Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2020, 06:04 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No....but we do have laboratories where we create biological agents as instruments to do harm to other populations, in war. Other countries have such as well. I will Never know where the virus originated. Pssssssssstttttt....”and you will never know either”. Either it’s true that it originated in China and or its true that a lot of people want people to believe that it did.”
Generally true. Unleashing a pathogen on others as a weapon should be met with resistance.

Think what evil brew is in the laboratory formula books. For next time.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:08 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Yeah... And we already have names to distinguish this strain. Covid-19. Novel CoV. There's no reason to try to stick it with another label just to identify where it came from. And you already see where this is heading... With all those Fox news pundits saying China needs to apologize to America for unleashing it.
If they had been up front about the virus from the beginning, and asked for the help of the WHO and CDC when they first discovered it, and if the brave doctor who blew the whistle was still alive, I might be in full agreement with you.

In other words, if China had done everything it could have to contain the virus, from the very beginning, and it got out anyway, then they would be blameless. But that isn’t the case.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:08 AM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
I'm no Trump supporter, but before I trash what he says/does, I like to know all the facts. So---with the announcement about travel from Europe being stopped...except for the UK, I'd like to know why. Liberal media is saying it's because he has golf courses and other properties there. Trump didn't explain why the UK is exempted. It already has over 400 COVID cases. Does anyone know what the rationale would be? I know the UK is an island(s), but Malta is a European island as well and they wouldn't be allowed to travel to the US.....
Since Brexit, it is no longer part of the Schengen Area.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:10 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
I'm no Trump supporter, but before I trash what he says/does, I like to know all the facts. So---with the announcement about travel from Europe being stopped...except for the UK, I'd like to know why. Liberal media is saying it's because he has golf courses and other properties there. Trump didn't explain why the UK is exempted. It already has over 400 COVID cases. Does anyone know what the rationale would be? I know the UK is an island(s), but Malta is a European island as well and they wouldn't be allowed to travel to the US.....
Yes that was strange that the UK was excluded since they also have cases. I guess this is no longer left wing hype as he stated a little over a week ago.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:13 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yup Americans are guilty of spreading the virus. That basketball player was just in Toronto last week. A woman from Canada traveled to DEnver and brought home the virus.

Dam Americans -- I'm kidding.....but I'm not.

This is not a Chinese, European virus -- it's a freak'n virus.
FTC oh. it’s 100% chinese.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:14 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,767,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
So what stops everyone in Europe from making a flight connection in the UK to get to the US?
Not much. Yes, people can lie and some probably will. I have heard of people lying about where they were in Asia and returned to the US through Hawaii. I think that sucks and is selfish to put people's lives at risk.

But most people are decent and will do the right thing.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:14 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Hiding reality, it a common liberal tactic. You are not allowed to call a Chinese virus, a Chinese virus. Just like you are not allowed to call radical Islamic terrorism, radical Islamic terrorism.

“Shh. Don’t say that. Reality is offensive to some people.”

Typical Leftist response is to avoid holding anyone responsible for anything.....

Unless it's Trump or a Republican/Conservative.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:16 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Yeah... And we already have names to distinguish this strain. Covid-19. Novel CoV. There's no reason to try to stick it with another label just to identify where it came from. And you already see where this is heading... With all those Fox news pundits saying China needs to apologize to America for unleashing it.
It came FROM China! Lose your emotionally driven political nonsense for a change, good Lord you libs are such babies!

Old 03-12-2020, 06:18 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
If a deadly tick disease can be named after a town in Connecticut, this virus can be named after it's place of origin.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:20 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
It came FROM China! Lose your emotionally driven political nonsense for a change, good Lord you libs are such babies!
Tucker Carlson ran a segment last night running clip after clip of CNN loons calling it "China Virus" or "Wuhan Virus". Now they have a problem? Because their communist masters from China have told them not to call it that anymore, that's why.

These poisonous cultural marxists are America's worst enemies from within. They do love communism and China more than they love America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies