Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 11:09 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I believe it is mostly spin, and probably a little bit of just how Biden is. I seem to recall that Obama didn't really let Joe speak too much.

With Biden being more likely to "gaffe", I have to say it brings memories of Dan Quayle. LOL
O'Biden has had more crazy gaffes in the past two weeks, than he had for the last two years as VP. Is that because Bama didn't let him speak in public? Os is it more likely that he has been deteriorating in the past couple years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2020, 11:10 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
The difference is, Biden will surround himself with competent people and he will allow them to do their jobs without having to bow down to him and praise him continually to keep his fragile ego fed. He will listen to the experts and make decisions based on their expertise, not his big fat "gut."

With Biden we will know the government is in capable hands, not in the hands of people who are in high positions merely because they contributed to his campaign or spent enough time on their knees before him that he rewards them with a cabinet post.

The Trump experiment has failed. Time to cut our losses and move on.

Old 03-11-2020, 11:11 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,205,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
O'Biden has had more crazy gaffes in the past two weeks, than he had for the last two years as VP. Is that because Bama didn't let him speak in public? Os is it more likely that he has been deteriorating in the past couple years?

I truly believe it's because there is more opportunity to mess up. The press is around him 24/7, campaigning is stressful and exhausting. In all honesty, all candidates have done it. There's just more witness to it now (everybody's got a camera).

And I say this as someone who will not vote democratic.

Old 03-11-2020, 11:29 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Except I'm sure you're not a doctor and even if you were, you didn't diagnose him. My sister is a psychiatrist and yet she hasn't made a statement about Joe Biden even though she is infinitely more qualified to do so.
Anyone with common sense knows Biden is showing signs of dementia. If your sister can't see that, she's a low IQ person.

Old 03-11-2020, 12:00 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
As I'm not a doctor and I can't say for sure, but I'd bet that there's something going on with him. The way he's losing his temper along with how when he speaks he doesn't just gaffe and say the wrong words, he clearly loses his train of thought mid sentence, I've seen a couple clips of him doing that. I get that we all make those kinds of gaffes and as we get older we happen a bit more, but for him the be the big baller of the world it's something to at least think about. The clip of him confusing his wife and sister was misleading, a lot of people jumped on that one as it looks pretty bad, but in the interest of being fair the sister and wife were slightly behind him they could have been moving around so we can't say for sure that he screwed that one up.

None of the other 70 plus year old candidates displayed the same level of, let's say we call it forgetfulness, as Biden has throughout this primary season.

Old 03-11-2020, 12:04 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
As I'm not a doctor and I can't say for sure, but I'd bet that there's something going on with him. The way he's losing his temper along with how when he speaks he doesn't just gaffe and say the wrong words, he clearly loses his train of thought mid sentence, I've seen a couple clips of him doing that. I get that we all make those kinds of gaffes and as we get older we happen a bit more, but for him the be the big baller of the world it's something to at least think about. The clip of him confusing his wife and sister was misleading, a lot of people jumped on that one as it looks pretty bad, but in the interest of being fair the sister and wife were slightly behind him they could have been moving around so we can't say for sure that he screwed that one up.

None of the other 70 plus year old candidates displayed the same level of, let's say we call it forgetfulness, as Biden has throughout this primary season.
Trump displays the same behavior on a regular basis. We need an upper age limit.

Old 03-11-2020, 12:07 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Trump displays the same behavior on a regular basis. We need an upper age limit.
No, he doesn't, politics aside and objectively speaking he really doesn't the same way Biden does. I'm not even a trump fan really and I see that he does trips up sometimes, but not like ol Biden.

I think if people are intellectually honest they'd tend to agree here.

Old 03-11-2020, 12:10 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
I believe so. He is acting very similar to how my father acted when he started down that path. It was terrible to watch especially since my father knew exactly what was happening. And I assume Joe is aware of something being wrong as well. My father would get very angry at times when he would make some basic gaff/memory issue, he was mad at himself for not knowing the answer. This behavior seems very similar to how Joe is snapping at possible voters, something he has done several times now and something no Politician would normally ever do.

If this is true and his family is aware of it they should be ashamed of themselves for letting him put himself into the public fray. Having seen the difficulty and shame my father had I don't want to see another human being have to deal with it, especially in the public eye. Not even someone I would be unlikely to vote for.
That's sad. But many people I know who have been around dementia patients say something similar.

Old 03-11-2020, 12:11 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
It is clear that Biden is not qualified to run given his deteriorating mental health.

It would be dangerous to elect such a candidate. Never before has any candidate demonstrating such blatant and chronic confusion been allowed to continue.

This is out of the norm, beware!

Old 03-11-2020, 12:15 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
No, he doesn't, politics aside and objectively speaking he really doesn't the same way Biden does. I'm not even a trump fan really and I see that he does trips up sometimes, but not like ol Biden.

I think if people are intellectually honest they'd tend to agree here.
So you think anybody who doesn't agree with you can't be thinking intellectually -- lololol. That is funny.

Intellect has nothing to do with it -- feelings -- that's all it is -- feelings.

Biden has been campaigning for over a year. Last few months quite intensely. That requires two three, four events a day. Constantly being recorded, taped, etc. He's going to trip up. Have you ever been really tired -- you mix up words, you forget names...etc. It happens.

Joe Biden didn't jump into the campaign. He took quite a bit of time to think about it. It wasn't a given if you remember. I'm sure if he had signs of dementia, it would have been noted and considered. There is no way he and his wife and kids and supporters would willingly decide to run a candidate who may lose their faculties at any time. Dementia doesn't have a stated timeline. If you get dementia you might wake up tomorrow not knowing who your family is...or you could just forget the word for something now and again for weeks. There is no way a whole army of folks would put him at risk like that.

You aren't asking for just Joe Biden to be misleading -- but an ARMY of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies