Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2020, 01:39 PM

53,275 posts, read 35,008,802 times

Advertisements

Trump deploying hospital ships to coronavirus hot zones

Old 03-18-2020, 01:40 PM

43,658 posts, read 18,696,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I hope so, but I don't have any data to back it up.

Look, I'm not making crap up to make politicians look bad. Objectively and statistically, there is no reason to believe we are not going to be a bigger version of where Italy is now within 14 days. That's my concern and it makes me sick that the majority of Americans are either misinformed or fail to grasp that fact, because they will suffer for it along with the rest of society.
martial law is the last resort but that is where we are heading because Americans WILL NOT change their social behavior.

We will have no one to blame but ourselves.

Old 03-18-2020, 01:41 PM

15,682 posts, read 10,472,252 times
Quote:
Yea, I don't understand the view that the President is above criticism or that his actions today somehow justify his more significant and impactful mistakes yesterday.
the president isn't omniscient. this world health crises is unprecedented.

Old 03-18-2020, 01:43 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,611,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the president isn't omniscient.
You don't need to be omniscient to know that telling people lies like that we have a global pandemic under "tremendous control" and that it will "miraculously disappear" in April is grossly irresponsible and likely to encourage people to conduct business as usual when protective steps were the better course. His comments were consistently at odds with his own health advisors.

I'm sorry, by I'm not willing to accept "well, nobody's perfect" as an excuse when someone intentionally throws gasoline on a fire instead of water.

Last edited by TEPLimey; 03-18-2020 at 01:51 PM..

Old 03-18-2020, 01:44 PM

38,933 posts, read 24,021,034 times
Quote:
the president isn't omniscient. this world health crises is an unprecedented for over a hundred years.
So we can't have things Trump has done to this point we complain about?

Old 03-18-2020, 01:46 PM

7,448 posts, read 2,848,873 times
Quote:
the president isn't omniscient. this world health crises is an unprecedented for over a hundred years.
I don't see what omniscience has to do with it. Obama wasn't omniscient either but he installed a pandemic team that is now dismantled.

100 years is not a very long time in the grand scheme of things, nature can and will reel back and give our species a slap every so often - we should learn from the experience of our forefathers because it is better than learning by experiencing it ourselves.

I guess for some people, watching Billy burn his hand on the stove is not enough, they have to burn their own hands on the stove to truly learn a lesson.

Old 03-18-2020, 01:49 PM

43,658 posts, read 18,696,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
I don't see what omniscience has to do with it. Obama wasn't omniscient either but he installed a pandemic team that is now dismantled.

100 years is not a very long time in the grand scheme of things, nature can and will reel back and give our species a slap every so often - we should learn from the experience of our forefathers because it is better than learning by experiencing it ourselves.

I guess for some people, watching Billy burn his hand on the stove is not enough, they have to burn their own hands on the stove to truly learn a lesson.
It is when you now have 4 generations that have never experienced something like this in their life times.

The 2009 pandemic was nothing compared to this. It was clusters in certain spots and they had a vaccine rather quickly.
Many posters not in the heavy hit cities don't even remember it. I do because I was in Texas and saw the tents in the parking lot of the hospital.

This one....everyone will remember.

Old 03-18-2020, 01:50 PM

7,448 posts, read 2,848,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It is when you now have 4 generations that have never experienced something like this in their life times.
Fair enough, so we burn our hands on the stove and relearn the lessons we lost then I suppose.

Old 03-18-2020, 01:51 PM

15,682 posts, read 10,472,252 times
Quote:
You don't need to be omniscient to know that telling people lies like that we have a global pandemic under "tremendous control" and that it will "miraculously disappear" in April is grossly irresponsible and likely to encourage people to conduct business as usual when protective steps were the better course. His comments were consistently at odds with his own health advisors.
Yet, he shut our borders. stopped international flights. proposed congress give laid off workers stipends. this is a very bad time in america. there is no doubt this virus will affect us all for a long time.

Old 03-18-2020, 01:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,906,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
TDS has has never stooped to a lower level. People are dying, frightened, out of work, can’t pay their rent and mortgages and stressing about this very serious epidemic and these bottom feeders knock Trump on his CV decisions while this virus hit us like an atomic bomb and it takes time to get real info and plan and get the info and plan out and with this virus plans change daily.

It’s one thing hating or hammering Trump for decisions outside of this virus. Only a complete jackazz would hammer any admin for doing the best they can with what they have at a time like this.

Disgusting pigs. You know who you are.
You are displacing your anger chap. FYI, Trump denied and minimized the coronavirus for months. Trump is our president and had the power to implement resources much earlier to prevent or reduce this crisis in the US. Instead, trump used the coronavirus as material to make fun of the Democrats at his jackass rallies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5TZ6fTYrsE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies