Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2020, 07:21 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,003,655 times

Advertisements

Fact: COVID-19 did start in China, if not in a lab then in the 'wet' markets of China.

And yes they were negligent. And it will happen again and again if we don't take action!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPpoJGYlW54

Those poor bears and tigers! Just so rich Chinese men can have a magic potion to overcome their ED!

Old 03-13-2020, 07:22 AM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
"Despite mounting pleas from California and other states, the Trump administration isn’t allowing states to use Medicaid more freely to respond to the coronavirus crisis by expanding medical services.

In previous emergencies, including the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Hurricane Katrina and the H1N1 flu outbreak, both Republican and Democratic administrations loosened Medicaid rules to empower states to meet surging needs.

But months into the current global disease outbreak, the White House and senior federal health officials haven’t taken the necessary steps to give states simple pathways to fully leverage the mammoth safety net program to prevent a wider epidemic."

Trump administration blocks states from using Medicaid to respond to coronavirus crisis:
https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...navirus-crisis

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
It may have been accidental.
China had 6 escapes of SARS from their labs.

And there is a lab a mere 300 feet from that market where they say it all started.

So who really knows.

20,042 posts, read 20,844,919 times
This virus is nothing more than a planned attack on Irish Americans. Think of the timing of all this. This thing hits big in March? It's so obvious this is part of a bigger plot to bring down the Irish again. All Saint Paddy's day parades and activities have been cancelled.
93% of US cases are Irish Americans. Coincidence? No way.

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
We should be limiting all travel including domestic travel to heavily infected areas.

I assume this is coming very soon. I can see it now, the national guard keeping people entering or leaving certain states.

1,663 posts, read 1,054,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikiwikirunner View Post
There is no factual basis for this theory.

To take a quote from the movie Super Troopers , I'll believe the Daily Mail when me ***** turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbet.

The south china university article is mentioned by numerous other news sources besides the daily mail and fox news.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/17/coron...peed-12252873/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird...ood-market-spt

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/615...ovt-laboratory

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
The following countries are considered to be places of localized transmission between people.

Singapore
Malaysia
Australia
Philippines
Vietnam
New Zealand
Cambodia

China
South Korea
Japan
Singapore
Malaysia
Australia
Philippines
Vietnam
New Zealand
Cambodia

Italy
France
Germany
Spain
Switzerland
United Kingdom
Netherlands
Sweden
Belgium
Norway
Austria
Denmark
Greece
Iceland
San Marino
Finland
Israel
Czechia
Portugal
Ireland
Slovenia
Poland
Romania
Croatia
Hungary
North Macedonia
Slovakia
Belarus
Bulgaria
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Southeast Asia Region

Thailand
India
Indonesia
Maldives
Bangladesh
Eastern Mediterranean Region

Iran
Bahrain
Iraq
Egypt
United Arab Emirates
Lebanon
Pakistan
Occupied Palestinian Territory
Region of the Americas

United States
Canada
Brazil
Ecuador
Chile
Costa Rica
Peru
African Region

Algeria
Cameroon

It is a bit concerning to me as I am due to fly to the Philippines on Sunday and they just announced they will shortly be banning anyone from entry to the Philippines who has been in any of these countries during the past 14 days. Only Filipino citizens, their dependents, permanent Philippine residents, and diplomats will be allowed into the Philippines as it grapples with the global pandemic

I don't know when the ban is due to take place.
Does it matter when the ban takes place?

And the risk of the USA expanding their flight restrictions is real.

I don't even see what your concern is.

Unless you want to be stuck in the Phillipines -- don't care if you can get back in -go -- but if any of that is a 'concern' -- don't go.

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i wondered the same thing. read this yesterday. me, i'm stocking up on liquor.

The psychology behind why toilet paper, of all things, is the latest coronavirus panic buy
lol

One video I watched on Japanese news media explains the reason why they stock up on toilet paper: They heard toilet paper has to be imported from China.

Honestly, toilet paper is the last thing I really worry about.

The only thing I stock up (well, if you can call that stock up) is cold medication. Two bottle of tylenol, and some cough medication, that is it.

This is the time to eat very clean, vegetable and mixed nuts, fruits, etc. I don't see the point of stock up on junk food.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:24 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Default Trump refuses to meet with Pelosi

President snowflake is pitching another fit not wanting to meet with Pelosi. Putting his feelings ahead of the country. Again. This is AFTER. saying that we need to work together as a nation.
I guess he wasn’t talking about himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz0L...&feature=share

Old 03-13-2020, 07:24 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
"Despite mounting pleas from California and other states, the Trump administration isn’t allowing states to use Medicaid more freely to respond to the coronavirus crisis by expanding medical services.

In previous emergencies, including the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Hurricane Katrina and the H1N1 flu outbreak, both Republican and Democratic administrations loosened Medicaid rules to empower states to meet surging needs.

But months into the current global disease outbreak, the White House and senior federal health officials haven’t taken the necessary steps to give states simple pathways to fully leverage the mammoth safety net program to prevent a wider epidemic."

Trump administration blocks states from using Medicaid to respond to coronavirus crisis:
https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...navirus-crisis

LA Times has a paywall. Here is another source:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...us-says-report

The coronavirus test needs to be free and easily available. We need to know who has it and isolate them from the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies