Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 09:00 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,245,830 times

Advertisements

Hear me out.

Not long after I graduated HS, my town's HS elected as homecoming king and queen a very overweight girl and a goth guy who was probably gay.

Was it because they were liberal and compassionate? Or was it because they were iconoclastic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2020, 09:39 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,641,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
Trump was the first Republican since Reagan to win the white youth vote.

https://news.uchicago.edu/podcasts/b...rs-cathy-cohen
Maybe because they have no sense of history and don't understand what people normally expect from a president in terms of intelligence and civilized behavior.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:48 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,594,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Because young White people appreciate cool personalities, and Trump is the coolest campaigner anyone has ever seen.
To be Gen-X about it, cool in a Beavis and Butthead / Johnny Bravo kind of way, perhaps. And that's the most forgiving description I care to give.

He just comes off as crude, rude, bigoted, and means-spirited to me. And this from a white male Gen-Xer.

Old 03-12-2020, 11:28 PM

72,959 posts, read 62,537,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
To be Gen-X about it, cool in a Beavis and Butthead / Johnny Bravo kind of way, perhaps. And that's the most forgiving description I care to give.

He just comes off as crude, rude, bigoted, and means-spirited to me. And this from a white male Gen-Xer.
You don't have to be any particular ethnicity or race, or generation to understand how Trump comes off. You have empathy. You understand that he comes off as bigoted, crude, and brutish.

I wouldn't use Beavis and Butthead to describe Trump. I would describe Trump more as an Archie Bunker type person.

Old 03-13-2020, 05:46 AM

58,944 posts, read 27,254,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No I don't, and I don't want to. I have better things to do than have anything to do with Trump rallies. By the way, I am talking about what I see around me. Pretty much every Black person I've met doesn't support Trump. How many Blacks are you around on a daily basis?

Oh, about that Blacks at Trump rallies.

https://newsone.com/playlist/blacks-...s-video/item/2
I don't care about the options from biased source.
I DO see blacks at his rally's. All rest from the left is just nonsense.

I DO see blacks on TV who DO support him. Does he have the majority? NO But he also has more then you want to admit.

You don't and and can't stand the fact that even just one black supports him. Too bad!

Old 03-13-2020, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Identity politics by race was going on long before "multiculturalism". It was a thing when America was 90% White and Blacks dealing with having their own rights violated. Look at how the South voted before the Civil Rights Act was passed. Look at what happened in 1968 when George Wallace, an ardent segregationist, ran for President. He lost the election, but he won the Deep South (and no, Blacks did not vote for that fool). Look at the South today. Blacks vote Democrat everywhere, but look at the South. Blacks vote Democrat to the tune of 90%+ percent. Whites vote majority Republican. I bring up the South because there are more Blacks in the South than anywhere else in America. Once you get outsided of the cities, RACE, not immigrants, plays a huge role in who votes for whom. The predominantly Black rural counties of the South vote Democrat along with Blacks in urban areas. Whites living outside of the large cities of the South mainly vote Republican, with some exceptions.

Welcome to America, where tribalism has been the rule rather than the exception.
"if you live in the PAST, you will NOT have a good FUTURE", someone said.

I don't see Jews going around EVERY DAY whining and crying about what Hitler did.

I read that Hitler killed MORE Christians then Jews. I don't see any of them whining EVERY DAY about it.

Do the Irish complain and whine every day for the way they weer treated when they came to America?

Yes, all you said happened a LONG TIME AGO. The Equal Rights Act was ALSO been passed decades ago. So was Affirmative Action, desegregating schools. etc. etc.etc.

Are you a slave being held hostage at some plantation? Can you live wherever you want? Are you allowed to go to PUBLIC schools, to vote, etc.etc.etc.?

"Whites living outside of the large cities of the South mainly vote Republican, with some exceptions."

So what? Most blacks vote democrat. Are they ALL RACISTS?

"Some see the glass half empty, others see it half full"

It must really be a bad life to live and think the way you do. Sad, so very sad.

Old 03-13-2020, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
As long as his wife is there to interpose herself, while he stands vacuous and slack-jawed.
"As long as his wife is there", if he can figure lout which one is his wife and which one is his sister.

Old 03-13-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
And exactly who you wouldn't want as CIC during a pandemic and the worst market crash in decades.

Looks like pelosi is trying to play adult in the room while Trump is taunting her with tweets

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-126178
"Looks like pelosi is trying to play adult" She has to "play" because she certainly doesn't act like one in real life.

Old 03-13-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm from Mississippi. All my relatives are still rooted in Mississippi and Alabama. I keep in touch with many. And they are all republicans. Some voted for Trump, some stayed home. The ones who did vote for Trump said they wouldn't vote for him in the next election. Both states are poor so why keep electing a republican who doesn't do anything for you. And that includes senators and congressmen as well. These states vote against they own best interest. Let me ask you, why exactly is your daughter a Trump fan?
And Vermont and New Hampshire are mostly white and vote dem or independent.

Old 03-13-2020, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Maybe because they have no sense of history and don't understand what people normally expect from a president in terms of intelligence and civilized behavior.
"Maybe", if, could, should, etc, is all we have heard for over 3 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies