Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2020, 04:25 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Can't just blame the governement, I think many American people are very irresponsible too.
That would explain why only 37% of Americans got vaccinated for influenza back in 2018/19

Old 03-13-2020, 04:25 PM

3,604 posts, read 1,655,075 times
Quote:
No, South Koreans are mad as hell because their country didn't have travel ban. They have had mass community transmission because 60% of their cased linked to one church and church didn't want to reveal the church members' name and addresses.

They got promptly tested though with fast results and quarantines for positives...why can't Americans with symptoms get tested now?!
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-51836898

Old 03-13-2020, 04:29 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
They got tested though...why can't Americans with symptoms get tested?!
well, I don't know why, but I know one thing: things will change soon.

Don't know how many times I have said this, and I think it is worth repeating, test =/= treatment.

Test is only useful when there is a follow up plan. where do we put these people who are tested positive? etc, etc, it is not like I have any answers.

The only thing I DO know is that if you can manage the symptoms at home, then stay home. If you are sick, then stay home. Leave the hospital to those who really need them. Now, one of my friends is asking the same question, "i have dry cough, no fever, why can't I get a test done to put my mind at ease?" I said to him, "Well, if you are tested negative, what are you going to do? Going out partying?" he said, "hell yeah" well, what he should do is stay home. At least not be able to get a test stop him from going to all these blind dates lol

Gee, I sometimes even wondering if it is actually a good idea to test as many people as possible. Should keep them scared, so they behave. some people are plain weird, they think test = treatment or something.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 03-13-2020 at 04:40 PM..

Old 03-13-2020, 04:33 PM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
I don't know what numbers Trump knew but shelves in the grocery store have been empty for a couple of weeks. Apparently someone knew.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:38 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I don't know what numbers Trump knew but shelves in the grocery store have been empty for a couple of weeks. Apparently someone knew.
Everybody knew except Trump. Because he didn't want to know. Kind of like he stalled the testing because he doesn't want to know the real numbers.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:42 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Everybody knew except Trump. Because he didn't want to know. Kind of like he stalled the testing because he doesn't want to know the real numbers.

No, chucky shumer also did not know....unless you agree with chucky shumer calling trump a racist on the 5th of FEB 2020 for for a premature travel ban? Do you agree with shumer?

Old 03-13-2020, 04:43 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
There is news that the virus survives up to 3 days on steel and plastics surfaces.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:45 PM

3,604 posts, read 1,655,075 times
Quote:
well, I don't know why, but I know one thing: things will change soon.

Don't know how many times I have said this, and I think it is worth repeating, test =/= treatment.

Test is only useful when there is a follow up plan. where do we put these people who are tested positive? etc, etc, it is not like I have any answers.

The only thing I DO know is that if you can manage the symptoms at home, then stay home. If you are sick, then stay home. Leave the hospital to those who really need them. Now, one of my friends is asking the same question, "i have dry cough, no fever, why can't I get a test done to put my mind at ease?" I said to him, "Well, if you are tested negative, what are you going to do? Going out partying?" he said, "hell yeah" well, what he should do is staying home. At least not be able to get a test stop him from going to all these blind dates lol

Gee, I sometimes even wondering if it is actually a good idea to test as many people as possible. Should keep them scared, so they behave. some people are plain weird, they think test = treatment or something.
Soon is too late! TEST those with flu symptoms NOW! Yes, stay at home if you have mild symptoms and can manage. If significant flu symptoms getting worse..see Doctor! Curious if you are elderly or have to help an elderly family member like I do? They are at a BIG risk which is scary. South Korea did the right stuff quickly that the rest of the world would be prudent to follow!

Old 03-13-2020, 04:46 PM

989 posts, read 455,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, chucky shumer also did not know....unless you agree with chucky shumer calling trump a racist on the 5th of FEB 2020 for for a premature travel ban? Do you agree with shumer?
You keep repeating this over and over. Schumer was an idiot and thank goodness he's not the president. Guess what? Trump is still worse.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:48 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Soon is too late! TEST those with flu symptoms NOW! Yes, stay at home if you have mild symptoms and can manage. If significant flu symptoms getting worse..see Doctor! Curious if you are elderly or have to help an elderly family member? They are at a BIG risk which is scary. South Korea did the right stuff quickly that the rest of the world would be prudent to follow!

sigh.

If you are elderly, if you started coughing and having high fever, (or you cannot breath) of course you are going to call the family doctor immediately. Maybe even call 911.

But if you are fairly young, healthy, what is the point to go to the hospital if your symptoms can be easily managed at home? Just stay HOME when you are sick. It is so much better than getting tested, found out you are negative, and behaving irresponsible again. Teaching people to behave is so much more important than get a test done in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies