Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 07:28 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,045,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
We've had so much unnecessary panic that now, we as a nation are having to deal with decisions being made by people who've apparently been watching too much of the Fake News media. That, more than anything, has contributed to the craziness. Look, I understand postponing certain events to protect people during what will be a temporary crisis. But shutting down America??? This is a bit much. The President's travel bans overseas should be enough for now.

I have much faith that those with the virus will be healed before anybody knows it. The risk, overall, is still low. We just need, as quickly as possible, to get back to life as normal. Don't let the wrong media control your every move.
I tend to agree.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:55 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,088,757 times
The NHL has also postponed their season as of this morning.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:04 AM

45,315 posts, read 26,834,676 times
Back to Gobert... player #2 on the Jazz infected. For those that don't know, Mitchell is the best player on the Jazz team.

Jazz stars Mitchell, Gobert test positive; Gobert apologizes

Donovan Mitchell of the Utah Jazz confirmed Thursday that he tested positive for the coronavirus, saying that he is personally dealing with the pandemic that has temporarily shut down the NBA and other major sports leagues.

Later, Jazz teammate Rudy Gobert — the first NBA player to test positive, which prompted the league to suspend the season — also confirmed his status and apologized. “I was careless and make no excuse," Gobert said in an Instagram post.

“I have gone through so many emotions since learning of my diagnosis … mostly fear, anxiety, and embarrassment," Gobert wrote. “The first and most important thing is I would like to publicly apologize to the people that I may have endangered. At the time, I had no idea I was even infected."

Interesting... he feels fear, anxiety, and embarrassment... um - does he feel sick? That seems to be missing...

Old 03-13-2020, 12:03 PM

77,800 posts, read 59,963,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Back to Gobert... player #2 on the Jazz infected. For those that don't know, Mitchell is the best player on the Jazz team.

Jazz stars Mitchell, Gobert test positive; Gobert apologizes

Donovan Mitchell of the Utah Jazz confirmed Thursday that he tested positive for the coronavirus, saying that he is personally dealing with the pandemic that has temporarily shut down the NBA and other major sports leagues.

Later, Jazz teammate Rudy Gobert — the first NBA player to test positive, which prompted the league to suspend the season — also confirmed his status and apologized. “I was careless and make no excuse," Gobert said in an Instagram post.

“I have gone through so many emotions since learning of my diagnosis … mostly fear, anxiety, and embarrassment," Gobert wrote. “The first and most important thing is I would like to publicly apologize to the people that I may have endangered. At the time, I had no idea I was even infected."

Interesting... he feels fear, anxiety, and embarrassment... um - does he feel sick? That seems to be missing...
Probably not. Young healthy people are for the most part shrugging this thing off. The death rate is in the old and sick. Death rate >80 years old is 20% or more. For those <50 it's a fraction of 1%.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...-demographics/

Old 03-13-2020, 12:45 PM

6,825 posts, read 2,595,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Utah Jazz player Rudy Gobert tested positive... they stopped the game in its tracks... those two teams are quarantined in the arena... NBA has suspended the season after tonight.
Robberies, murders, and rapes to increase for the rest of the year now that fans have nothing to keep them in line.

Old 03-13-2020, 12:52 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,438,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Robberies, murders, and rapes to increase for the rest of the year now that fans have nothing to keep them in line.
WTH are you implying here?

Old 03-13-2020, 12:57 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,843,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Probably not. Young healthy people are for the most part shrugging this thing off. The death rate is in the old and sick. Death rate >80 years old is 20% or more. For those <50 it's a fraction of 1%.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...-demographics/
Well he must have felt sick enough for them to have tested him. They just didn't randomly decide to test him?

Old 03-13-2020, 02:00 PM

45,315 posts, read 26,834,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Well he must have felt sick enough for them to have tested him. They just didn't randomly decide to test him?
It would seem that he would have mentioned it, but he didn't. Fear, anxiety, and embarrassment were the larger points of focus.

Old 03-13-2020, 02:02 PM

6,825 posts, read 2,595,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
WTH are you implying here?
Why do you think "midnight basketball" was implemented in the 1990s?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies