here in the US. We are showing lower infected rates because of our serious lack of testing.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:46 PM

9,319 posts, read 16,657,325 times
I have yet to hear a media report how many of the total in the US are hospitalized; how many are severe cases; how many are mild; how many people have recovered.

I can't listen to the constant barrage of news, which IMO is causing the panic buying and shortages.

Thanks to the liberals whining that Trump wasn't doing enough, it became a National Emergency and they're still complaining he should do more. People will lose their jobs, businesses will close, the stock market is in free fall and I have yet to hear the TRUE statistics stated above.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:49 PM

20,099 posts, read 9,003,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Frequency of smoking and/or the age of the population?
90%+ of these people dying had one foot in the grave to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies